IGNORED

What is your current goal or focus?

Strange

I’m finishing up my Wii and Wii U collections, not full sets, and restarting my GameCube collection. I have about 20-25 Wii games left and about 10 Wii U titles left. Beyond that I sold off my large and very nice GameCube collection a few years ago to buy a Disney Vacation Club membership. While I’ve loved having that I’ve missed the games. I bought a few back like Mario Kart and Wave Race and just bought my friends collection when he needed some money. I have about 40 or so games I want, mostly Nintendo published. After that I’m wanting to buy a Switch and games.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Don't really have one atm tbh. Finish up the games I feel like I want, that's about it. I don't do full sets, it's all about the nostalgia and great games I missed growing up. I'm very specifically selective on what I pick up these days. 

samsies, although i wouldnt mind doing a full set, seems too damned expensive for somethings i dont really want/need or have ever played.

Can't really say it's a focus but more of a wait since I'm only one game away from full sets for these systems: Videopac, N-Gage and Black Point SHG.

At the moment I'm mostly looking for Intellivision, Interton VC4000, Master System and Wii U. Between the seven mentioned I'm hoping to complete at least 3 by the end of the year.

11 minutes ago, 11strings said:

It's not that bad. There's other refrigerator-sized things in the room that are yellow, orange, etc. lol

Also, out of curiosity, which titles are you missing? Is it because of rarity, financial, or you just haven’t been able to go out recently, etc.?

3 minutes ago, tbone3969 said:

Yes, I have learned this the hard way.  lol  I have gotten rid of 90% of my debt over the past year or so.  Almost there!  Check my sales thread if you want to help me get there.

If I wasn't laser focused on finishing the NES set, I'd seriously consider the N64 bundle... Maybe next year!

Edited by DoctorEncore

3 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

Great achievement! That's about 540 +/- games.......... what are you missing? 

6 hours ago, The Strangest said:

Also, out of curiosity, which titles are you missing? Is it because of rarity, financial, or you just haven’t been able to go out recently, etc.?

I'm waiting for price drops on games released in the last couple of months. Games like Overpass, AO Tennis 2, Monster Jam Steel Titans 2, Gigantosaurus, etc. - I'll pick them up when they get down to $20, unless there's a clear indicator that stock will run out.  www.dekudeals.com is good for keeping track.

5 hours ago, The Count said:

The walls/trim and shelves are perfect. Great job!

Thanks!!

• Like 1

This might sound really weird, but it's a guilty pleasure of mine- golf games, particularly on the PS1. I'm beyond terrible at real golf and haven't tried for years, but golf games let me actually enjoy the sport and vicariously experience it. Since I live in PAL territories, a big goal of mine for the past two years has been to get every golf game released for the PS1, of which there were 17. It may seem like an easy set to assemble, but specific games rarely show up in NZ for sale, so even though it's all online it's tricky to find specifics. I have however been able to get 16 of the 17 released, and hope I can get the last one soon. Without trying I'm only missing one for PS3 so I suppose that's on the list too. Other than that very little left in the way of collecting, need to save money for more important things now. 

I've also had a desire to get every game I ever rented and traded when I was younger. As far as traded away I only have four left. As far as games I rented go, there are three left. So overall not very many left. None of these seven are good games by any means, but they're things I would like to get to relive those experiences. 

Edited by NZCollector
  • Like 1