IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

3 hours ago, spacepup said:

I do seriously also hope that we can take something good from this, as a sort of wake up call or breather to analyze how we are where we are and how we got to this point.  It's unsustainable for the division and animosity to continue to get worse, and I just hope that as the dust settles, that we see a lessening of the vitriol and inciting language and actions, from all angles.

I've heard liberal dems say that wake up call/breather stuff on tv and it has no basis in reality. 

The republican party is on a trajectory and has been. There is no wake up call/breather for these people. Obama said the same stuff after Bush was a terrible President, Biden was saying that after he won the election, and Pelosi was talking that stuff yesterday. 

Liberal democracts need to wake up amd stop following the trash Democrat leadership and giving a pass to the racist, terrorist acts we see from conservatives year after year.

1 hour ago, Hammerfestus said:

What makes you think it wasn’t a fair election?

Why will no one ever answer the god damn question?  Anyone?  If you’re going to stage a violent autogolpe based on this you had better have some sort of explanation better than a fish faced pedophile said so.

Edit: Who by the way very obviously has all the motive in the world to lie about this.  Which means that no one actually gives a shit about whether the election was in some way fraudulent.  It’s nothing more than a pretext to install a dictator whose policies support your cowardly insular world view.

edit edit:  horror die GIF

Edited by Hammerfestus
  • Like 3

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, The Strangest said:

There was a man breaching the Capitol wearing a Skittles jacket. This isn’t a political statement. I just want everyone to know that amongst all of the other goofy attire we saw, a man was breaching the Capitol wearing a red jacket with a rainbow and “Skittles” on the back of it.

I mean, look at the Boogaloo Boys' whole attire and mission statement.

Or how the Proud Boys are named after an Aladdin song. 

Or how anon became a major political force. 

Things stopped making sense long ago.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hammerfestus said:

What makes you think it wasn’t a fair election?

I'm not saying whether it was or it wasn't. What I am saying though is that as seen yesterday, a ton of people don't think it was a fair election, almost half of the country. That's a huge problem, in and of itself, that is the type of stuff that leads to situations like yesterday, we see it in the news all the time regarding foreign nations with corrupted and rigged elections.

5 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

White people aren't the minority/marginalized in the US, so by definition that's not a racist comment. Prejudiced maybe. 

So in a place such as Taiwan, it would be a racist comment then? I'm just curious, as I was told earlier by some folks (sorry I don't remember if it was you or others) that White racism doesn't exist.

• Haha 1

I saw this choice quote:

"Would Joe Biden be bad for Taiwan? “Oh definitely. He takes Communist money. And look at his son — he’s sick! He slept with his dead brother’s wife!”

I already was aware of the commie money bit, buy I'm curious about the second part.

• Wow! 1

Editorials Team · Posted
22 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I'm not saying whether it was or it wasn't. What I am saying though is that as seen yesterday, a ton of people don't think it was a fair election, almost half of the country. That's a huge problem, in and of itself, that is the type of stuff that leads to situations like yesterday, we see it in the news all the time regarding foreign nations with corrupted and rigged elections.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is because their God Emperor has been telling them this for two months, 100x a day.

And like with any cult, his word is gospel.

• Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted
6 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I saw this choice quote:

"Would Joe Biden be bad for Taiwan? “Oh definitely. He takes Communist money. And look at his son — he’s sick! He slept with his dead brother’s wife!”

I already was aware of the commie money bit, buy I'm curious about the second part.

It's good to know that stupidity, gullibility, and naivety are a part of the human condition, and not just limited to America.

• Like 3

Editorials Team · Posted

You know, I've been thinking about it, and there is a silver lining to the last month.

Not only did Trump single-handedly sink Georgia's GOP, he's set the national GOP back years.  He's also undermined destroyed his own legacy, which means a significant number of conservatives are gonna rethink the path the party was on.  It was gonna be the Trump party.  Now he's brought that back into question.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

You know, I've been thinking about it, and there is a silver lining to the last month.

Not only did Trump single-handedly sink Georgia's GOP, he's set the national GOP back years.  He's also undermined destroyed his own legacy, which means a significant number of conservatives are gonna rethink the path the party was on.  It was gonna be the Trump party.  Now he's brought that back into question.

Which policies of Trumps do you think were different than the Republican party's before he arrived?

Edited by Californication

*sighs* All I will say is that those involved in yesterday's insurrection are neurotypical people who are at fault for also being emotional thinkers. Which is fine when it comes to simple things, but not past that point.

Which has a history that includes the Roman government's attempt at vilifying Jesus Christ, Pope Urban II's many claims at the start of the first Crusade, Poland's treatment of Jews prior to Adolf Hitler's "Make Germany Great Again" campaign, and more. Much more. Which adds to my reasons why I want to move. 😩

I can say more, but I am surprised that nobody has brought up the fact that John Bolton was slammed by Adam Schiff for the fact that he said nothing about Donald Trump asking China to help him win the 2020 election. It is something that was referenced in his book, but he was amazingly silent while Trump falsely claimed that Biden was "pro-China".

Here is the link I found in regards to that claim: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-bolton-book/trump-asked-china-to-help-him-win-in-2020-offered-favors-to-dictators-bolton-says-idUSKBN23O3B7

26 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

How exactly is this a good thing? 

Editorials Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Lawyers: Okay, now you may have truly done something we won't be able to squirm out of.

Trump: Well, fuck this President shit.  Abandon ship, we need to save my hide.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ChickenTendas said:

Better late than never, I guess. Hopefully this means that his followers will admit defeat and move on with their lives 🤞

They've treated his word as gospel for the past 4 years, so it would make 0 sense if they just did a 180 here.

It took awhile, but they eventually threw Dubya under the bus.

Same thing will happen to Trump. A couple of years from now, they'll be saying "I never voted for that asshole," all the while hiding their MAGA gear. Mark my words.

• Like 3