IGNORED

Movie Debate #118: The Lost Boys

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but you're interested.
    • Never seen it, never will.

I gave it a 7 - overall it was good and benefited from a great supporting cast.  Jason Patric and Keifer Sutherland just didn't quite seem to gel in their roles - their performances weren't bad but seemed somewhat out of place in the movie.

It also had to face (and try to overcome) the inevitable comparison to Near Dark released in the same year - pretty hard to compete with Henricksen, Paxton and Goldstein's chemistry bouncing up from their appearance in Aliens.

9/10 for me. Loved this movie growing up and it has a great cast. I watched it again with some friends about 3 months ago because they hadn't seen it and it definitely still holds up. Crazy sax guy is as awesome as I remembered.

the lost boys 80s GIF

20 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Never seen it. 

I know you don't watch movies but you should definitely watch this one.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Brickman said:

9/10 for me. Loved this movie growing up and it has a great cast. I watched it again with some friends about 3 months ago because they hadn't seen it and it definitely still holds up. Crazy sax guy is as awesome as I remembered.

the lost boys 80s GIF

I know you don't watch movies but you should definitely watch this one.

It's on the list but I just never get in the mood for... whatever that is.

• Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 1

44 minutes ago, Gloves said:

The only dreamboat Corey I need.

Im Way more Haim than Feldman.  But Anthony Michael Hall is who I really look like. 16 candles era. 

Ive never seen this movie, but I make a point to see anything with one of the “Corey”s in it when possible, queuing it up now!

This is one of those movies I've always heard a lot about and want to see, but that I've never come across anywhere. I've never seen it running on TV back in the days, and I've never seen it on any streaming service. I've not even seen DVDs or BluRays for sale.

So yeah, it's something I want to see, but there's a limit to how out of my way I'm gonna go to do so.

Moderator · Posted
5 hours ago, Tabonga said:

I gave it a 7 - overall it was good and benefited from a great supporting cast.  Jason Patric and Keifer Sutherland just didn't quite seem to gel in their roles - their performances weren't bad but seemed somewhat out of place in the movie.

It also had to face (and try to overcome) the inevitable comparison to Near Dark released in the same year - pretty hard to compete with Henricksen, Paxton and Goldstein's chemistry bouncing up from their appearance in Aliens.

Yep, it’s a good movie but Near Dark is better. 

16 hours ago, Sumez said:

This is one of those movies I've always heard a lot about and want to see, but that I've never come across anywhere. I've never seen it running on TV back in the days, and I've never seen it on any streaming service. I've not even seen DVDs or BluRays for sale.

So yeah, it's something I want to see, but there's a limit to how out of my way I'm gonna go to do so.

4k disc just came out last year and it is streaming on Tubi