IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2023 - 600/677 (bonus games - 75/100)

scaryice

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 293/667 (bonus games - 19/100)
  • The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 301/667 (bonus games - 21/100)

Just beat Ghostbusters. This one is still extremely difficult for me. During my first run in full gear I died on the 18th floor. Talk about frustrating. On the second run I got pretty lucky on the staircases until I was nearing the end, when the ghosts just wouldn't move out of the way and instead got me in a pincer attack. Luckily, I had the ghost armor and enough HP to break through. The fight against Gozer was also a pretty close call. Boy, this game gives me hand cramps and makes me break out in a sweat. You could say it gives me NES fever,

Ghostbusters.jpg

Edited by Gaia Gensouki
  • Like 1

Deadly towers done again. I think I've done it every year for the past 3 or 4 years. As always it's alright; certainly not as bad as it's reputation, I typically enjoy it every time. Without a guide it can be rough, I always check maps but at this point I'm pretty comfortable with the layout of the main areas of the game, though I haven't memorized where all the secrets are

20230122_193924.jpg

Just now, Khromak said:

Deadly towers done again. I think I've done it every year for the past 3 or 4 years. As always it's alright; certainly not as bad as it's reputation, I typically enjoy it every time. Without a guide it can be rough, I always check maps but at this point I'm pretty comfortable with the layout of the main areas of the game, though I haven't memorized where all the secrets are

I think that game gets unfairly maligned because of AVGN fans.

7 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

I think that game gets unfairly maligned because of AVGN fans.

Nah, my friends and I were maligning it regularly when it was new and one of them was foolish enough to buy it, lol!  Not to the degree that AVGN did, but we basically couldn't stand it starting from when we were 8.