IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

On 8/1/2020 at 9:56 AM, KokiriChild said:

Actually had a vendor rant to me at work yesterday that masks actually cause COVID more than they stop it because it makes you breathe in your own out-breathe.

Is that anything like how it was thought airbags hurt/kill more people than they save...but that was only because they're meant to be used in addition to seat belts, not in place of.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 8:54 AM, Bearcat-Doug said:

Yeah, this approach wasn't working.

spacer.png

Maybe it would if he was wearing one and showing a good example like ALL good leaders need to do?  That includes not just politicians but teachers, parents, and so on.

On 8/1/2020 at 7:48 AM, JamesRobot said:

sXeLFft.jpg

Back in 1982 (not to be confused with the Randy Travis song) the internet/social media was still about 20-25 years away!  I know I say this like a broken record or MP3 file or whatever but the difference between today's world and the pre-Internet world cannot be understated.

Doing anything like that today would "break the Internet" so to speak.

Editorials Team · Posted
On 8/3/2020 at 7:34 AM, arch_8ngel said:

More like, if we could convince science deniers that it isn't all a political stunt.

To understand America we must quote the eternally wise ICP

And I don't wanna talk to a scientist
Y'all motherfuckers lying, and getting me pissed

• Haha 1

At the end of the day, people are selfish, ignorant assholes.

I was at the post office yesterday, in government facilities they have a machine that checks your temperature, also it's required to wear masks. As a foreigner, I always try to put my mask on when entering a shop, whether required or not, as I don't feel like being called out or want people to give me dirty looks.

However, just yesterday, for example, I saw many locals bypass the temp check, and many also *not* wearing masks, probably the same group. Social distancing used to be the same situation, most of the foreigners here would do it, likely not wanting to be chastised , whereas a large proportion of locals simply refused it.

It doesn't matter where you're from, it's just hard to get people to buy into the necessity to follow the requirements, even more so when it's become political. As I mentioned earlier, people just don't care about others, and are ignorant assholes.

Then it's up to all of us to do the right thing.  Don't focus so much on how many are not doing it right...concentrate instead on yourself and urging as many others as you can to do what needs to be done.  Every little bit helps.

I don't know about the rest of you but from the very start of all this I was taking no chance...even if you don't exactly die from it, going through the whole Cornholio virus thing (he we did early on need TP for our bungholes because of it right? 😄 ) does NOT sound fun. 😞 

Edited by Estil

https://nypost.com/2020/08/03/hundreds-gather-for-secret-rave-under-nycs-kosciuszko-bridge/

An illicit rave took place under the Kosciuszko Bridge in Brooklyn Saturday night, as bars and clubs remain on lockdown from the coronavirus...The DJ did not respond to a request for comment. The organizers could not immediately be reached.

As long as authorities let people get away with this, it's going to continue to happen. This puts all of us at risk. "Funny thing", many young and/or dumb people don't think it's a big deal,  because there is not noticeable sign. During the plague you had horrible blemishes appear all over your body - now if this virus was say not even deadly, but caused you to horribly break out in pimples... well, I bet all these assholes would be social distancing like their lives depended on it (irony is interesting)...

Screenshot from 2020-08-04 22-19-45.png

• Like 3

On 8/4/2020 at 10:24 PM, avatar! said:

https://nypost.com/2020/08/03/hundreds-gather-for-secret-rave-under-nycs-kosciuszko-bridge/

An illicit rave took place under the Kosciuszko Bridge in Brooklyn Saturday night, as bars and clubs remain on lockdown from the coronavirus...The DJ did not respond to a request for comment. The organizers could not immediately be reached.

As long as authorities let people get away with this, it's going to continue to happen. This puts all of us at risk. "Funny thing", many young and/or dumb people don't think it's a big deal,  because there is not noticeable sign. During the plague you had horrible blemishes appear all over your body - now if this virus was say not even deadly, but caused you to horribly break out in pimples... well, I bet all these assholes would be social distancing like their lives depended on it (irony is interesting)...

Oh the hypocrisy!

"Last week, Gov. Andrew Cuomo blasted a weekend Hamptons concert headlined by The Chainsmokers where 3,000 attendees openly flouted coronavirus social distancing rules.

“We have no tolerance for the illegal & reckless endangerment of public health,” the governor said about the outdoor concert."

5 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Oh the hypocrisy!

"Last week, Gov. Andrew Cuomo blasted a weekend Hamptons concert headlined by The Chainsmokers where 3,000 attendees openly flouted coronavirus social distancing rules.

“We have no tolerance for the illegal & reckless endangerment of public health,” the governor said about the outdoor concert."

Overall, I think Cuomo responded to the virus better than a bunch of the red states, but I still feel like his response is over-rated. And he def. fucked up multiple times.

On 8/4/2020 at 9:24 PM, avatar! said:

Wow, I didn't know you really COULD have whiskey under the bridge! 😄 

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:
2 hours ago, Silent Hill said:

Oh the hypocrisy!

?

Blasting this outdoor "rave" (which apparently was a BLM protest that "spiraled out of hand") , dispersing funerals, limiting/shutting down places of religion, etc. all while encouraging BLM protests is hypocritical IMO. Maybe protesting is covered under your rights, but attending a funeral or church isn't? Clearly he's been a bit selective when it comes to enforcing COVID protocols. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Welp, no MAC football this year.

Not a surprise after they lost all their Power 5 annual beatings they're paid to take.   No point in having a season after that.

Cincinnati just lost two more non conference games then. I'm not sure why the AAC isn't going to a 10 game conference only schedule like the others.