IGNORED

What's the Mega Man 3" x 2" sticker that came inside of Street Fighter 2010 for the NES??

Racketnlow

On occasion, CAPCOM would throw MM stickers  in some of their boxes.  I guess they advertised it with this one.  It's been a long time, but I remember there being a debate on NA about whether a CAPCOM game should be considered complete if known copies of any given game had been found with a MM sticker in it.

Anyway, I never got one of those stickers, but IIRC, there were variations.  Like, maybe CAPCOM had 6 different stickers and you got one of the six. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Racketnlow said:

Where can I buy it??

There are none on eBay.

Just keep your eyes peeled on eBay.  You might have to piece one out from another CAPCOM CIB set.  This  isn't the specific sticker you're looking for, but see this finished auction.

I mean, a sticker may show up but the chances are, you're going to have to canabilize another set.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/354597605383?hash=item528faa1007%3Ag%3AKtYAAOSw3h9j8n0L&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4D3i7s%2FosSQZnoRO3qAzdVfEYwCoggs%2FwEOxycVhfBFm4YEG%2FHY59Pmkr8l3vT1tZSryl%2BSd7pAv4jW6176mfo5TrzEem2ylEvOAqPd%2FLl2a%2F8qjYp4XcZF0ii9EaFkh%2F9kViyA5yPQxZLdwXsyDovcGOswaoC9PtutuPZ52%2FdpF9XsxPJPHXf%2FRYMiUsUn0VVEcSBgY0lQbyDWY2kO1Bv7d96C1M5alNN8xTg4hOl8vDBFpD%2FaHsOi6C3AZolhMXi5RPAParbKIoO0SeT0OxU1RF4%2BoEK14UcZRgzJPFCpn|tkp%3ABk9SR9TYyMrtYQ&nma=true&si=f3moY%2Bz9sXrdD8DKKNQU8mDeJV8%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

EDIT

Also, doing an eBay search for "NES Mega man sticker" revealed a few items, even for sale, with stickers included, however, they are all used.  One lot had the sticker you're looking for stuck to a cartridge sleeve, and another had it stuck onto the cover of the manual for Mega Man 2. Even if that's not what you're looking for, there is a small percent of CIB items out there with unused stickers.  You'll find one, if you're patient.

Edited by RH
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Link said:

Good luck. 🤷‍♀️ It's something that was only in some copies of some games. Most people used the stickers if they didn't throw them away along with warranty cards and promo pamphlets. You just have to keep your eye out.

Gee thanks! I'll put an alert on eBay.

At least from your photo I know the design of this sticker. First step accomplished.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Racketnlow said:

Bought SF 2010 a few days ago from A&C Games in Canada an almost CIB copy with the plastic still surrounding the box in places.

The only missing item is the sticker! So close.

How's A&C these days? I've not been there in a while, it's always seemed kinda pointless with their prices being marked up from ebay by like 25% or more. Are you also in TO?

20 minutes ago, RH said:

Also, doing an eBay search for "NES Mega man sticker" revealed a few items, even for sale, with stickers included, however, they are all used.  One lot had the sticker you're looking for stuck to a cartridge sleeve, and another had it stuck onto the cover of the manual for Mega Man 2. Even if that's not what you're looking for, there is a small percent of CIB items out there with unused stickers.  You'll find one, if you're patient.

Just saw it on Google, too! Sticker pasted onto the manual hahaha

4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

How's A&C these days? I've not been there in a while, it's always seemed kinda pointless with their prices being marked up from ebay by like 25% or more. Are you also in TO?

They're doing great! Nice place to hang out. I bought the game on eBay. Not in TO, right now.

I've also bought from them a CIB Silver Surfer on NES with the Arcadia business reply insert.

First heard about the store thru Games Chasers on yt and that epic arm wrestling between Jay and one of the owners of A&C.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Racketnlow said:

They're doing great! Nice place to hang out. I bought the game on eBay. Not in TO, right now.

I've also bought from them a CIB Silver Surfer on NES with the Arcadia business reply insert.

First heard about the store thru Games Chasers on yt and that epic arm wrestling between Jay and one of the owners of A&C.

Yeah I used to go there every so often to play MTG. Good luck on your sticker hunt! I checked my Capcom games and sadly (and as expected) - no stickers here.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Racketnlow said:

Thanks for checking, anyway!

Here's a sweet copy of rescue rangers (that's probably worth half the asking price) that has a different one. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325542390080?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=WJHEj3zITsa&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=VQ47At4ySIG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

2 hours ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

Here's a sweet copy of rescue rangers (that's probably worth half the asking price) that has a different one. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325542390080?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=WJHEj3zITsa&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=VQ47At4ySIG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I forgot about that one! 

Now you gotta find 2 stickers, OP 😂 

23 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Buy a sealed copy and open it 😉

Even when advertised on the front of the box, some copies did not actually include a sticker. I know this from personal experience. So if you're going to spend big on a sealed copy, just beware that you may end up disappointed. If the sticker is not included, a $10 Mega Man promo card should be there instead. A nice consolation prize in 1990, but not so much now.

There are two different stickers and, as far as we know, which sticker they included with which game was completely random.

Games with advertisements for the sticker are Little Nemo, Street Fighter 2010, and Destiny of an Emperor. As you may have noticed, it seems like stickers may have also been placed into games with the $10 Mega Man advertisement on occasion. This would explain why you see them included with listings for other games such as Chip N' Dale. Whether this was a factory mix-up or they simply ran out of the different promos, I have no clue. I don't know off the top of my head which games advertised the $10 promo, but I'd expand your search to include all those as well. With patience, you can get one of these stickers at a reasonable price.

Good luck!

PXL_20230411_182949302.jpg.1552fe4a8d32e452d87890cef4ce22d8.jpg

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

I used to have both of those stickers, and I never applied them to anything, but with a half dozen moves over the years and hard times, stuff went sold or missing.  That classic manual art was fun.  I know mine came in a mega man box for at least one of the two.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 2:21 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Even when advertised on the front of the box, some copies did not actually include a sticker. I know this from personal experience. So if you're going to spend big on a sealed copy, just beware that you may end up disappointed. If the sticker is not included, a $10 Mega Man promo card should be there instead. A nice consolation prize in 1990, but not so much now.

There are two different stickers and, as far as we know, which sticker they included with which game was completely random.

Games with advertisements for the sticker are Little Nemo, Street Fighter 2010, and Destiny of an Emperor. As you may have noticed, it seems like stickers may have also been placed into games with the $10 Mega Man advertisement on occasion. This would explain why you see them included with listings for other games such as Chip N' Dale. Whether this was a factory mix-up or they simply ran out of the different promos, I have no clue. I don't know off the top of my head which games advertised the $10 promo, but I'd expand your search to include all those as well. With patience, you can get one of these stickers at a reasonable price.

Good luck!

PXL_20230411_182949302.jpg.1552fe4a8d32e452d87890cef4ce22d8.jpg

This is why I love this community.

Awesome information, thanks for sharing. 🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1