IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Millipede!

BeaIank

9 hours ago, BlackVega said:

Wow 696969420 top score elementary school level of humor at its finest

I was wondering why my score was formatting so weird, then I realized our site admin likes the use of html/css tooltips. Case in point: 69,999 PM VGS PAL It also only shows up after you post so I had no idea of these shenanigans... haha.

Anyway, I really thought folks were going to get 200K+ in this one.  I didn't get much playtime either, but was a fun challenge and nice to revisit a classic arcade game.  

Edited by nesmaster14

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, nesmaster14 said:

I was wondering why my score was formatting so weird, then I realized our site admin likes the use of html/css tooltips. Case in point: 69,999 PM VGS PAL It also only shows up after you post so I had no idea of these shenanigans... haha.

We like to have fun here. 😛

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Why did they make the playfield so small in this version? Aspect ratio reasons? To reduce slowdown/flicker from too much being on the screen? Still a fun port, but it's kind of weird.

I had never played any milipede games, but I still wondered the same thing. It feels like playing a gameboy game on the super gameboy. There are large portions of the screen that are useless background, permanently 

• The topic was unpinned
Events Team · Posted
6 hours ago, BeaIank said:

Final standings posted. Sorry it took so long to post it. Life caught up with me real fast. I will need surgery on my hand soon. Hopefully it will be during a break week or I will have to ask @guillavoieto handle the thread for the week I will be out.

For sure Bea, gotta take care of those Street Fighter Champion wrists of yours!