IGNORED

Werewolf 13: Terminator Sign-Ups Thread

ZeldaFreak

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

compared to months?

Months between games is way too much time in my opinion. Plus you've got a fair amount of people who generally want to roll right in to the next game immediately after one ends, I think 2-3 weeks between games is fine and is a good middle ground between both extremes. Plus I've got several ideas for setups I want to get through, if we start waiting months between games it's gonna take me my entire goddamn life to get through them all, haha.

• Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, ZeldaFreak said:

Months between games is way too much time in my opinion. Plus you've got a fair amount of people who generally want to roll right in to the next game immediately after one ends, I think 2-3 weeks between games is fine and is a good middle ground between both extremes. Plus I've got several ideas for setups I want to get through, if we start waiting months between games it's gonna take me my entire goddamn life to get through them all, haha.

I'm just saying it's getting harder to get folks, but it's fine, just wondering if some are burnt out.

Events Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I'm just saying it's getting harder to get folks, but it's fine, just wondering if some are burnt out.

Having a month or two break between games once every few games so people don't get burnt out isn't a bad idea, but having the delay between games be over a month long every single time definitely seems a bit overkill to me.

I think games one after another is better. By the time the game ends, the new GM finalises setup, puts out the signup thread,  gives some time after all spaces are filled etc. it ends up been almost a month-month and a half between games. It also depends when you are killed in the game. If you're out at the start then you've got heaps of time to unwind before the next game because you aren't paying as much attention.

Having said that, if anyone is burnt out just do what Default has done and take a break. Small games work just as well too. If the next one is only like 10-12 people that isn't a bad thing.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Brickman said:

Wishing the best. Definitely don't feel like you have the play if it's going to be an issue. RL before a game.

it will be a good break from RL.  not to bring this fun time down but we did got some good new i guess. she is stage 1 and possibility just possibility caught before any bad happened.. now we go on a time thing for now but not clear yet...

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, RH said:

I remember that toy, and I was a bit weirded-out that it was "flesh tone". There goes Hasbro (or whoever) selling our kids nudie Arnold Schwarzeneggers!

I imagine the jokers at the marketing office just laughing all day that they managed to sell kids a monochromatic "action figure", saving a ton on paints, dyes, time, etc..

5 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I imagine the jokers at the marketing office just laughing all day that they managed to sell kids a monochromatic "action figure", saving a ton on paints, dyes, time, etc..

Not quite.  The figure was a "robot" and probably had a rather complex mold.  However, that clear device on the left was a mold where you could inject "endo-flesh" or whatever Cameron called it, which was something like a soft play-doh.  I never owned one of these, but I remember the commercial.  The idea was you could tear off the skin, like the T-1000 does at one point and give him "battle scars".  It's kind of a cool idea, but I'm sure it didn't work well and, yeah, you're making a nude T-1000.

Administrator · Posted
Just now, RH said:

Not quite.  The figure was a "robot" and probably had a rather complex mold.  However, that clear device on the left was a mold where you could inject "endo-flesh" or whatever Cameron called it, which was something like a soft play-doh.  I never owned one of these, but I remember the commercial.  The idea was you could tear off the skin, like the T-1000 does at one point and give him "battle scars".  It's kind of a cool idea, but I'm sure it didn't work well and, yeah, you're making a nude T-1000.

Aaaahhhh, like the creepy crawlers or whatever they were.