IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Ghosts 'n Goblins

BeaIank

13 hours ago, BeaIank said:

Eff this.
I may hook up a Raspberry PI and put together a run for this week to show you scrubs how it is done! 🤬

This would make an awesome end to the season. Also, if you did it early in the week, it may give me some clue as to what to do. Only played a few games, but I couldnt suck more if I tried.  

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

This would make an awesome end to the season. Also, if you did it early in the week, it may give me some clue as to what to do. Only played a few games, but I couldnt suck more if I tried.  

Wednesday or Thursday I will post a score.
This week started really bad.

5 hours ago, SuperJimtendo said:

I did pretty good last time we played this one but I dunno if I remember the stuff or not. Even if I do I'm not in the running. But I may just play for fun being the last week and all

3 hours ago, Richardhead said:

That’s funny. I’m not playing at all this week. Not a fan.

both of you are gonna play and your gonna like it. and im gonna win damn it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 10/20/2020 at 6:29 PM, Reed Rothchild said:
On 10/20/2020 at 4:53 PM, docile tapeworm said:

both of you are gonna play and your gonna like it. and im gonna win damn it.

Should I make an appearance and beat you down again?

Let the trash talk commence! - this is like the intro to a professional wrestling match, lol.

For a minute there, I thought nobody was gonna show up to the party..

YOU'VE ALL DISRESPECTED YADDA YADDA... MY HONOR, MY RIDE, MY POODLE ETC. AND NOW YER GONNA PAY THE PRICE ! ....

;9

Edited by PII
  • Haha 1

@bertsampson 

@Bearcat-Doug

@mbd39

hate to hear you guys are down right now.

wampie play these last few weeks from the heart my brother. its not a chore, your a back to back champ. playing on house $

meerkat you need a tourny win worse than me. 

mike get well soon 💪🏻 marble madness true skill

1 minute ago, docile tapeworm said:

@bertsampson 

@Bearcat-Doug

@mbd39

hate to hear you guys are down right now.

wampie play these last few weeks from the heart my brother. its not a chore, your a back to back champ. playing on house $

meerkat you need a tourny win worse than me. 

mike get well soon 💪🏻 marble madness true skill

Well, the score I posted was probably as good as I was going to get anyway. Hopefully I'll be good to go by tournament time. 

This is making me wish more than usual to get around to recording all of my runs.  I could have made a compilation of every time Arthur was brutally murdered in the most unfair manner imaginable.  A couple of times so far, I died due to the glitch purportedly caused by scrolling too fast.  Apparently, the program unaware whether Arthur is proceeding into safe territory or not opts for death, which, I suppose ought to be expected from this game.  Another time I had a last second kill where the ghost is basically overlapping Arthur and then another ghost IMMEDIATELY materializes in the EXACT SAME POSITION.  Not sure I've ever seen that before.  

Just noticed something interesting that I haven't seen anywhere in the online literature I've been perusing the last couple of days.  After beating the 2nd play-through the player has to select continue in order to access the 3rd (yet more harder) play-through.  It seems that how long you wait to hit continue determines what weapon you'll get to start with, or perhaps it's some other criteria, but I think it's this because I usually never wait, just continue right on, but it's happening now, I think because I'm taking the atypical break to photo and post before giving the 3rd play-through a go.  Just now it started me off with the torch and yesterday it had started me off with the knife.

At some point in the last few years someone online somewhere was talking about GNG increasing in difficulty through the 5th play-through and also claimed to have played it through 7 times.  I just now decided to access later play-throughs using the code and it seemed to be getting yet more difficult in terms of enemies speeding up, at least through the 10th or 11th play-through.  I was just giving the 1st level a run each time.  I went up to about 15 or 16 and enemy numbers were still changing.  For example on 13, 14, 15 the ghost knights flying like sine waves in the middle of the level numbered perhaps a dozen at a time, then on 16 they were suddenly back down to 3 in number, but everything else except for the ghosts was still lightening fast including the unicorn at the end.  The Birds would fly from one end of the screen to the other in a split second if I didn't kill them right off the tombstone....

Edited by PII
  • Like 1