IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - KUNG FU!!!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted
7 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Are we allowed to use all of our lives to max out our scores or is it a one life contest too?

I thought this was going to be a 1-life contest too, to avoid the spoiling lives part (we all know where it would be done, right?).

Guys, what is your opinion on this? It is not too late to amend the rules.

10 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

I thought this was going to be a 1-life contest too, to avoid the spoiling lives part (we all know where it would be done, right?).

Guys, what is your opinion on this? It is not too late to amend the rules.

Everyone is going to be burning their lives on the second floor which basically makes it a one life contest so I think the rules are good as is. 

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Everyone is going to be burning their lives on the second floor which basically makes it a one life contest so I think the rules are good as is. 

LOL, it doesn't 'make it' a 1-life contest.

My main concern is that if spoiling lives on stage 2 is a factor in the scores, it will inject a lot of luck into the mix as you will heavily rely on what enemies pop up while point pressing during 3 full lives. I know for sure the result of point pressing in stage 2 can fluctuate by 20kish points per life.

I don't mind either ways, I just want to say it like it is honestly.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

LOL, it doesn't 'make it' a 1-life contest.

My main concern is that if spoiling lives on stage 2 is a factor in the scores, it will inject a lot of luck into the mix as you will heavily rely on what enemies pop up while point pressing during 3 full lives. I know for sure the result of point pressing in stage 2 can fluctuate by 20kish points per life.

I don't mind either ways, I just want to say it like it is honestly.

It doesn't literally make it a one life contest, but I'm guessing everyone will do what I did and burn their lives on the second floor and try to clear the next three on their last life. A one life contest would make for quicker runs, but you're still going to get the luck of the draw factor with the point heavy second floor.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It doesn't literally make it a one life contest, but I'm guessing everyone will do what I did and burn their lives on the second floor and try to clear the next three on their last life. A one life contest would make for quicker runs, but you're still going to get the luck of the draw factor with the point heavy second floor.

That's my whole point, it will make for MUCH LESS luck factor in.

54 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Not me. I hate the second floor. I just try to survive it.

4 minutes ago, SuperJimtendo said:

The rules are fine. We're all seasoned veterans. This is what we do. Let's take a orange out of Bearcats boys playbook and do some cowboy shit. Play it how it is. Jimbo has spoken 

it seems uh idk what the word is but what is the reason to purge lives if we can eliminate having to do so while making the contest less luck based?