IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

Administrator · Posted

I'm playing...

* Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition on Switch - loving it!  Haven't played it since the original on Wii, and I like the improvements they made in this edition.  It's a beautiful game with a great soundtrack, and I really enjoy the series.

* Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice on PC - this is a really really cool game.  It is more about the story and characters, than the gameplay, which is a bit basic - although, some of the puzzles are really good.  It's a very visceral type of game, and it is executed really well.  It is by Ninja Theory, a group I like quite a bit.

* Astroneer on PC -- this is a sandbox / adventure / exploration game that is early access on steam, and it's just fun to explore and goof around.  There is a crafting / building system which is relatively deep and creates a pretty fun challenge in obtaining resources and building up your base.  

There's a few other things I'm playing off on on - Hades, Grim Dawn, some others.

I know I mentioned something earlier, but i swear I get distracted.  The other day I had some nice help and finally figured it out and got PC Em installed on here.  I recreated my old P100 I had around 1995 I guess would be about right on there with a 500MB HDD of space.  I've been primarily dropping games in there not on GOG or DOSBox gets pissy about.

Been having fun this evening dabbling lightly with Simpsons Arcade and Hi-Octane, then did a few maps of Doom and finally got lost in Quake for like the last hour going through much of Ep1's maps.  It's nice having that Trent Reznor soundtrack going in the background no one can license as I found the CD within the last year (full DOS/W95/GLQuake release game at a goodwill for a couple bucks.  The Gog release is just awful and has problems.  PCem did trip up on the audio giving out some cryptic error, but when I figured it out, tweaked my autoexec.bat file, created a batch file, and it was on! 😄

15 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I got a couple Neo Geo games in the mail yesterday, one without label so it was a mystery game of sorts.  I thought I had ID'd it but it ended up there were 2 games that used the board, it was the other.

Don't leave us hanging 😮

What were you hoping for, and what did you end up getting?

I’ve finally been sitting down and making an effort to beat Ninja Gaiden, not just play the first couple of levels casually. For the record, I’m bad at video games. Act 3-2 was the first level that gave me some real trouble but after much trial and error I think I have that stage and all of its hazards memorized pixel by pixel.

11 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

I’ve finally been sitting down and making an effort to beat Ninja Gaiden, not just play the first couple of levels casually. For the record, I’m bad at video games. Act 3-2 was the first level that gave me some real trouble but after much trial and error I think I have that stage and all of its hazards memorized pixel by pixel.

Good luck! It’s really not too bad, especially if you have spin slash

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Strangest said:

That's the way to go. Good luck on your journey!

I think anyone can beat Ninja Gaiden without using continues given enough practice on the stages, and honestly it doesn't take as long as you'd probably thing.
It's a very methodic game, and a lot of it feels more like a puzzle game. There's always a consistent and reliable path through any constellation of enemy spawns, and you want to pull it off without hesitating or (god forbit it) retreating, because that will always punish you. 😛

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 1

Nes - Startropics. I've made it up to the UFO part of the game. Must be getting close to the end. 

Snes - Brainlord. Just started it out. Okay so far

Switch - Bendy and the Ink Machine. I'm up to chapter three. I really don't do well with the whole horror genre and this game has made me scream out loud more than once. I'm such a wimp with jump scares lol. I really enjoy the atmosphere so far. There hasn't been too much of gameplay yet though. Mostly just walking around and getting startled. 

On 7/24/2020 at 2:08 AM, Sumez said:

Don't leave us hanging 😮

What were you hoping for, and what did you end up getting?

Ugh damn did I forget that?  Well as I wrote I got Windjammers and Samurai Shodown 4 (SS4 was the mystery game) and it was our thought (seller and I) it would have been Real Bout Fatal Fury Special.  I investigated a bit looking at board scans, missed that one other game (SS4) on one board revision used the identical chipset and alignment on board right down to the etchings on the chips.

Days later I corrected the error.  RBFFS usually sells around $60-65 and then shipping.  I was able to track one down and paid $50 shipped on that one, so well I get what I wanted anyway and saved a nice slice off the top. 🙂

Well now if you look at the what did we finders keepers today stuff, I've got a few choices more I could poke a stick at if I care to, not sure yet.  I just got rid of the system, but the deal was too good to pass up.  Not sure I agree about dumping on RB FF Special though, solid game.