IGNORED

Werewolf 13: Terminator Sign-Ups Thread

ZeldaFreak

Events Team · Posted

@Jeevan@JVOSS@zi@Link@Hammerfestus@Rhapsody98@PuppyWaffles@Gloves@behemos@FireHazard51@Br81zad@fcgamer@RH@DefaultGen@G-type@KokiriChild@OptOut@SailorScoutMandy@Brickman@Splain@0xDEAFC0DE @WalterWhiteJr.@Makar@Bettington Bear@JamesRobot@Reed Rothchild@ZeldaFan042@BattySalem@MadamRadness69@MagusSmurf@Generic@Murray@Wasg13@Nesfanatic@drxandy@Kalebrok@Aristophanes@ExplosiveEmu

SIGN-UPS

1. fcgamer
2. Brickman
3. Rhapsody98
4. Hammerfestus
5. Jeevan
6. RH
7. OptOut
8. Generic
9. Br81zad
10. SailorScoutMandy
11. JVOSS
12. PuppyWaffles
13. WalterWhiteJr.
14. JamesRobot
15. behemos
16. G-type
17. Link
18. DK

BACK-UPS

1. Gloves
2. zi

Edited by ZeldaFreak
  • Wow! 3

Events Team · Posted

GENERAL GAMEPLAY RULES & ETIQUETTE:

1. Read these rules and this Wikipedia page if you’ve never played before: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game) (This page on MafiaScum might also help: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Game_of_Mafia)

2. Play to win and have fun! Just enjoy and don't be a jerk! Some people play harder than others. Just know that most of the time this is simply a tactic to press you and try to get you to crack rather than them just being an asshole. With that said, please do not outright bully each other. If you feel bullied please message me or a mod.

3. You may not quote private information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. This includes information discussed in any private chats, neighborhoods, PMs, etc. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable. Stating the actual name of your role (or claimed role) is also acceptable. Don’t take screenshots of your role, don’t cheat and PM other players (unless your role allows it). If you are unsure, ask first.

4. There is to be no personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. I know some of you are friends and family in real life, but if you talk about the game please keep it very basic and DO NOT give anything away.

5. If you have a role with a Night action, your actions are due to me by the posted deadline (before the Night phase ends.) If I do not receive your action via PM or via post in your thread by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. A simple “No Action” PM or post makes it so I'm not worried you forgot to send me your action.

6. As a general rule of thumb you should aim to make a post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving. I know some of you like to lurk, but don't make a habit of it please. I will prod players after 48 hours of complete inactivity. If the prodded player does not respond to a prod after an additional 24 hours, I will contact any Back-ups that have signed up and start searching for a replacement. If you know/suspect you will have to miss a day due to life/work/etc please let me know in advance if you can!

7. No invisible, impossibly small, or encrypted text.

8. Don't edit or delete any posts in any thread. This is considered cheating.

9. Please do not stalk other players' profiles to see when they are online or offline, when they are viewing a PM thread, etc. This can give hints as to whether they have night actions or not which could be used to infer what team they’re on, and this completely goes against the spirit of the game. I will consider this cheating if repeatedly abused.

10. Make sure to follow all Site Rules!

----------------------------------------

VOTING, DEADLINES, & PLAYER DEATH:

1. This game will have public voting with 72 hour deadlines per Day phase. If a majority vote is reached early, the hammer will fall, that person will be eliminated, and the following Night phase will begin. If no majority vote is secured by the deadline, a No Elim will occur, and nobody will be eliminated from the game.

2. Night phases will last 48 hours throughout the game. All night actions must be submitted to me by this time.

3. All phases will end at 10 PM EST unless otherwise specified.

4. Make sure to place votes in a format like this. Stuff such as "I’m gonna vote ZeldaFreak" will not count as an official vote. The below is an official vote:

VOTE: ZeldaFreak

And, while this is not outright required, please do submit votes as: VOTE: Player Name in the primary thread, bolded and underlined. This makes it much easier for me to spot votes, and massively decreases the odds of me missing a vote. Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.

5. It is recommended (but, again, not outright required) to tag me (@ZeldaFreak) whenever you place a vote or unvote, once again to lessen the odds of me missing your vote.

6. Please submit vote revocations as Unvote or Unvote: Player Name. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes, however it is a quick way to ensure you are not currently voting for anyone. All standard voting rules apply to unvoting.

7. You may vote for a "No Elim" if you would like. If a No Elim vote reaches majority, the phase will end early, and a No Elim will occur, which means nobody will be eliminated that day phase.

8. Once a majority vote is reached, the game enters Twilight until I lock the thread and post an update; all players (including the one who was eliminated) may continue to post during Twilight, however NO game-relevant information may be discussed during this time!

9. You may make one "Bah" post in response to your death (should it occur) in the primary thread, so long as it contains NO game-relevant information.

10. You may not react to any posts within the Game Thread after your death, with the one exception being posts that I myself make, IE night updates. I will count this as posting after your death, which is disallowed and considered cheating.

For anyone who's a first time Werewolfer, first of all, ensure that you join the Werewolf Club, as that is where all games of Werewolf beyond the sign-ups threads actually take place.

And I also made this post awhile back for new Werewolf players that you may find helpful if you're still trying to get a grip on what the game is all about.

Keep in mind that you do not have to have seen any of the Terminator films or any other related source material to participate in this game and understand what's going on.

