IGNORED

Double Down Throwdown 2023 -- Sign Ups Open!

darkchylde28

We never did pick a date but a few have been posted already. It's my day off, so I got high and watched a movie, then got the thing. It's a little chilly, I considered being lazy and getting delivery instead of riding my bike. But, unlikely as it is, I didn't want to take a risk with delivery having cooled down too much. 

When I got up to the counter the girl at the front of the kitchen told me "hold on." I wouldn't care anyway, but I saw she was clearly multitasking, and doing it well, taking lobby orders, and assembly for both sides and managing the line. I've done that shit, I was good at it. She was good at it. 

After another few minutes, another worker took my order. After that I didn't have to wait long for food in hand, about five minutes. 

I didn't see it on the menu or any signs when I walked in, so I worried this location wasn't with the program, but then I saw the sign in the hall. 975CEB18-3B29-4819-8B17-4E5BA5146689.thumb.jpeg.4ee7fadaba4082f12105ca170e456ce7.jpeg

$12. I asked at the counter and the sandwich only was $9. Fuck it. I got the combo. $13.28.

Fuck. I got the combo. I don't know why I always give them a chance, but I never like fries. The seasoning was good, but I have the same complaint I have almost everywhere, they are too soft. I like them crispy.

mmm, processed american cheese. Solid on the corners where it sticks out, supermelted inside from heat from both sides of chicken. 

The chicken is a little too thick for me, which makes it almost too dry. I would like less chicken and more bacon. Fast food bacon doesn't have any texture and I want the flavor to come through more than it does. Overall, it was good. Too expensive though. I would rather have a regular and cheaper sandwich. Credit where it's due, it was the only thing I ate all day. 

45973B30-A577-4755-A97E-67B4BC307B36.jpeg

B9B8E187-1F37-419A-9485-8D94A98A9AF6.jpeg

• Like 4

Events Team · Posted

Fuck yeah, got mine today.  I had a late lunch and was pretty hungry and still didn't quite eat the whole thing.  A corner of one breast leftover but just couldn't manage it.  Fries were meh and I didn't need em anyway. 

I got the spicy Double D.  It was hot out the fryer and delicious as fuck. 🔥🔥 👇 👇

IyJOBaa.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

I got to try this.  The problem is KFC is one town over from me in any direction on the compass and if I’m out with the kids, I’ll have to pick something up for them and an $11 sandwich is expeeeensive.

Edited by RH
  • Agree 1

Good sweet lord. These sandwiches are pure insanity, I can't imagine regularly eating one. 

I like the idea of this much more than I would actually like eating in in real life. When I'm dying, and my days are finite and eating fast food won't change that, I'll probably have a McChicken or a KFC sandwich... but until then, no thank you. 

I would need it made from far different ingredients, as I am vegetarian, but I can appreciate the taste profile. And I appreciate your dedication to the sandwich. 

The KFC special blend is undeniably good and bacon and cheese are tasty.... so if you don't give a shit about your insides or the world I bet this sandwich is great!

I could see making a version of this for myself and it would be delightful.... 

Edited by AirVillain
  • Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

After having been on a "diet" for almost a month now, I plan on having a "cheat" day whilst still staying under my caloric intake today.  I will post thoughts afterwards, thinking about spicy for a bit, but now i wanna try it in it's "pure" form so i will go original.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

First impression, OMG, where have you been all my life.....  Cheesey paper for the win.  After eating half.....Not bad, but I think I would prefer a chicken sandwich.  The flavor was good, it was just messy/greasy.  I get that is kinda the thing, the grease part.  

Don't get me wrong, it was still very good, I just think it's a novelty I probably won't try again.  Same as link, the chicken was a bit too thick and was a bit awkward to get my mouth around.  It wasn't dry, it was just too much.  I am very satisfied hunger-wise though, I mean with like 53 grams of protein I think I probably should be.

Back to the no fast food till i meet my target weight, except for possible cheat days.  Any recommendations for cheat days please feel free to ping me 😆, just make sure it isn't an LTO kuz I may not have time to do so, I want to limit my cheat days to once a month.  If this was gonna be around longer, I think I WOULD try the spicy version out of curiosity though.  Looks like it might just be the sauce that they use on the spicy chicken sandwiches though, which i am a fan of.

**edit**  Now to chug another half gallon of water to flush all the sodium out of my system 😆

Edited by Jeevan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/22/2023 at 7:12 PM, Jeevan said:

If this was gonna be around longer, I think I WOULD try the spicy version out of curiosity though.  Looks like it might just be the sauce that they use on the spicy chicken sandwiches though, which i am a fan of.

I would recommend against the spicy one, as you are correct, it's simply some vaguely spicy sauce that doesn't taste like much instead of any sort of marinated fillet (which both Wendy's and Bojangles actually offer, and are great).  My brother bought me one when picking up his own, so I tried the spicy version and forgot to come and post about it due to how disappointing it was.  The overall tactile and fullness experiences are still there with the spicy one, but the sauce they add either covers up or mitigates almost all of the other flavors going on, giving the chicken very little flavor and none at all for the cheese.  The fries were still good with it, but it doesn't compare to the regular version, even if you are a fan of spicy sandwiches (and even the ones where they just slap a spicy sauce on the regular version).

29 minutes ago, Link said:

Kids just keep getting weirder and weirder.

Honestly, with the suit, I was kind of surprised when he just kind of dug in and then kept eating versus beginning to break it down.  I was most surprised that he didn't put it on a fine china plate and then cut it up and eat it with a knife and fork!  🤣

• Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
31 minutes ago, Link said:

Kids just keep getting weirder and weirder.

Just now, darkchylde28 said:

Honestly, with the suit, I was kind of surprised when he just kind of dug in and then kept eating versus beginning to break it down.  I was most surprised that he didn't put it on a fine china plate and then cut it up and eat it with a knife and fork!  🤣

Have you all never seen review brah?

3 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Have you all never seen review brah?

Nope.  I typically avoid review channels and usually only see reviews of stuff when I'm specifically looking for opinions on a certain product, or a YouTuber I really respect and follow wants to review something (and there's only a couple of those, the rest I'll pick and choose what I watch reviews on based on whether it's something I care about or not).

Editorials Team · Posted

I'm in the club, I went and got a Double Down. I don't think I've ever had fries from KFC before, I really liked them. I felt like the Double Down didn't add up to more than the sum of its parts. It felt like eating a ton of fried chicken with also some bacon. Shrug. No ragert.

Related, KFC's April Fools joke:

FsoyJQsWcAAZpt3?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Splain said:

I'm in the club, I went and got a Double Down. I don't think I've ever had fries from KFC before, I really liked them. I felt like the Double Down didn't add up to more than the sum of its parts. It felt like eating a ton of fried chicken with also some bacon. Shrug. No ragert.

OMG I wish I could have Kentucky Fried Chicken (it's too expensive and the only restaurant is too far away 😞 )...seriously it's better than s...e...x...

Events Helper · Posted
46 minutes ago, Splain said:

idk why everyone doesn't love the fries, they are amazing!!!!!!!