IGNORED

Game Debate #92: Contra

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not a very good game.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible game in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.

24 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Not sure what score I'm gonna give, but mastering the game in a week and completing a no death run is one of my favorite NA contest memories

No death at least 6 loops or your a pussy.

Overrated game that’s just ok but shines because it has no competition in the genre except that mega man is 100x better but doesn’t get compared because people don’t want to face that fact.

• Haha 2

I'm sure I'll get flack for it for I just don't care for Contra games. There's nothing fun about games that I have to replay the same first two levels over and over and over because they decided to make it impossible. I'm sure it's a good game if you can beat it but it's not for me. 5/10

• Agree 1

On 3/11/2022 at 10:07 AM, docile tapeworm said:

Overrated game that’s just ok but shines because it has no competition in the genre except that mega man is 100x better but doesn’t get compared because people don’t want to face that fact.

Wrong.

One of the best action games ever on any system. 10/10.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 2

5/10. Never played it growing up, first played it as a teen on a Supervision 350 in 1 multicart.

I think it has potential, but there's definitely many other games that I'd rather play, even games that have an equal standing of me not having played as a child.

Overrated AF.

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

9/10. Mega Man has surpassed this in every was as far as a run and gun shooter/platformer is concerned, but this is still a must play.

Some might prefer the more bullet hell feel of contra and I get that, but that's never been my thing very much.

Don'y think I've heard anyone call Mega Man a run-gun before.

3 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

i played contra as a kid and didn’t like it then.

konami controls are crrrrraaaaaap.

The controls are excellent. For example you have a lot of control over your jumps which really helps with the platforming aspect.

But you do need a good condition dpad and some thumb precision. If you can't hit down without accidentally hitting a diagonal then you're toast.

• Like 1