IGNORED

What is your greatest gaming achievement?

Makar

I just finished up a years long quest of trial and many errors tonight by winning all 3 cups on Mario Strikers Charged on Extreme difficulty with zero losses. I have beaten all 3 cups on this difficulty many times but have always had a couple losses. It was very difficult to do but I ended up going 37-0-0 tonight. It is definitely my greatest gaming achievement. 

My other one may be coming in the top 1 or so percentile on one of the Tetris 99 events where I won $15 in eshop credit. 

I am curious to hear what your greatest achievements are. Did you do a no death or no hit run? Did you do a speed run? Did you get a crazy high score or break the scoring system? Did you beat a game on a crazy difficulty? Win a tournament? 

9D4B7428-F0E4-40A0-A934-F7ED794B257C.jpeg.881e34d21e3cda13921c038c60d874d0.jpeg

79EA98BC-0503-4BF6-AD82-A8B2D8469627.jpeg.9b269e74ed018349d81e48d2b64493b4.jpeg

299B73DB-56A0-4765-BAF5-8ABCAFDFE841.jpeg.035476e52d2fcf2e31945d6555cde29f.jpeg

9D5FC0EB-5C8D-43DD-B1B6-0371939B4D2B.jpeg.635f9bddbf6a7fdc426eac8e8d81515a.jpeg

5D010601-4C27-48B0-A23A-9D2B3F63A4BC.jpeg.2aa254633b43c687212ee4974ff6b316.jpeg

39F20A88-728E-40BF-8902-8F9E3EA67C6E.jpeg.b8300e98d1e93f9a2b691961d9f0fff0.jpeg

DBD6C029-71C7-46AD-AA49-11CF7B6F5051.jpeg.ee4fbd99ded3320bd3ffcd8f669ed805.jpeg

• Like 2

Here are a few that come to mind: 

Battletoads Turbo Tunnel (2016 video):

Wario Land all bosses defeated as Tiny Wario:

Wendy: Every Witch Way Advance World (No damage):

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Wins:

image.jpeg.7e79f31a1a6c56b11a83f5e64796d5aa.jpeg

image.jpeg.0ebe40382b966c9a0828fb284cad2a4d.jpeg

image.jpeg.dffc2184af5890ba610567805486356b.jpeg

image.jpeg.4be28f39ccf816ad82c4b6c9903863c2.jpeg

image.jpeg.4597b7325615aaffb5cb8ed01a5a33b2.jpeg

image.jpeg.6c7a5e7beae85e10d79be1c29c47b021.jpeg

image.jpeg.469722f989ccb659c2a5d7d3bde006ba.jpeg

image.jpeg.cd8ed314e495b3fc91bd23d515b94f74.jpeg

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 Mega Man 7 Stage 1 Remix in 2:10:28: 

Super Kirby Clash: 

image.jpeg.85cf37ac03311356c234723461e70739.jpeg

image.jpeg.e2ae2d9d48d4c55da9f480774d4a7000.jpeg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament Win: 

image.jpeg.790165f43efccf62fec46fb8bfdb4c26.jpeg

Switch Friend Requests: 

image.jpeg.b32748522b8cd362bf08398da8f1bdda.jpeg

Super Mario Bros. 35: 

image.jpeg.5bdc70be5325ba9a5f121cd48dd74894.jpeg

Edit: I knew I'd be ignored. That's OK; I don't mind that some people are jealous.

Edited by MegaMan52

Twin Galaxies "World Record"....?  🤷‍♂️

Skate or Die 2: Ramp Mode - 220,241 points

Was difficult to string together so many McTwists & Flips on the middle ramp, so this run stands up pretty high for me. 

https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/skate-or-die-iithe-search-for-double-trouble/nintendo-entertainment-system/ntsc-points-ramp-mode/

• Like 1

This thread had me thinking. A lot. Too much. 

A few accomplishments that are game related, but not from actually playing. I made a thread about that as well. 

Gonna come back to this, but the ones I can think of are:

• Getting every achievement in the mega drive collection (DRMBM can fuck right off) 
  • Was in the top 10 of the xbox 360 version of the mini game all you can quaff from castle crashers 
  • Getting the hadoken in MMX, with the ONLY clue being my friends brother hearing it exists. And that could have been bollocks too 
  • Getting the original 151 pokemon in blue, legit. 

Out of all those, what do you think is the most impressive? Hopefully I think of something that tops them. 

12 minutes ago, DarkTone said:

This thread had me thinking. A lot. Too much. 

A few accomplishments that are game related, but not from actually playing. I made a thread about that as well. 

Gonna come back to this, but the ones I can think of are:

• Getting every achievement in the mega drive collection (DRMBM can fuck right off) 
  • Was in the top 10 of the xbox 360 version of the mini game all you can quaff from castle crashers 
  • Getting the hadoken in MMX, with the ONLY clue being my friends brother hearing it exists. And that could have been bollocks too 
  • Getting the original 151 pokemon in blue, legit. 

Out of all those, what do you think is the most impressive? Hopefully I think of something that tops them. 

I gotta say the Pokémon one really impresses me. I’ve never met anyone who got mew legitimately back in the day. That event was incredibly limited and without the internet to get event pokemon back then, that’s a truly impressive feat. If I knew more about the other 3 games I might vote for one of them but Pokémon gets my vote. 

