IGNORED

Werewolf 12 Super Mario Bros. Game starting soon, please don't blow that cartridge ;)

Jeevan

Events Helper · Posted
47 minutes ago, Makar said:

As much fun as it would be I’m gonna have to pass. I don’t see myself getting everything I need to get done over the next month in time to properly dedicate to this. Have fun all you koopalings, warios, waluigis, and drybones!

fair, no backup either I assume?

7 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

fair, no backup either I assume?

Nah sorry. I feel I’d still have to read everything to make sure I could properly fill in if needed and the reading is what consumes most of my time in this game

i should be good after may though to play again

Edited by Makar
  • Like 3

Just now, Makar said:

Nah sorry. I feel I’d still have to read everything to make sure I could properly fill in if needed and the reading is what consumes most of my time in this game

i should be good after may though to play again

Or, hear me out, go guns a blazing on your first full night like I did last game, and screw reading everything before hand.

35176E1B-92FD-415A-88F6-B13513DB6380.gif

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

G-types definitive argument for Day 1 kills

Day 1 kills are the equivalent of randomly clicking your first square in Minesweeper. Sure you might accidentally click a bomb, or you might just click a blank square that tells you next to nothing... BUT there's a CHANCE you might reveal a whole lot about the condition of the board.

spacer.png

A balanced werewolf game will have about 20-25% wolves/players ratio. So that means you have a 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 chance of eliminating a wolf right out of the gate. If this were Vegas, I'd take those odds all day long!!

But the benefit doesn't just begin and end with eliminating a wolf.

• You also create a voting track record, that everyone can look back on to start using to deduce who else might be a wolf, AND
  • the threat of eliminating someone is the only substantive power vanilla town has as a way to force people to talk and possibly reveal clues about their identity.

Here's what we KNOW will happen if town doesn't day 1 kill.

• Wolves will kill someone during the night and
  • town will start day 2 with one less players and not much more information than they had day 1. Essentially just repeating day 1, but in a slightly worse strategic position.

Werewolf has a built in countdown clock, which is the wolves killing each night. Running out the time on that clock is in the wolves favor, as the only time the wolves are ever in danger is during the day, when they might get voted out, either by chance or by getting exposed.

Edited by G-type
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, DefaultGen said:

DefaultGen's Definitive Argument Against Day 1 Kills

You literally can't hit a mine on your first click in Minesweeper. G-Type's entire analogy is wrong.

As much as people would like to think that Day One kills are random, they aren't.  Some emotional thinking starts a train and it's based on nothing.

Wolves know this.  Laying low day one is easy. I've never, ever seen a day one kill grab a wolf.