IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Guardian Legends

BeaIank

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Nice job glovesie you been around 50k ahead of me all week. I didn’t do a whole lot of searching for more points but am curious where you’re getting it. Nice job though.

I just kill everything. The game honestly gives pretty varied points from playthrough to playthrough. I imagine it has a lot to do with whether or not the seeker shots kill the things that spew out extra points or not. I rush down the bosses so that can't be where points are happening, unless I'm somehow being awarded for speed (to my knowledge this isn't the case).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I just kill everything. The game honestly gives pretty varied points from playthrough to playthrough. I imagine it has a lot to do with whether or not the seeker shots kill the things that spew out extra points or not. I rush down the bosses so that can't be where points are happening, unless I'm somehow being awarded for speed (to my knowledge this isn't the case).

Seeker shot. That’s it I was running with the sword and double sword. Agreed destroy the bosses quickly also. 
I always wonder how “item points” are calculated.

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Seeker shot. That’s it I was running with the sword and double sword. Agreed destroy the bosses quickly also. 
I always wonder how “item points” are calculated.

Pretty sure the points required to unlock each item are determined by the amount of points you have thus far minus any points gained from bosses.

Just now, docile tapeworm said:

I appreciate it dude. Nice words coming from a hof member! 

You deserve it! If I beat Rich this week that gives me three sports titles. I basically just have to post a score for Yie Ar Kung Fu to win the beat em up title. I think that will make three, but since our charms are turned off I can't remember if I what I won since the new site started.

• Wow! 1

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

You deserve it! If I beat Rich this week that gives me three sports titles. I basically just have to post a score for Yie Ar Kung Fu to win the beat em up title. I think that will make three, but since our charms are turned off I can't remember if I what I won since the new site started.

Dude you been crushing people in the beat um up and sports genres for a decade! 

ya I wish we could have our little charms still from NA too

2 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Dude you been crushing people in the beat um up and sports genres for a decade! 

ya I wish we could have our little charms still from NA too

I checked and I won the beat em up title in 2020 so if I win the sports and beat em up titles this year, I'll have three of each. I have one arcade and one action/platformer title too. I've never won a shooter or puzzle title, but those are my two worst genres.

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned