IGNORED

What single game have you played to completion the most often?

I'm just not one to play game until I 100% them.  For much longer games, I won't even beat them and I've been that way my whole life.  This means that the games I've "played to completion" the most are rather inconsequential.  For any story driven game, I loved Final Fantasy Adventure so much, I know I've played it start to finish at least 3 times and maybe 4.

But, there are games like Anticipation that, for whatever reason, my brother and I turned into a speed-game.  We memorized the answers so as soon as we recognized what they answer should be, we'd tap in as fast as we could on the drawing game.  I hate to admit it but because of that I've probably played Anticipation 100+ times, and that's likely my answer.

Even games like SMB, which I'd play again and again, I never beat as a kid.  I'd always get to 8-1 and hand the controller to my brother and he'd beat it. In fact, I didn't beat it on my own (while cheating to do it too) until last year.  I wanted to play through the entire game with no warps and no in-game deaths, so I would save the game at the beginning of each stage and just run it until I got through. This wasn't for bragging rights.  I just wanted to complete one of my oldest and most memorable games and it took me nearly 35 years to do it.

• Like 1

I'm surprised how many people said RPGs.

I'm guessing most of mine were games I played as a kid and beat over and over, which would be one of the following:

SMB2

SMB3

Mega Man 2

Duck Tales 

Contra (had to use 30 lives code as a kid)

As an adult, Double Dragon 2 is my go-to game to beat for some quick fun.

• Like 3

Mine would be Street Fighter II, played it intensively for months when we got our SNES on Christmas, adjustable difficulty made me beat the game many times until I got to max difficulty, then the challenge was to beat it without losing a single round which took a while, beat it a few times on the arcade as well, then a few more times for a NA SNES Contest a few years ago, so yeah, nothing else comes close.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BreaKBeatZ said:

I'm guessing most of mine were games I played as a kid and beat over and over, which would be one of the following:

SMB2

SMB3

Mega Man 2

Duck Tales 

Contra (had to use 30 lives code as a kid)

As an adult, Double Dragon 2 is my go-to game to beat for some quick fun.

I think it's because I stumbled upon RPGs at a time in my life when I finally cared about the outcomes of games and really wanted to see everything. Honestly, as a kid playing NES, I only played for 30 minutes tops and had no delusion of ever beating any game.

Edited by DoctorEncore

47 minutes ago, BreaKBeatZ said:

Since I was something resembling a card carrying adult when I got my first console (SNES) and I liked strategy board games and fantasy/sci fi RPGS and SRPGS were a no brainer for me.  I much prefer to sit and ponder things rather than mash buttons continuously.

Shocker, but I think Ninja Gaiden III. It’s one of few games I can sit down and play through multiple times in one sitting.

Diablo II is probably up there if rushes count, meaning using my high level character to zap through the entire game and essentially let a group lower level players leech XP and quests.

I don’t think any childhood games compare. It feels like I beat Sonic 2 a million times but I never sat down and beat Sonic 2 four times in a row and tried to seriously improve at it. Time also seemed longer as a kid.

• Like 1