IGNORED

Movie Debate #107: The Boondocks Saints

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but you're interested.
    • Never seen it, never will.

1 hour ago, DorkOverlord said:

Entertaining, but I think it's way overhyped. 

This. It's got clever moments, but it was really riding on a trend when it came out. I suppose if you're into those movies you might hold it in higher regard.

Overnight, the documentary that was supposed to be about the making of the movie, but instead became about how the director was handed everything and how he fucked it all up, is a fun watch. I mean, if you're never made a movie before and suddenly you're given six figures for the script, the director's chair, a $15 million dollar budget, your band gets to do the soundtrack, and you get ownership of the bar where you formerly schlepped drinks for minimum wage, maybe you shouldn't be a complete asshole. 😛

Edited by Tulpa

54 minutes ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Every douchey guy in college had this poster hanging on his wall

Yeah, I'm not one to call people by that term but the general population that would fall into that category behaved this way.  The more jock-like, frat boyish types loved this movie at my school, but I don't really remember hearing them talk about the plot and I couldn't tell you what it's even about.  All I know is it was a "you gotta see this" type of movie.

But I never did and at this point I don't care too.  If I have some down time this coming week during work, I might put it on to see what the hype was about just because of this post, but I don't see this being a must-see otherwise.

On 1/7/2023 at 4:14 PM, Daniel_Doyce said:

Every douchey guy in college had this poster hanging on his wall

That's libel and I won't stand for it!

When I was young and dumb I used to think this movie was a 9/10 classic. I haven't watched it in 15 years, but I'm guessing it's more of a 6/10 for 2023 me. I think the chances of me ever watching it again are slim to none, but if I ever do, I'll come back and update my score.