IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

Editorials Team · Posted
On 11/14/2023 at 9:02 AM, Gaia Gensouki said:

I'm currently working on Micro Machines 64 and have finished the first three difficulty levels of Time Trial Challenge so far, but there are three more left. So it's going to be quite the grind to beat the remaining levels. Btw. does anybody know what the cars that you earn and the respective car levels do? Do they actually upgrade your vehicle or is it just for collecting purposes?

I used to play this game a bunch as a kid, and I never noticed any differences in speed with any of the cars. But I don't know why there are different "levels" of the same car, so maybe there's something to it.

36 minutes ago, McBryce said:

Steady progress on Conker lately. I just got to the war chapter, so I think I’m pretty close.

I will be glad to wrap this one up.

Yeah just one more chapter after that one. The war chapter is pretty fun although the bear section at the end was a PITA. In the end I just ended up memorising where all the bears would spawn and ran through the whole section.

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 272/303
Events Helper · Posted

As I told @ikk on stream today, I finished the dreaded super hard level last night on starcraft before crashing at like 1am.......

I am gonna try to finish it up today!  We shall see, the next 2 levels seem easier/straight forward, so i am gonna hit it hard after dinner and hopefully complete it tonight!

• Like 2

Micro Machines 64 Turbo is done! Finally! This took me several days and I now understand why people aren't so gung-ho about beating this game. The cars drive way too fast for their own good and the camera extremely obnoxious. It's almost always too close to your car or even goes in front of it or uses other perspectives that don't give you a good view of the road. They also constantly use the camera perspective and obstacles to troll you! Over and over again! And then you only have 3 lives to make it through 4 or 5 races with extremely tight times to beat! This game is not without its merits, but the constant frustration keeps it from being something that I would like to revisit in the future.

MicroMachines64.jpg.531324d85e7d48a509f79b831cd4e51d.jpg

MicroMachines64Credits.jpg.fa0f396f01d5fa299c5875a9ada7db20.jpg

I think I might try Penny Racers next, unless someone is already working on it.

• Like 6

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 277/303
Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Small update. Penny Racers wasn't my cup of tea so I tried out Hydro Thunder instead. After much trial and error I have finished the hard tracks. Now I have the four bonus tracks left. I hope that I can do this.

I'm not 100% firm on the bonus tracks being necessary, I don't think there's credits if you complete them. I'll try and research it

Events Helper · Posted
43 minutes ago, Splain said:

I'm not 100% firm on the bonus tracks being necessary, I don't think there's credits if you complete them. I'll try and research it

That is what the thingy says @Splain, so prolly what they are going off of......

Hydro Thunder 4.5 Place 1st in all the Bonus tracks to unlock all the bonus boats