IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Millipede!

BeaIank

10 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Never been a big fan of this game 😁

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but  it's got Spiders and Ladybugs and Mayflies and Mosquitoes and Dragonflies and Inchworms and Earwigs and.. and...

...INCHWORMS!

But seriously, it's a hell of a shooter; you should give it a try.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, PII said:

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but  it's got Spiders and Ladybugs and Mayflies and Mosquitoes and Dragonflies and Inchworms and Earwigs and.. and...

...INCHWORMS!

But seriously, it's a hell of a shooter; you should give it a try.

Tell me how to get the highest score and I’ll play it.

• Haha 4

Administrator · Posted

One strat I think has merit, though I'm not good at it (too impatient) is to never shoot the millipede. The very first millipede is a single unit, and will never spawn single units if left alone. If you can just leave the first millipede entirely in tact and keep dodging it (not that hard honestly), you can rack points from spiders. You'd be on level 1 forever so nothing ever gets any faster, it's a slow patience game. 

My scores thus far are from just straight up playing normally and not dying for as long as I can. 

4 hours ago, Gloves said:

One strat I think has merit, though I'm not good at it (too impatient) is to never shoot the millipede. The very first millipede is a single unit, and will never spawn single units if left alone. If you can just leave the first millipede entirely in tact and keep dodging it (not that hard honestly), you can rack points from spiders. You'd be on level 1 forever so nothing ever gets any faster, it's a slow patience game. 

My scores thus far are from just straight up playing normally and not dying for as long as I can. 

@BeaIank would we consider that points pressing?

Anyhow, I wasn’t aware of that.  Slowly I’m building a different strategy. I’m no where near half you guys score but if you can build paths to specific DDTs for a couple stages, you can triple your segment scores but also use the DDT to take how the whole centipede. It’s not a ton of points but it helps.

But yeah, you can get 2,400 for an entire centipede with a DDT or go for two spiders at 1,200.  Go figure? The scoring in this game is wack.  Still fun, though.

This is why I just go for participation, I play the games for fun and I know I’m not gonna be top 6 or whatever. Honestly, the weekly contest just gets me to actually play my NES games which I’m grateful for. These people be sitting up at 2am slamming mountain dews on their princess TVs trying to come up with new ways to outsmart Millipede lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

This is why I just go for participation, I play the games for fun and I know I’m not gonna be top 6 or whatever. Honestly, the weekly contest just gets me to actually play my NES games which I’m grateful for. These people be sitting up at 2am slamming mountain dews on their princess TVs trying to come up with new ways to outsmart Millipede lol

Yeah, I have room for improvement but I can tell these scores are way higher than I'll be able to breach to get beyond that 1pt participation threshold.  I still can't stop trying though.  I'm going to try and hold back my best score for a while.  Again, it won't matter, but that can be fun sometimes.

Administrator · Posted
2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

I used to use the contest as an excuse to add new games to my collection, but these days people want like $200+ for a decent condition CIB Millipede, so

Always Sunny No GIF

4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I used to use the contest as an excuse to add new games to my collection, but these days people want like $200+ for a decent condition CIB Millipede, so

Always Sunny No GIF

Join us in the loose collecting community, the labels be messed up and the carts have sharpie on them but we are swimming in extra money!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Poser

• Haha 1