IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - KUNG FU!!!

BeaIank

I don't much like racking the points on the dragons, and would make for a boring game if I didn't actually attempt to make some progress so did it the way I usually do when playing, keep moving forward, jump kick every 12th glomper when I happen to be able to, only pausing for a little bit after defeating each boss to get a few extra points in before making way up to next floor. Messed up a lot on the 3rd floor, that's when things start getting tough, harder to get in those extra 5000 bonus points for that special glomper jump kick kill. I lucked out I think on the magicien on the 4th floor, thought for sure I was going to have a game over on him.

1740328937_2020-3-1KungFu-GameB-score202210.thumb.JPG.2374b83384f98bc5db40a8035f83da51.JPG

• Like 1

Yeah, if one is really good maybe you can get a really good score just on steadily progressing and getting that 5000 bonus when given the chance, but is so difficult once on the third floor with all the little fellows trying to grab at your legs and more knife throwers. I think the rules are fine as is. Point rack on dragons, sacrificing lives to get tons of points early on, or push forward and get those bonuses, or combo attack, take advantage of it all, if you are super awesome you can make those sacrifices on the racking of the dragons and then also gain those bonuses from the grabbing guys. There is plenty of room for pushing the scores higher.

Note that I get a lot of points just pressing on the first stage. Stage 5 is lucrative as well.

I haven't tried pressing the dragons but I don't like the first part of stage 2. It's too dangerous and often unfair and I just want to get through it.

8 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Note that I get a lot of points just pressing on the first stage. Stage 5 is lucrative as well.

I haven't tried pressing the dragons but I don't like the first part of stage 2. It's too dangerous and often unfair and I just want to get through it.

i agree 1st floor 2nd floor and 5th floor can all be pressed for points. 

i guess i mean having to purge lives unnecessarily (because a rule change could fix it) seems... like why are we doing that?

Edited by skinnygrinny

Well, plus side about this game, the timer ticks down pretty quickly and enemies are aggressive and constant, so there's only so much grinding one can do, which is not for very long. I actually have a hard time with the whole dragon area, two hits by snakes and dead, very dangerous, so it's not like it's a cheap method, there is some balance in the game regarding gaining points at least. Take risk with deadly snakes to kill dragons, or count attacks with the jump kick bonus on the grabbers who don't do as much damage but come at you fast and many times in groups with each other or other foes.