IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

Hey guys, finally back with another clear: Tarzan. Decent 2.5D platformer that was mind numbingly easy up until the last 2 levels. The final boss has a very rigid pattern to learn, had to farm a few lives to get a good handle on it. This cheap ending screen also made me laugh. They couldn't even put a picture of a gorilla on there or something?

BTW, I've got to throw in the towel on Penny Racers. That one felt like throwing myself at a brick wall after awhile.

20230216_023410.jpg

• Like 8

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, 8bitsandpieces said:

Hey guys, finally back with another clear: Tarzan. Decent 2.5D platformer that was mind numbingly easy up until the last 2 levels. The final boss has a very rigid pattern to learn, had to farm a few lives to get a good handle on it. This cheap ending screen also made me laugh. They couldn't even put a picture of a gorilla on there or something?

BTW, I've got to throw in the towel on Penny Racers. That one felt like throwing myself at a brick wall after awhile.

20230216_023410.jpg

last boss pattern is a pain lol.  

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 153/303
Events Helper · Posted
10 minutes ago, KokiriChild said:

I am about half way through A Bug's Life. This game has the potential to be fun, but the physics/geometry and the stupidly fast enemy respawn rate prevent it from being good.

Gonna have to play that again to remember it for the rankings, been a bit since i played it.

Also, good to see you knocking out some games, this can be our year for sure!!!!

• Like 1

Have one circuit left in Stunt Racer, but I need to grind another 20-30 races to be able to buy the car to be competitive. I have unfairly dumped all over this game for years, but it has been enjoyable. upgrade & buy cars, themed courses with good atmospheres, only a few shortcuts and you don't have to know them to win. I don't think it is, but I could make an argument that it is the best racer on the console.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
15 hours ago, Nugfish said:

2 wrasslers down, way too many to go...

If anybody is good at wwf games they can take the lead, i got a stategy guide for one, have to figure out which one, but i can't for the life of me do it, i will have to go back in the thread and read how i think leatherrebel told us to do it.

• Like 1

My phone is being stubborn and won't load vgs so no picture for now but I beat Banjo Tooie.

It was a bit disappointing.

Took me 43 hours 50 minutes to beat the game and get all 90 Jiggies. This is like twice as long as it took me for Banjo Kazooie's 100 jiggies and is even a bit longer than my 38:08 198/201 Golden Banana playthrough of Donkey Kong 64.

A lot of that is because the way this game works can extend the playtime a lot if you don't know what you're doing. Replaying and/or extensively using a guide (I only resorted to those if I seemed truly stuck on how to get something) would cut that down hugely; pretty sure if I were to play this again (not happening) I could get under 30 hours easily. Less still if I was only aiming to get to the end but you need 70 jiggies for that anyways and at that point it'd be silly not to just get the rest.

0D0CB3C7-E7CA-4B11-B51B-4C3EEF87D45D.jpeg

Edited by MagusSmurf
  • Like 7

Some updates: I'm on the last cup of S.C.A.R.S. at the minute - it's giving me a little trouble, but I should still have it wrapped up in no time. Also about 4-5 hours into Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, so I'd like to soft claim that one if that's OK. This is my first time playing it, and I'm having a great time with it. 😄

• Like 4