IGNORED

What are you drinking?

Reed Rothchild

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 12:31 PM, FireHazard51 said:

I'm heading to North Carolina for the weekend.  When I stop by a gas station is the a local beer I should be looking for?  @Reed Rothchild@RH

I don't drink alcohol, but around here there are quite a few boutique whiskey distilleries. Maybe look into that? I'm honestly no help.

• Sad 1

I'm heading to North Carolina for the weekend.  When I stop by a gas station is the a local beer I should be looking for?  @Reed Rothchild@RH

Can't go wrong with anything made in Asheville. The water and climate make it an ideal brewing town. Same thing goes for any beer brewed on the Blue Ridge trail, especially Devil's Backbone. Devil's Backbone makes, in my opinion, the best beer on the east coast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wicked Weed, Foothills, and NoDa are all very well regarded in NC. Anything you get from them should be decent. I've traveled the country extensively and I think the craft brew here is among the best.

• Thanks 1

@FireHazard51

Ah, I might have a contribution, though it's not near the interstates.  Sierra Nevada made a new brewery here in NC, I think near Hendersonville. Now, I know they are big enough to be distributed across the US and not "local", but going to the brewery is actually quite amazing. They built it with an extensive museum and the entire production line flanks a high, glass-windowed hallway so you can see everything.

However, the best part  (well, to my wife and I) is the attached restaurant. The food is AMAZING gastro-pub fair! If you're into "all things beer and food", definitely check the place out online and then decide if it's worth the diversion. I recommend it though. I was amazed and enjoyed the experience, even though I don't know the first thing about beer.

• Like 4

On 1/31/2021 at 9:09 AM, Kguillemette said:

Can't go wrong with anything made in Asheville. The water and climate make it an ideal brewing town. Same thing goes for any beer brewed on the Blue Ridge trail, especially Devil's Backbone. Devil's Backbone makes, in my opinion, the best beer on the east coast.

My uncle lives there, I had a great time going beer tasting with him, so many quality brews.

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted

I like how all the recommendations come in AFTER I left....I totally should of asked well before I left for Ashville.  I'm 100% going to go back just to do a brew tasting weekend once COVID goes away.  Cincinnati is a big brewing city so I'd love to visit another brew city.  Great water is key for sure.  Cincinnati pulls water from the Ohio River 🤢 but our water treatment is one of the best in the country so we have a lot of drinks bottled here.  If you ever drink a Coke's water brand, Dasani, you'll likely see it was made in Cincinnati.  Greater Cincinnati Water Works has been around for over 200 years! https://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/sites/water/assets/File/Historical Timeline_Updated for Media_2_2019.pdf 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Soma said:

I've been seriously battling the urge to drink a lot lately - sorry to be a killjoy, but this is maybe the only community I have to tell that to. Haven't in 6 years going on 7 for context I guess

Don't feel like a killjoy!! congrats on staying sober dude! that's a solid amount of time, you are stronger than a lot of other people. You got this.

If you want a sliver of something to keep you away, hangovers are much much worse with age. 

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

Seven years is a great accomplishment. Stick with it, friend.

27 minutes ago, drxandy said:

Don't feel like a killjoy!! congrats on staying sober dude! that's a solid amount of time, you are stronger than a lot of other people. You got this.

If you want a sliver of something to keep you away, hangovers are much much worse with age. 

Thank y'all for your encouragement - sad to say this but I don't have anyone to really tell me this. I've been kind of struggling lately. Thank you again for the kind words

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Soma said:

Thank y'all for your encouragement - sad to say this but I don't have anyone to really tell me this. I've been kind of struggling lately. Thank you again for the kind words

I'm a little late to this thread, but I'm proud of the dedication you've shown to staying sober. You took what (maybe?) was a problem, and made a commitment to stay away from it. Almost 7 years of that commitment no less. That's a true accomplishment right there, good work!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hardstyletoaster said:

I'm a little late to this thread, but I'm proud of the dedication you've shown to staying sober. You took what (maybe?) was a problem, and made a commitment to stay away from it. Almost 7 years of that commitment no less. That's a true accomplishment right there, good work!

Thanks man - I really take that to heart

• Like 1