10 hours ago, Makar said:

I gotta say the Pokémon one really impresses me. I’ve never met anyone who got mew legitimately back in the day. That event was incredibly limited and without the internet to get event pokemon back then, that’s a truly impressive feat. If I knew more about the other 3 games I might vote for one of them but Pokémon gets my vote. 

Thanks. It was from a toys r us event in the UK. 8 person battle tournament. Winner got a mew. Enter as many times as you want, but you can only win the mew once. 

My friend and I just told them we won, and got a mew each. Never entered the tournament! 

Screenshot_20221015-101743_Photobucket.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted

I don't know.  I usually prefer moving on to new games rather than squeezing every drop of blood from one title.  I guess a few exceptions:

100% on Goldeneye, Final Fantasy Tactics, Symphony of the Night, Jet Force Gemini, and many others, as a kid, before we had easily available guides online.

Rank 10 in WoW PVP.  My guild was raiding at this point, so I pretty much did this solo.  It took me a long time, with many hours per day, for days on end, and you couldn't miss a day, and I had to finish near the top of the leaderboard basically every time.

Myth I & II - Beat on Legendary with no mid-mission saves.

Top 10 on the Myth II leaderboard for a brief time.  The top 8 users worldwide had special unique icons.  I got a screen cap for the brief moment where I captured one.

Beating hard shit.  Looking at the top 50 hardest games on gamefaqs, I've actually done a significant number of them.  I will be doing a post soon diving into it.

Not sure how these rank in achievements but doing some of these felt epic at the time.

- Beating Alex Kidd in Miracle World. Think I was about 8 when I did this and I couldn’t tell you how many hours I spent learning that game.

- 100% DKC 1 & 2. I think it actually says 101% from memory.

- 100% a lot of N64 games without guides because I couldn’t afford them. Goldeneye, Pilotwings, Blastcorps, perfect dark, mischief makers, Diddy Kong racing and wave race stick out as been challenging in some way or another.

- Beating the final boss in Bloodborne took me so long. Was definitely glad when I beat it.

13 hours ago, DarkTone said:

Thanks. It was from a toys r us event in the UK. 8 person battle tournament. Winner got a mew. Enter as many times as you want, but you can only win the mew once. 

My friend and I just told them we won, and got a mew each. Never entered the tournament! 

Lol this is an awesome story. Crazy that you still have the new after all these years. 

I once beat Arkanoid on the C64.  That was pretty special but wasn't THAT hard.  On the other hand, it took me hours and hours to complete all the challenge rooms on Bionic Commando Rearmed.  Holy Sh!+ that was tough.  I can't recommend it unless you hate yourself.  Even worse is trying to beat that game on the hardest difficulty (which I have not done).

Edited by wongojack
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, wongojack said:

On the other hand, it took me hours and hours to complete all the challenge rooms on Bionic Commando Rearmed.  Holy Sh!+ that was tough.  I can't recommend it unless you hate yourself.

Those challenge rooms are seriously evil.  I once got through them all as well, but it wasn't pretty.  Nicely done!

• Like 2

On 10/17/2022 at 1:38 AM, DarkTone said:

i had a friend who worked at Toys R Us and was a "Gym Leader" for at least one of those kind of events. Definitely how i scored a non-Game Genie Mew back in the day, even if it is long gone by now. It still counts as "legitimately" getting a Mew if you lied to collect one, right? 

3 minutes ago, twiztor said:

i had a friend who worked at Toys R Us and was a "Gym Leader" for at least one of those kind of events. Definitely how i scored a non-Game Genie Mew back in the day, even if it is long gone by now. It still counts as "legitimately" getting a Mew if you lied to collect one, right? 

Good point. I stole something official haha. 

- I once won a local Guitar Hero tournament, though admittedly, my competition wasn't that great

- Was in the top 3 on Guitar Hero III's online leaderboard for the first month or so of its release (PS3)

- Was ranked #1 in XIII on Xbox Live during it's first few weeks of release, until others figured out how to auto-level your reticle, which guaranteed headshot placement lol 

- I've beaten Die Hard on NES without dying 

• Like 1

Hmm...My top 3 probably are:

• I will have beaten 200+ games this year (currently at 191).
  • Completed the national Pokedex on ORAS (721 Pokemon), all legit. This was during the time when GameStop was giving away codes for all the mythicals.
  • Was ranked in the top 10 of Gundam Breaker 3 and Sky Force Anniversary leaderboards.
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, twiztor said:

He just figured out an alternate way to get a legit mew. I still have my Japanese copy of diamond with the glitch where you can surf through the door in the elite 4. I consider my darkrai and shaymin I can get from this glitch to be legit even though I don’t use the event items to unlock these Pokémon. 

Publicly I guess was early SNES era, won an area competition at Captron(remember them?) for first prize on a Gradius III caravan mode style contest,  5min on the clock, arcade difficulty code popped in, highest score takes it.  I practiced up some before the event, went in and you got a warm up session and the actual run.  I cleared it with room to spare.  Wish I still played it that well.

Privately, took my friends Dragon Warrior cart from him on a bet.  Rules were simple.  It's the weekend, we have the afternoon, finish the game you never played before in one sitting.  Something like 4-6hours (range) later I won the cart. 😄 (This was around 10th-11th grade in the mid-SNES era.)

Edited by Tanooki