IGNORED

Diamond Thieves: A VGS & Mega Cat Collaboration

Scrobins

Moderator · Posted

Hello VGS!

The staff have been working closely with Mega Cat Studios over the past several months to launch a line of homebrew games to help devs who are otherwise unable to publish their games on their own or achieve a larger distribution. Our first game in this series is Diamond Thieves, a puzzle platformer from a bunch of talented devs in Brazil called Mangangá Team.

As an added special touch, our own @CasualCart & @BortLicensePlatedesigned the gorgeous box and storyboard for the game trailer.

The game launched today and you can buy it here: https://megacatstudios.com/pages/diamond-thieves

Proceeds will benefit the developers as well as support VGS. More games are in the pipeline, and we hope you enjoy them!

You can read my blog post in a series I'm starting to highlight this new line of games that I'm calling The Mega Cat Chronicles:

• Like 10
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 5

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, ecmyers said:

Congratulations! I love that box art. I'm guessing there won't be a digital release, so maybe it's finally time I incorporated a Genesis into my console setup.

i said the same thing about the genesis that you just did lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ordered and it wasn't the only thing I ordered.

Asks Black Friday GIF

Not relating to Diamond Thieves: Do Mega Cat Genesis/Mega Drive versions have functional differences (60Hz/50Hz) or are they just box inlay color variations of red and blue on the spine?

• Like 1

Moderator · Posted
23 minutes ago, sp1nz said:

Asks Black Friday GIF

Not relating to Diamond Thieves: Do Mega Cat Genesis/Mega Drive versions have functional differences (60Hz/50Hz) or are they just box inlay color variations of red and blue on the spine?

I’m not sure on that point, you’d have to ask Mega Cat.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sp1nz said:

Asks Black Friday GIF

I do not know for sure, I think all dependes on each game. For mangangá Team games they are made on NTSC in mind, but it should work fine on PAL consoles, since the game is region free, just a bit slower and letterbox if using an old televisor, like old games.

Edited by Amaweks
  • Like 1

Wonderful trailer! You went the extra mile with the animations, something I always appreciate as trailers usually only have gameplay footage. Really cool to read those interviews too. I love hearing about the mindset and inspiration developers had when creating games. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...