IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2023 - 600/677 (bonus games - 75/100)

scaryice

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 335/667 (bonus games - 23/100)
2 hours ago, Splain said:

Battleship. Fun to play but slightly too long, given how predictable the CPU gets. Searching for those 1x1 submarines suuuuucked.

Yeah, it's a lot of effort to see the ending screen on that one, and subs do seriously suck (especially in the middle stages where you don't have as many special shots to clear the screen quickly).

Also: Sesame Street 123 and ABC are done.

• Like 1

Started working on Ultima Exodus. Shouldn’t take as long as Final Fantasy did. I’ve beat Exodus multiple times in the past, so this time I’m rolling with a slightly sub-optimal party to see how things go; Human Ranger, two Fuzzy Larks, and a Bobit Cleric (can’t skimp out on the healing). 

Edited by Jandrem

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 345/667 (bonus games - 23/100)

Speaking of Karnov, did you all know, there are only 4 games which have been beaten by a different person every year since this competition started (2012-22)? Karnov is one of those four, along with Bubble Bobble, TMNT Tournament Fighters, and Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego.

Already, BlackVega beat TMNT:TF this year for a second time, so that's off the board, leaving three. mbd39's Karnov completion will ensure that at least one game will continue that streak into 2024.

There were another 30 games at the conclusion of 2022 that have not had a repeat clearer, but also have not been beaten in every year.

Edited by scaryice
  • Like 2

@mbd39I don't think it's all that difficult. You even get passwords after every class that you finish. However, it can get a little bit tedious since you have to race the same 9 tracks 3 times (once for every class) and if you fail once you have to input the password and do start the class over again. But you don't even have to get first place all the time. It certainly makes things easier though to start the game with several victories.

38 minutes ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

@mbd39I don't think it's all that difficult. You even get passwords after every class that you finish. However, it can get a little bit tedious since you have to race the same 9 tracks 3 times (once for every class) and if you fail once you have to input the password and do start the class over again. But you don't even have to get first place all the time. It certainly makes things easier though to start the game with several victories.

I remember seeing video of that game and thinking it looked really cool. Took some time to track down a decent copy. Finally got it in the mail, popped it in all excited, and something about it made me go, "oh this is a real piece of shit." Maybe it was broken feeling controls? Something like that