IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

Events Helper · Posted
36 minutes ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

DK 64 is done. Watched all the weird Dolphin ending credits, as the Gamecube was supposed to be named, but didn't snap a pic. I can grab one of the 101% if that suits you all, but it's done.

encouraged, but not needed 😉  Thanks for helping out 🙂  I thought you already did it lol.

Events Helper · Posted

Beat zerg brood war mission 6!!!!  another 75mins. vested into the game 😆.  Hopefully done in the next 2 weeks, imma try to knock out the next 2 missions tomorrow and then i will have 2 more left.  Prolly save that for next week as i have DND and work on the weekend 😒.  Hopefully next week i will be able to put this game to rest!

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

Not gonna lie, i have played the mission number 8 for zerg brood wars like 2 times now and failed, im about over starcraft and bout to say fuck this.......

Someone talk me off the ledge and give me some pointers, i have tried 2 diff. strats and nothing has worked.......

I hate starcraft and will never touch it again, who wants a copy of starcraft 64?  

Send me some money and your deets and i believe i am ready to ship it off.

• Sad 1

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

Perhaps a couple week break would do you some good...maybe play some of them mario games for a while...

probably a wise choice.  I have just been beaten down its not funny........maybe i should do some wcw games and some no brainer games?  

21 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Not gonna lie, i have played the mission number 8 for zerg brood wars like 2 times now and failed, im about over starcraft and bout to say fuck this.......

Someone talk me off the ledge and give me some pointers, i have tried 2 diff. strats and nothing has worked.......

I hate starcraft and will never touch it again, who wants a copy of starcraft 64?  

Send me some money and your deets and i believe i am ready to ship it off.

I don’t have any tips because I never got as far as you did in the game. But I can relate to the pain.

In these situations it really is a good idea to take a break for a week or so and re try. You are probably pretty fatigued from the game by this point.

• Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
4 minutes ago, Brickman said:

I don’t have any tips because I never got as far as you did in the game. But I can relate to the pain.

In these situations it really is a good idea to take a break for a week or so and re try. You are probably pretty fatigued from the game by this point.

its just so brutal, every mission has been an hour plus except the inside missions.......the sad part is, the next mission has a 30 min. time limit.  I am so used to turtling to get built up, but that aint gonna happen on mission number 9

Administrator · Posted

Yeah it really shouldn't be taking that long per round tbh. Turtling isn't the only approach; I'd check speedruns for Starcraft and compare your playstyle to theirs. Often there might be some trick to a given mission which makes it take significantly less time. 

Events Helper · Posted
58 minutes ago, Splain said:

Is there a longplay of Starcraft on YT or something? Maybe check out how someone else did it?

yes

37 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Yeah it really shouldn't be taking that long per round tbh. Turtling isn't the only approach; I'd check speedruns for Starcraft and compare your playstyle to theirs. Often there might be some trick to a given mission which makes it take significantly less time. 

Note that the mission I am stuck on is video 118 - 123, approx. 30 mins. apiece.......roughly 3 hours.......I will look up a speedrun if it exists though i doubt it does.

Events Helper · Posted

https://www.speedrun.com/sc64?h=SC1_Terran_Campaign&x=w201nyzk

Lol, 1 runner, and it is for terran campaign og starcraft 64

Not every mission is a turtle up mission really, but brood war ramps it up, its obviously hard mode starcraft.  Not to mention, its terran and zerg(PC) vs zerg(Me).  Its just rough, imma take a break from it and come back with a fresh mind.  I have had to save scum a lot on this playthrough.......

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 146/303
Editorials Team · Posted

Winbackimage.png.27d4b0bda5ab8170116dde2925e173df.png

Yeah, I dunno man...

I remember when this was coming out.  I was actually pretty hyped for it based on the screenshots and writeup in EGM.  The N64's answer to Metal Gear?  Count me in.

Never did get a chance to buy it though.  I was at the mercy of what I could find for cheap.

Decades later, it definitely feels dated in many, many ways.

The story is garbage and pretty lo-fi.  More Syphon Filter than Metal Gear.

The controls are clunky as hell too.  Good luck aiming, or adapting quickly.

Levels are repetitive, often covering the same ground over and over.

And you're basically doing the same firefight hundreds of times over and over.

It wasn't terrible.  Maybe a 5/10.  But I'm playing lots of great games this year so it sticks out like a sore thumb in that regard.

• Like 6

Events Helper · Posted

Starting tomorrow after work, imma lick my wounds and start knocking out a few games.  I am gonna revisit starcraft in a few 3 or 4 weeks, i am sure i can do it with a fresh mind.  Lets get this thing over the halfway point and closer to the 75% mark before the end of february guys!!!!!!!

• Like 5