I plan on starting the game around a week to a week and a half after this sign-ups thread is posted depending on how long it takes to fill all of the available player slots. The current tentative start date is Monday, May 30th at 10 PM EST.

The total player count for this game will be 18.

I do want to note in particular that this will be a much more traditional game than the last game I hosted, and the last few games that have been hosted here in general. Standard day and night phases, standard nightkill mechanics, etc. After all the crazy twisty games we've had lately, I figured it would be a breath of fresh air to host a more traditional game of WW.

If you would like to play, but all of the slots are already taken and/or you aren't completely sure if you will be able to fully participate, please do feel free to sign up as a Back-up! The more back-ups we have, the better. Back-ups allow games to still continue relatively smoothly even if players have to bow out without needing to resort to modkilling players.

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

Is it necessary to have seen the movies to know who the bad guys are?  Kuz if so I'm screwed.........

Sign me up I guess.......

@SailorScoutMandy, care to join me?  😆

Reveal hidden contents

Cat Please GIF by Atinum

You said it was standard ww. This doesn't read as standard being movie themed mister. 

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, SailorScoutMandy said:

You said it was standard ww. This doesn't read as standard being movie themed mister. 

standard as in there is no twist, i.e. its themed, but there is a werewolf faction, a town faction, maybe an indie?  IDK, @ZeldaFreak will have to tell you the deets.  Just sign up nerd!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

standard as in there is no twist, i.e. its themed, but there is a werewolf faction, a town faction, maybe an indie?  IDK, @ZeldaFreak will have to tell you the deets.  Just sign up nerd!

I keep wanting to say no but then a small part of me is like do it! 

Decisions decisions

Events Team · Posted
8 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Is it necessary to have seen the movies to know who the bad guys are?  Kuz if so I'm screwed.........

Sign me up I guess.......

@SailorScoutMandy, care to join me?  😆

Reveal hidden contents

Cat Please GIF by Atinum

Bad guys are Terminators, good guys are Humans. Simple.

If you haven't seen any of the films, the basic plot of the Terminator franchise is that sometime in the future, an AI known as Skynet which was made for the US military becomes self-aware. Skynet is trusted to run everything, but when it becomes self-aware, it sees all humans as a threat to its existence, not just the enemies of those who built it. As such, it launches several nuclear weapons at other countries, which then causes those countries to retaliate by launching nukes of their own at the US, causing a massive nuclear war which ends over 3 billion human lives, and turns most of the Earth in to a nuclear wasteland. Survivors of the war refer to this event as Judgment Day (Which is the namesake of the second film.)

RichCompetentBluewhale-size_restricted.g

After this begins a long and grueling battle referred to as the Future War, with the two sides being the human resistance, and Skynet and the various machines it builds to attempt to completely wipe out the human race. The entirety of this game's story will take place within the Future War.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

The most well-known among the machines Skynet builds are the many different models of Terminators. A Terminator is, generally speaking, (since there are a few more advanced models that don't fully fit this description) a humanoid metal endoskeleton, covered in living human tissue. This outer layer of human tissue allows Terminators to infiltrate pockets of human resistance, since they look identical to real humans, and destroy them from the inside out when the time is right.

946ccaf07d3a8595a9f96fd2842e9abd.gif

Being that these Terminators are metal endoskeletons underneath the human skin, they are not only very tough to kill, but they also possess superhuman strength. In addition, since the Terminators themselves have various microprocessors and other gadgets within them, they are essentially small supercomputers, making them very intelligent.

vision-terminator.gif

They are also used in open combat without the outer layer of skin, just the endoskeleton, as they make for very effective soldiers thanks to how tough it is to kill them.

62fd9c6c8d613b4ad656a32fca329d64.gif

All of these elements combined make Terminators a massive, massive threat,

Eventually, a man known as John Connor becomes the leader of the human resistance, and he ends up being a massive thorn in Skynet's side, leading the human resistance to several victories against Skynet. Eventually, Skynet develops time travel technology, which it uses to send a Terminator back in time to try and kill Sarah Connor, John Connor's mother, before he's born, and long before Judgment Day takes place. In addition, it sends back another Terminator, a more advanced prototype, to try and kill John Connor himself when he's a child.

That last stuff about time travel is actually more or less irrelevant to the plot of this game, that's just catching you up on the general plot of the first 2 films, haha.

But yeah, that should be pretty much everything you have to know to understand what's going on when the game starts. The game will take place in the distant future, long after Judgment Day, in a small human resistance camp which is infiltrated by Terminators, and the humans within the camp have to try and figure out who's human, and who's machine. Much like The Thing, the plot of these movies lends itself perfectly to a game of WW themed around it.

7 hours ago, Generic said:

I’m in

Hey, welcome back! Been a few games since you've participated.

6 hours ago, Jeevan said:

This is correct. A completely bog-standard, not even themed game of Werewolf is pretty much unheard of here on VGS, but besides being themed, this will be a standard game of Werewolf. No assimilations instead of nightkills, no mini text adventure game during night phases, etc.

Edited by ZeldaFreak
  • Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
10 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

This is correct. A completely bog-standard, not even themed game of Werewolf is pretty much unheard of here on VGS, but besides being themed, this will be a standard game of Werewolf. No assimilations instead of nightkills, no mini text adventure game during night phases, etc.

@SailorScoutMandy that is what you need to know

@OptOut I didn't read a sentence of that big ole' post he posted 😎

• Like 1