IGNORED

Fast Food

Ya'll eat fast food? I admit, I do not, but I used to eat it all the time back in the day, when I was a teenager... ๐Ÿ˜„

Anyway, saw this fascinating video about the differences between fast food in the US and the UK, so naturally my first thought was to share this on a video game site!

ย 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, avatar! said:

Ya'll eat fast food? I admit, I do not, but I used to eat it all the time back in the day, when I was a teenager... ๐Ÿ˜„

Anyway, saw this fascinating video about the differences between fast food in the US and the UK, so naturally my first thought was to share this on a video game site!

ย 

That's quite an interesting video.

I don't eat it much these days, but wow!

Maybeย once a month and itโ€™s usually 5 guys but lately Iโ€™ve been eating that Popeyes chicken sandwich. So good!

edit: beside the differences in countries there is a stark difference between how much food McDs served you when they first opened compared to today. There only used to be one size friesย and it was the small

Edited by a3quit4s

8 hours ago, avatar! said:

Anyway, saw this fascinating video about the differences between fast food in the US and the UK

Those Food Insider videos are very interesting. I have seen a bunch of them and it never ceases to amaze me how many extra ingredients and calories the US versions have. US version: 35 ingredients, UK 5. Incredible.

We get it probably once a week. Alternating between Wendy's McDonalds or Taco Bell. However, if we get takeout from a restaurant, or order pizza, we wouldn't eat fast food that week.

We basically use it as a way to treat our kids to something nice and something to look forward to since we can't go out and do much during this pandemic.

I actually live pretty close by to a McDonalds...every kid's dream not too long ago.ย  At least it was back when they did super size and you felt like you really got your money's worth.ย  But as long as they do that mean sneaky "pinching the bottom of the fries box" trick, forget it! ๐Ÿ˜›ย 

Weโ€™ve implemented weekly pizza night because the kids get soย excited and it means I get to skip cooking on a weeknight. ย Score. ย Other fast food we usually will grab something as a lunch when we do. ย Thereย is always of course the very occasionalย late night (thatโ€™d be about 8pm)ย taco runs. ย 

Edited by Hammerfestus

1 minute ago, RH said:

They are at Wing Stop.ย  In fact, I'd invest in them but they have way to much debt, IMHO.

I've never been to Wing Stop. It must be the only wing chain that isn't near me. I usually prefer hole in the wall local bar wings over the national chain stuff. To me, Quaker Steak & Lube has the best national chain wings with an honorable mention to the smoked wings at Hooters.

9 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I've never been to Wing Stop. It must be the only wing chain that isn't near me. I usually prefer hole in the wall local bar wings over the national chain stuff. To me, Quaker Steak & Lube has the best national chain wings with an honorable mention to the smoked wings at Hooters.

Wing Stop is a growing company.ย  So long as they stay afloat, you'll probably get one eventually.

I like all kinds of wings.ย  Their traditional buffalo are pretty average, but I like their lemon pepper, which is one of my favorite, non-hot sauce based flavors.

But, I prefer sit-down wings over fast food.ย  Regardless, when I wanted wings fast, they were pretty quick.ย  So is Zaxby's, but they offer a bit more than Wing Stop on their menu.

Administrator ยท Posted
4 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Used to like wingstop until one day I ordered from them, bite into a boneless wing and it was half cooked. Never again.

Chipotle gave me food poisoning once, never again.ย 

Those are the only two Iโ€™ve ever sworn to never order againย 

I had a burrito from Fat Bastard Burrito with a staple in it. Took a while to be comfortable eating burritos again, not gonna lie.

13 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Good lord. No wonder the rest of the world makes fun of our weight.

Oh please, British people shouldn't lecture Americans about fast food or obesity. Chip shops and Indian joints serving chicken tikka masala (their national dish) all over the place, and they have their own fast food chains along with the American imports

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Oh please, British people shouldn't lecture Americans about fast food or obesity. Chip shops and Indian joints serving chicken tikka masala (their national dish) all over the place, and they have their own fast food chains along with the American imports

Well if you put my colleague and I next to each other, I'd reckon I'm in much better physical shape than she is, despite being about thirty pounds overweight.

Her daily food intake, a McDonald's McMuffin for breakfast, cheap processed food that the school serves the children for lunch, and then a few pastries and a chocolate milk for dinner. Throw in a latte and some cracker chip crisps if she's feeling peckish.

Then there's all the garbage fried street food that everyone here eats, often pulling similar antics to my colleague. I had an ex like that, I just couldn't really accept it, tbh.

So yeah, curries in the UK, fast food in the States, night markets in Asia.

I think some south American countries have obesity issues too, etc. So imo no one should be getting on their high horse on this particular issue, despite the fact that some of the sizes in the states do seem to be a bit much.

ย