IGNORED

Which do you eat first? Fries, burger or both at the same time?

Brickman

What do you eat first fries, burger or both?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What do you eat first fries, burger or both?

• Fries first
    • Burger first
    • I'm a barbarian and eat both at the same time!

9 hours ago, Link said:

Would you say they stay hot longer than the burger does?

No... 

But you leave fries for the end because you want to eat 100% of the burger. Some cold fries can be sacrificed if necessary.

Maybe they're tasty fries, though, and a shitty burger.... then more focus goes on the fries. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

10 hours ago, SNESNESCUBE64 said:

I always eat the fries first. They never reheat at home well if for some reason there are leftovers, burgers however reheat just fine.

Just wait until you discover an air fryer. 

Those fries will be mad tasty later!!

I mean, I usually spice them up with salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.... 😆

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Had a burger last night.

You do half of the burger first because that's the star attraction.  Do you eat all of your asparagus or baked potato first when eating a steak?  Of course not.  

Then you take the timeout to have some fries.  Do you eat all of them?  Of course not.  Who wants to fill up on 5,000 calories worth of fries when you have a fully loaded burger on your plate?

After that brief timeout you finish the burger.

Then you add whatever burger trimmings are left at the end as fry toppings, and eat until you're full.  Leftover fries are gifted to your children and/or buddy.  They're expendable.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Do you eat all of your asparagus or baked potato first when eating a steak?  Of course not.  

Yes. You save the best for last so you eat the vegetables first.

Which is the same with fries, eat the ok thing first then move onto the star attraction, the burger or steak!

Social Team · Posted

Fries are PRIME when fresh and hot.  Burger may be the main course but I LOVE fries the most so I inhale those first.  And like @SNESNESCUBE64 said, a leftover burger is totally fine to have.  I think it also matters what toppings are on the burger.  I'm a meat and cheese only kinda guy so no worried about the burger sitting around for a little bit longer.  Also VERY easy to reheat as a leftover. 

Now if the place proved WAY too many fries then I will eat like 3/4 of the fries and then move onto the burger.  Once burger is gone I'll decided if want to eat the rest of the fries or just let them get pitch because I don't take fries home for leftovers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FireHazard51 said:

Fries are PRIME when fresh and hot.  Burger may be the main course but I LOVE fries the most so I inhale those first.  And like @SNESNESCUBE64 said, a leftover burger is totally fine to have.  I think it also matters what toppings are on the burger.  I'm a meat and cheese only kinda guy so no worried about the burger sitting around for a little bit longer.  Also VERY easy to reheat as a leftover. 

Now if the place proved WAY too many fries then I will eat like 3/4 of the fries and then move onto the burger.  Once burger is gone I'll decided if want to eat the rest of the fries or just let them get pitch because I don't take fries home for leftovers.

Yep FH 100% agree. This is how it’s done people!

• 1 month later...

In my college days (early 2000s) we had an on-campus (meaning you can use your meal card account or "Diner Account" as it was called at the time) Long John Silvers (and I think a nearby McDonalds was originally the first ever LJS if I recall correctly) and I always liked to eat the crunchies with my fries for flavorie!  I'm probably very much in the minority but I never liked ketchup.  I just like a little salt on my fries!  Well maybe more than a little...

And I only like cheese and bacon on my burger...I CANNOT stand a bunch of goop all over it.

Edited by Estil