IGNORED

What is your greatest gaming achievement?

Makar

I came in second at a Guitar Hero tournament before at a local bar back when it was the bee's knees. Won ski lift tickets to Sunday River up in Maine. Pretty cool prize! I wound up having an awesome day!

I was never going to beat the eventual winner though. He was one of those "pro tour" gamers. I think he won a couple hundred bucks in gift cards to local businesses.

I thought I was in good shape when I 5 starred Number of the Beast, then he goes up and full clears Through the Fire and flames!🤣 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

If something is "evil" for Tom then the rest of us might as well give up now.

I used to hold my own with him back in the old days of the weekly contests, but he's as good as anybody that I've ever played against. I should change my answer to "anytime I beat @rdrunner in a head to head competition". 

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1

My favourite/best achievements are probably:

1/  Beating Ninja Gaiden 3 with no damage/deaths.

2/ No death Contra 3 on hard (done that quite a few times since though).

3/ Beat my Mario Maker level before they introduced checkpoints or anything (not a big fan of the 2nd half of the level in retrospect).

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

On 10/30/2022 at 5:17 PM, DarkTone said:

I'm reading this as "achievement" as in, using skill to progress in game. Theres some things game related that I'm proud of, like making a character in a Yacht Club Game, or winning a contest to have a weapon patched in panzer paladin (mines the xenomorph) 

Screenshot_20221030-164230_Samsung Internet.jpg

I’m pretty jealous you got to make a yacht club game character. That is very very cool!!

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2022 at 2:14 PM, mbd39 said:

If something is "evil" for Tom then the rest of us might as well give up now.

On 10/26/2022 at 2:18 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

I used to hold my own with him back in the old days of the weekly contests, but he's as good as anybody that I've ever played against. I should change my answer to "anytime I beat @rdrunner in a head to head competition". 

Yeah, really.... "evil" you say? Well, I won't bother with that game..." 😅

I first heard Tom Votava's name when I started on Twin Galaxies. It's absolutely INSANE the things he's done on the NES. If you could hold your own with him, you're doing great.

Respect, Tom ( @rdrunner ) , respect. 👊

I also liked it because he was smashing some other guy who was kind of a D-Bag, hahahaha.... Rudy J Ferretti? Hahaha, if my memory serves..... Tom smoked him all the time, and this guy was not stoked.  🤣

1 hour ago, AirVillain said:

Yeah, really.... "evil" you say? Well, I won't bother with that game..." 😅

I first heard Tom Votava's name when I started on Twin Galaxies. It's absolutely INSANE the things he's done on the NES. If you could hold your own with him, you're doing great.

Respect, Tom ( @rdrunner ) , respect. 👊

I also liked it because he was smashing some other guy who was kind of a D-Bag, hahahaha.... Rudy J Ferretti? Hahaha, if my memory serves..... Tom smoked him all the time, and this guy was not stoked.  🤣

He smashed me plenty of times too, but I kinda got used to it. 😂