IGNORED

Why is Little Samson So Much More Expensive?

little samson is expensive because of supply

decent nes game. nothing to write home about

not even the best taito game for nes

IMO the bible name and late release stopped it from being reproduced. same thing happened to barbie groom and glam pups

if it was a good game they would have made more

https://www.pricecharting.com/search-products?type=prices&q=barbie%3A+groom+and+glam+pups

high likelyhood the original developers are sitting on tons of old carts and flat boxes and sealed games

Edited by CIB_Wholesale

11 hours ago, CIB_Wholesale said:

decent nes game. nothing to write home about

I literally wrote a ~700 word piece about it, and I am little inspired to do many reviews.

not even the best taito game for nes

What's better? Bubble Bobble? I love it but it's way simple 

IMO the bible name and late release stopped it from being reproduced. 

Agreed 💯 

Out of curiosity I looked up all the Taito games, Little Samson is (in my opinion) the best one, by a fairly wide margin. It's all subjective of course, but I'd say of the NA releases it goes something like:

Little Samson > Flintstones 2 > Kickmaster > Jetsons > Panic Restaurant > The rest.

All the Bubble Bobble games are fine, including Rainbow Islands which is a new game to me, but the arcade-style action doesn't rise to the same level for me as longer, less-repetitive games.

• Agree 1

Taito had such a weird trajectory on the NES. Most companies' best games were like '87-'91 and they seemed to prefer phoning it in once the SNES dropped, if they released anything at all. Taito kind of flip-flopped that.

I do like Arkanoid, though. 🙂

Edited by Tulpa
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Taito had such a weird trajectory on the NES. Most companies' best games were like '87-'91 and they seemed to prefer phoning it in once the SNES dropped, if they released anything at all. Taito kind of flip-flopped that.

I do like Arkanoid, though. 🙂

Well their 1977 release of Space Invaders probably outsold every other game they made so you could argue they got worse after that even if their late games were bangers.

• Agree 1

Kickmaster is awesome and I definitely won't definitively say it's better than LS. Both great, same quality period and people. That's a good comparison that shows the question in sharper relief. Did something happen that made one more currently sought than the other? Quantity produced, a review or ad somewhere sometime?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Well their 1977 release of Space Invaders probably outsold every other game they made so you could argue they got worse after that even if their late games were bangers.

Well, I specifically said NES, and I wasn't talking about overall sales, either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CIB_Wholesale said:

if the price is too high there's no problem getting the PAL version

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/pal-nes/little-samson

But then you have to collect all the PAL games, and then Mah Jong comes along and then your wallet starts cursing you out and it becomes awkward when you're trying to buy dinner and all these obscenities start pouring out when you're in line at McDonalds and who needs that hassle? I just want some nuggets, man!  :(

• Agree 1

Kickmaster is a solid game, and it does look and play in ways ahead of its time.  Problematic is the fact in more recent years the price skyrocketed so I can't recommend it anymore due to that alone, just like I love bubble bobble 2 but F that price. 😛  I mean if Famicom were included in this for Taito(which it isn't) there are some other arcade titles and things that would have been fantastic choices for here and Don Doko Don(1 or 2) come to mind.

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

I can’t get into kick master. Why does he kick like that straight up in the air thing and then collecting the items after defeating an enemy ?…

Before I release the snark kraken, I just want to be sure. Are you asking why he's kicking in a game called Kickmaster?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

Before I release the snark kraken, I just want to be sure. Are you asking why he's kicking in a game called Kickmaster?

What the fuck kinda Jack ass kick is this?

and why do I have to jump up and collect that bull shit every single f’n time I kill an enemy wtf?!

RPReplay_Final1695242290.gif.426c91b42118e5d3b80fa60934974662.gif 

• Like 1