IGNORED

Movie Debate #124: The Warriors

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but you're interested.
    • Never seen it, never will.
  2. 2. Next week's poll

My friend who's partly a talent agent got Craig Baxley at a convention.  He's one of the punks, as well as the stunt co-ordinator and did some of the driving scenes.  I helped him for a day and he was a really cool guy.  I was surprised how big this movie was as there were other people there from the movie signing stuff.  Craig also directed some of the 2nd unit stuff on Predator and that got him to direct Action Jackson and Stone Cold.  He was an awesome dude so afterwards I found the movie and really dug it.  Also its 70's NYC, how could I not love it?

Editorials Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

My friend who's partly a talent agent got Craig Baxley at a convention.  He's one of the punks, as well as the stunt co-ordinator and did some of the driving scenes.  I helped him for a day and he was a really cool guy.  I was surprised how big this movie was as there were other people there from the movie signing stuff.  Craig also directed some of the 2nd unit stuff on Predator and that got him to direct Action Jackson and Stone Cold.  He was an awesome dude so afterwards I found the movie and really dug it.  Also its 70's NYC, how could I not love it?

Nice, I totally own Stone Cold.

Gave it a 6/10.

I liked it well enough, but it's the kind of movie which from someone describing it just sounds completely down my alley, full of details and memorable quotes, etc. that's just so colorful in a way only few movies can be.

Actually watching it, however, not that much really happens in it. I don't really mind that the story itself is really small-scale, I think that's perfect for the setting, but it feels like it should have had a bit more going on.

My vote for the next discussion was completely random, as I haven't even heard of any of those before.

Edited by Sumez

I went with a 5. It’s ok but this got such a cult following that hyped it way higher than it deserves. When I finally watched it I wasn’t as into it as I thought I would be. Not a bad movie and worth a watch.

Maybe it’s something you had to watch at the time or be from the US to get the whole vibe of it.

Hopefully Heathers wins for the next pick. 

Walter Hill directed a lot of terrible movies, but this is not one of them. An absolute classic with an awesome aesthetic that mostly carries the movie. You don't watch this for the acting or story, you watch it for the experience; the sum is definitely greater than the parts. Highly recommended.

This is another one of those movies where it doesn't quite live up to the version I had imagined.

Usually because the part that I find most interesting is less substantial than what I had hoped for..

For example, in The Goonies, I am most interested in the part about the kids navigating the underground tunnels and avoiding Indiana Jones style booby trapes, but that only takes up about 15-20 minutes of the movie.

With the Warriors, I really wanted more uniquely themed and costumed gangs... but aside from the Warriors and Baseball Furies... everyone is just wearing standard 70s street kid clothes.

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted
8 hours ago, Sumez said:

I can never get over how the bad guy in this movie is Jerry Horne from Twin Peaks

Xxpga1C.png

I'm pretty sure I've never seen the guy in anything else, too

He's the bad guy in Dreamscape.  That's all that comes to mind off the top of my head.

• Like 1