IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Guardian Legends

BeaIank

30 minutes ago, NESfiend said:
11 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

I could eat a dozen krispy kremes without flinching.

Skinny dude like you? Youd be sick for a week. Love krispy kremes, but 2-3 would totally destroy me

Once upon a time I decided to stop consuming all refined sugar (aka sugar cane with all the nutrients stripped out of it in order to turn it into literal poison.) Then about 5 years later I came into possession of a box of donuts that may very well have been Krispy Kreme, though I don't remember for certain.  I ate one or two donuts and felt like someone had hit me in the gut.  I was very nearly at the point of rolling around on the ground and moaning like a sick dog.  A buddy of mine consumes a lot of sugar and cholesterol and the joke is that he better not stop as it's probably what's holding his arteries together.  Maybe Skinny's Tapeworm eats the bad parts for him...

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PII said:

Once upon a time I decided to stop consuming all refined sugar (aka sugar cane with all the nutrients stripped out of it in order to turn it into literal poison.) Then about 5 years later I came into possession of a box of donuts that may very well have been Krispy Kreme, though I don't remember for certain.  I ate one or two donuts and felt like someone had hit me in the gut.  I was very nearly at the point of rolling around on the ground and moaning like a sick dog.  A buddy of mine consumes a lot of sugar and cholesterol and the joke is that he better not stop as it's probably what's holding his arteries together.  Maybe Skinny's Tapeworm eats the bad parts for him...

Guilting us to be healthy. Never would have imagined this from my pii

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Guilting us to be healthy. Never would have imagined this from my pii

No good deed goes unpunished, eh?  You'll just have to take out your aggression against your truly next week, ...that is, if you think your chops are RAD enough!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PII said:

No good deed goes unpunished, eh?  You'll just have to take out your aggression against your truly next week, ...that is, if you think your chops are RAD enough!

Played some during the break week and my chops were not great. I improved some throughout the week, but never beat it. Between my subpar skills and 3 hearings in 3 days, then leaving town Friday, I am going to be a nonfactor in the real race. Even if I had an ideal week, its just not a game I know well. I knew Rad Racer 2 pretty well and you still edged me out in that one.

The real race will be between you and @Bearcat-Doug and it will be a fun one to watch for sure. I will get a half respectable score on the board at some point so people know I am alive and well - my responsibility to the fans as the only former racing cat champ, and potentially the only one who will ever exist. 

10 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Played some during the break week and my chops were not great. I improved some throughout the week, but never beat it. Between my subpar skills and 3 hearings in 3 days, then leaving town Friday, I am going to be a nonfactor in the real race. Even if I had an ideal week, its just not a game I know well. I knew Rad Racer 2 pretty well and you still edged me out in that one.

The real race will be between you and @Bearcat-Doug and it will be a fun one to watch for sure. I will get a half respectable score on the board at some point so people know I am alive and well - my responsibility to the fans as the only former racing cat champ, and potentially the only one who will ever exist. 

I really wish there was a way I could click 3 sad faces, an eyeroll, an angry face and a disagree all at once.  I thought you'd have learned by now the necessity of completely reorganizing your professional and family life subordinate to the WAAAAAAAAY more important 8-bit racing contests online with a bunch of yahoos you haven't met in real life. 😉 But in all seriousness I guess I hear ya.  It's just that while I edged you out in RRII, you won the day in Chase HQ, so it feels like you and I have some unfinished RR-style business is all.

We need a Racing Cat again BIG time.  I miss the days when you were all in almost every game.  I know, real world stuff happens.  Been dealin' with that a lot myself this season...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, NESfiend said:

What about @Richardhead who's on top of the sports leaderboard? He's the one I have to beat for the title. I'm pretty confident I can get the win since I can push 68k with a clean no crash run, but I'm definitely not looking past Rich next week.

@Gloves is poised to take home the first place prize pack. @PII right behind. See what the next couple weeks bring. 

Got one more regular season prize pack ready. Not sure which week will turn out to be the most popular game left in the line up. Yo Noid is the only one left that I'm looking forward too.

11 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Have you been working on your Rad Racer skills all week? I figured you would at least beat my score since apparently I'm awful at this game.

I haven’t played any rad racer this week at all. I’ll put up a better score for this game tomorrow.

haven’t been playing Rad racer because I know I can’t beat you. 
congratulations sports champ!😁

It’s been a busy week for me. Between work and 3 “girlfriends” I haven’t had much time to play vidya games. I’ve got some shit to do tonight, but nothing to do tomorrow. 
next week I’m working all damn week because @Reed Rothchild is in town for the weekend. Had to pick up an extra shift to take a Saturday off. 

Edited by Richardhead

1 minute ago, Richardhead said:

I haven’t played any rad racer this week at all. I’ll put up a better score for this game tomorrow.

haven’t been playing Rad racer because I know I can’t beat you. 
congratulations sports champ!😁

If you can beat the game, it's possible to beat me. Just don't crash and you'll do fine!

• Haha 1