phart010

Do you use IPhone or Android  

28 members have voted

1. 1. iPhone or Android

• Iphone
    • Android
    • Both

11 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Good to know. I dunno should I lock the thread or do we want to keep this one going?

Doesn’t bother me. I do predict that it will most likely turn out like all android vs iPhone discussions though haha. 

Personally I prefer iPhone because I do like the eco system approach but I also get why Android fans like the freedom it brings. 

Once an Apple store worker told me that if I put my phone in my pocket I should expect it to bend. Of course my follow up question was should I instead had stuck it in my ass? That was the last time I bought an Apple phone. I'm was the first big one they made. 

I had great experiences w Nexus 6p, OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 7t. Now I just bought a Pixel 6 and like it a lot as well. I really dont see the reason to spend $800 more on an apple device, especially with how good the current pixel is

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tabonga said:

None of the above - I just have a land line.  I don't want to be that much in touch with the rest of the world and I don't want them to be in touch with me.  Plus I can't lose what I don't have!

Got me beat. I have a feature phone that was new but was branded as a “Cingular” phone. The rep told me AT&T just wanted to keep the brand alive.

Anyway, it runs KaiOS.

Android, naturally! I can barely use an iPhone, every time I have to use my wife's phone for whatever reason I never know where the back button is! I know it's all supposed to be gestures or something but I don't know any of the gestures so... hand me an iPhone and I'm like RIP. ☠️

Also, like I don't take many photos, I don't play games on my phone, I really only need it for reading VGS, playing youtube and jacking off, so I'm not sure what an iPhone is supposed to improve on that experience! 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Also, like I don't take many photos, I don't play games on my phone, I really only need it for reading VGS, playing youtube and jacking off, so I'm not sure what an iPhone is supposed to improve on that experience! 😅

It’s all about the gestures.  Vigorous gestures.

• Haha 1

I use Andrew, err I mean android. Here, iPhones are seen mostly as a status symbol, and the folks carrying them generally say they like coffee yet you see the drinking their shitty pansy-ass full sugar lattes.

I prefer a more authentic lifestyle, so I go android. 

iPhone, but I predict that I'll be switching the next time I feel the need to upgrade or need a new/different phone.  I've basically jailbroken my iPhone since the first day I owned one, so I get what some of the most vocal Android proponents are all about, but I enjoy the relative simplicity of Apple's system to the generally dozens of steps one has to go through on Android to accomplish the same sort of thing.  I imagine there's an argument about how the number of things to do are likely the same, Apple (and various jailbreak app authors) just does it for you, but honestly I prefer it that way.  Plus, to date, I've never had to disassemble an Apple device and short two or more portions of it together, sometimes with specific timing, while the unit is on, in order to achieve root.  Apple has gotten ridiculous with building phones that are more pretty than sturdy and function (why I carry a 1st gen SE from 6 years ago), as well as having locked down the devices even more (jailbroken or not), which has left a bad taste in my mouth.  Not sure what Android I'd be looking at when I switch, but it will definitely have to be something that either comes totally unlocked or that there is a known and proven root already available for at that time, as I'm not about anybody's walled garden--not the one that I know (Apple) or the ones that I don't (most notoriously Samsung & Motorola).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

t sure what Android I'd be looking at when I switch, but it will definitely have to be something that either comes totally unlocked or that there is a known and proven root already available for at that time, as I'm not about anybody's walled garden--not the one that I know (Apple) or the ones that I don't (most notoriously Samsung & Motorola

I'm pretty sure my last Android phone I had (OnePlus 7t) all I had to do was tap a button in the settings 5 times to get it into dev mode... Most phones are ridiculously easy to completely root. 

• Agree 1