IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Guardian Legends

BeaIank

Administrator · Posted

@BeaIank

Can you confirm for me please... Are the scores currently posted valid? When you say "play until you lose your first life" do you mean "play until your heart count goes down by one"? Or do you mean "play until your ship explodes"? 

If it's the latter then I've put in a lot more effort than I needed to in the "don't take any damage at all" department. 

Events Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

@BeaIank

Can you confirm for me please... Are the scores currently posted valid? When you say "play until you lose your first life" do you mean "play until your heart count goes down by one"? Or do you mean "play until your ship explodes"? 

If it's the latter then I've put in a lot more effort than I needed to in the "don't take any damage at all" department. 

Play till the ship goes boom. And I will consider the scores posted so far valid. I didn't make a participation requirement to get to a certain stage this time.

11 minutes ago, Gloves said:

If there's a strat, I've forgotten it lol.

Actually my 250 is at the beginning of stage 3 lol.

strategy wise it’s pretty straightforward as far as I know. I do better when i finesse his ass. Wait for the good pitches.

that boss is a pain though I was all confused about what stage and boss you were talking about.

Edited by docile tapeworm

On 8/21/2023 at 6:55 PM, SuperJimtendo said:

Played a couple times this morning, managed to get progressively worse scores each run. BROTHER!Overcome Randy Savage GIF

Its thumb fatigue. My old ass digits are good for one run. 

Edit: The game makes you go from the left most portion to the right most portion over and over again with those skinny headed fish fellas. Its not a challenging aspect really, just wears you out. My only complaint with this one. Great shooter otherwise.

Edited by NESfiend

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Its thumb fatigue. My old ass digits are good for one run. 

Edit: The game makes you go from the left most portion to the right most portion over and over again with those skinny headed fish fellas. Its not a challenging aspect really, just wears you out. My only complaint with this one. Great shooter otherwise.

When you're at the same vertical point as a fish it'll turn in your direction, so just sit on one near the top; the fish in front of you dies instantly, and the other graciously comes over to be killed.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gloves said:

When you're at the same vertical point as a fish it'll turn in your direction, so just sit on one near the top; the fish in front of you dies instantly, and the other graciously comes over to be killed.

I was just using that energy ball sub weapon that you can use to shoot sideways so I didn't even have to move.

17 hours ago, Gloves said:

If there's a strat, I've forgotten it lol.

So I made a run last night and got to area 3 boss and said “watch me finesse this punk!” Ya there was no finessing to it. dude power destroyed me in like 10 seconds with a couple strings of electric seaweed. What an asshole. 

• Haha 3