IGNORED

Which do you eat first? Fries, burger or both at the same time?

Brickman

What do you eat first fries, burger or both?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What do you eat first fries, burger or both?

• Fries first
    • Burger first
    • I'm a barbarian and eat both at the same time!

Ok VGS we need to debate which is the better way to eat a burger and fries meal.

Most people I meet think I'm bizarre for eating fries first then moving onto the burger. They argue that the burger is better first. I say they're the crazy ones!

Fries first because they get cold first and they're like the appetiser for the main course, the burger! Surely there are other intelligent people on here that feel the same way?

I've also added the option for the savages that do both at the same time, but honestly, you're a disgrace 🤣

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, fox said:

Fries on the burger #lifehax

I was about to say this.  I literally open my burger (or Chicken sandwich) and pile on the fries til they fall off, then eat the sandwich.

Also, it’s a fact that it’s impossible to pick up fast food with fries, and NOT eat all the fries before you get home.  In the restaurant, or if someone has brought me food, see above.  Otherwise, the smell gets me every time and I’m reaching in the bag and eating them as I drive.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

I’m fries first for sure. Like has been said gotta get those while they are hot. I won’t neglect the burger to the point it gets cold or I fill up on fries.

What I do is slam some hot fries then go in for the burger. I’ll then go after the fries two or three more times during the course of the burger eating.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

My world is upside down, which is strange because I'm not the one in Australia. While cold fries are worthless, fries stay hot longer than the burger does. 

13 hours ago, Brickman said:

Damn, too many weirdos here that mix the two! I couldn’t do that, it ruins the flavour of the burger.

*enhances

I also put chips crisps on many sandwiches. 

• Love 1
  • Disagree 2

2 hours ago, Link said:

My world is upside down, which is strange because I'm not the one in Australia. While cold fries are worthless, fries stay hot longer than the burger does. 

*enhances

What? Fries definitely go colder faster than a burger. I have no scientific proof to back this up but that’s my experience 😆

Chips in a sandwich is just bizarre. No words for that.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Link said:

*enhances

There use to be a sandwich shop across the street from where my wife and I lived called Pressini’s and their whole thing was that they made pressed sandwiches with chips inside.

It was loved by all and I loved the place until it shut down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brickman said:

What? Fries definitely go colder faster than a burger. I have no scientific proof to back this up but that’s my experience 😆

I did say my world is upside down 🤷‍♀️ I don't prefer it because typically i like them much less than the burger itself, but I don't want it to get cold so I have to finish it first. Then I'm left with the less-satisfactory side.

4 hours ago, Brickman said:

Chips in a sandwich is just bizarre. No words for that.

I like a big mix of textures and flavors. A typical sandwich I'd make at home is smoked turkey, cheese, chips, salami, roasted red peppers, another kind of cheese, and LTO on sourdough bread spread with a mix of mayo, garlic, oregano, and grated parmesan cheese. Maybe add some paprika and thyme on the turkey. And I might toast the bread lightly with the meat and cheese to heat them up, melt the cheese, and make the bread a bit stronger which comes in handy when you pile high like that.

@BrickmanI'm not at all surprised or mad that you laughed at that, but now I'm curious. What do you like on a burger? I have a friend who gets his with nothing but cheese and it makes me a little sad. (even in a nice restaurant, so this isnt just a McDonalds hack) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Link said:

@BrickmanI'm not at all surprised or mad that you laughed at that, but now I'm curious. What do you like on a burger? I have a friend who gets his with nothing but cheese and it makes me a little sad. (even in a nice restaurant, so this isnt just a McDonalds hack) 

I just found the idea of cheetos on a sandwich to be so bizarre, so my only reaction was to laugh. I just can't imagine the taste of bread and cheetos been something I find to be a good taste.

I'm pretty open to what's on a burger but I don't like pickles. I very rarely eat fast food burgers except for KFC burgers. I normally have burgers from restaurants/cafes. I'll normally have a burger with beef, cheese, onion, bacon and whatever sauces they add. Avocado or beetroot can also be nice if the ingredient combo is right. I also like spicy burgers if that's an option.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 3:21 PM, JamesRobot said:

Didn't we do this one already?  Maybe that was on NA...

Just like any other meal, I will eat the sides along with the main course.  Though I usually start with a mouth full of fries before my first burger bite.

Duuuuude! That was my thread! “Burgertime” but it was just about what your favorite fast food burger was.

• Like 1