IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Palamedes

BeaIank

On 5/30/2023 at 10:27 AM, Bearcat-Doug said:

I moved on to playing Renegade, but I beat it on my first try so I might try this again later in the week. Renegade isn't that difficult other than the last boss having a gun that can kill you in one shot which is kind of cheap.

I've moved on to Renegade too. I have some vague nostalgic memories of playing this game at my friend's house. It was one of the early games he had. I was never any good at it, but I figured out a pretty easy strategy to keep your back to a wall and just spam jump kicks.

7 hours ago, G-type said:

I've moved on to Renegade too. I have some vague nostalgic memories of playing this game at my friend's house. It was one of the early games he had. I was never any good at it, but I figured out a pretty easy strategy to keep your back to a wall and just spam jump kicks.

I rented it multiple times as a kid. It was like my go to when the new games were rented out for some reason. It's a fairly easy game outside of the last boss that randomly pulls out a gun that can kill you with one hit. He's kind of like Willy from Double Dragon in that you can keep knocking him down as soon as he gets up, but the timing seems a bit more difficult.

9 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Definitely. Can’t have me beating you with his week😜

I’m working a long streak at my new job this week too.

Maybe I have a better score ?

I honestly doubt that I'll play this again, but if I could finish second and @mbd39 wins, I would have three second place finishes in a row where I got beaten by three different players. That would have to be some kind of record. 

5 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I honestly doubt that I'll play this again, but if I could finish second and @mbd39 wins, I would have three second place finishes in a row where I got beaten by three different players. That would have to be some kind of record. 

I wonder if I should start going for 9 perfects. Even 8 is really hard.

6 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I rented it multiple times as a kid. It was like my go to when the new games were rented out for some reason. It's a fairly easy game outside of the last boss that randomly pulls out a gun that can kill you with one hit. He's kind of like Willy from Double Dragon in that you can keep knocking him down as soon as he gets up, but the timing seems a bit more difficult.

I just beat it. The final boss' gun attack isn't too hard to counter... just stay close and keep preemptively attacking him, his gun draw gets cut off if he takes a hit.

20 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Good score! How many perfect clears did you get?

I had the first seven perfects and then started trying for the 1-6 combos until it got so fast that I was just trying to survive.  I'm busy the rest of the weekend though, so your score is safe from me at least...

6 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Gloves says on the first page of this thread that he can't play this week due to complications regarding his move...

I saw the reserved post saying hopefully he would have his stuff and then completely missed the second one. I may still have a shot at a top 5 spot depending on if @PII or @docile tapeworm post a score. It looks like @PII hasn't logged on since Tuesday afternoon, so I hope everything is okay with him.

Participation score posted.  I just didn’t have the time to get use to the mechanics.  In my mind, A should cycle and B throw.  It’s not hard to build a muscle memory but I didn’t have any time for more than about 3 quick games.

On 6/3/2023 at 1:47 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

I had the first seven perfects and then started trying for the 1-6 combos until it got so fast that I was just trying to survive.  I'm busy the rest of the weekend though, so your score is safe from me at least...

I got an almost identical run in, but I came just short of your score.