IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

30 minutes ago, zeppelin03 said:

I was expecting a bit more from the governor's conference today.  Guess we will keep going in the same direction for a bit.  As long as nothing goes too crazy. I'm almost out of toilet paper.

I wasn't expecting a rambling, awkward pep talk either, but that's what we got.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OptOut said:

W00T!

Taiwanese Trump bucks are in!

IMG20200716213321.thumb.jpg.dc0f76a90a8bb40a10ae45e42bea76b5.jpg

These are actually coupons, but they are worth the face value in cash. Gonna buy some new curtains for my school! 🙂

Yeah, tax-paying foreign residents that aren't married to Taiwanense aren't eligible for those.

Buying curtains for your school? Wait, since when did you have a school? That's news to me.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Doctornick said:

I feel like this is his way of trying to not get blamed while we head off the rails.  Pretty spineless of Dewine, I had a lot of respect for him in March and it's pretty much gone now.

Thought you might have an opinion on this after last night's pep talk. 

https://www.wcpo.com/news/coronavirus/local-health-officials-more-ohioans-wearing-masks-in-public-will-flatten-covid-19-curve

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I thought it was pretty weak of Dewine to do that, basically removing himself from the blame if people don't listen.   I guess we can wait and see, at least a lot of stores are requiring masks regardless of location which is a good start.

6 minutes ago, Doctornick said:

I thought it was pretty weak of Dewine to do that, basically removing himself from the blame if people don't listen.   I guess we can wait and see, at least a lot of stores are requiring masks regardless of location which is a good start.

Kroger and Wal-Mart are starting. The Dollar General here already did. I see more of an issue in resteraunts than stores. People aren't wearing masks and the places aren't forcing the issue because their business is already down so they won't turn people away.

Administrator · Posted

1 minute ago, arch_8ngel said:

Better?

Much.

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Kroger and Wal-Mart are starting. The Dollar General here already did. I see more of an issue in resteraunts than stores. People aren't wearing masks and the places aren't forcing the issue because their business is already down so they won't turn people away.

With restaurants they may need to rely more on barriers and distancing than masks anyway, with people taking them off for eating and whatnot.

1 minute ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Much.

With restaurants they may need to rely more on barriers and distancing than masks anyway, with people taking them off for eating and whatnot.

Honestly I think it's pointless in bars/ restaurants since people (maybe) wear them for the 10-15 seconds it takes them to sit down before they take them off. Like you said most of them have the tables/chairs spread out anyway, so I don't think it really does any good.

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Honestly I think it's pointless in bars/ restaurants since people (maybe) wear them for the 10-15 seconds it takes them to sit down before they take them off. Like you said most of them have the tables/chairs spread out anyway, so I don't think it really does any good.

Restaurants need to close and only do take out or pick up. Sitting down in a restaurant right now is a recipe for covid disaster. If one patron has covid and a waitress or waiter serves that person, then goes around to other tables without sanitizing, it could spread without you as a patron ever coming into direct contact with the person who has covid.

Edited by Rhino
  • Like 2

A lot of people talk and chew with their mouth open too. 

How did I ever go anywhere before this virus? Everything is so disgusting. 

I spent so many sweaty nasty hours at concerts and venues. Getting whipped in the face by some skanker’s wet dreadlocks, or in a crazy pit. Then I would take BART (our subway/train/monorail thing in Bayarea) public transit home. Think of all the COVID -1 thru 18 I had on me 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Rhino said:

Restaurants need to close and only do take out or pick up. Sitting down in a restaurant right now is a recipe for covid disaster. If one patron has covid and a waitress or waiter serves that person, then goes around to other tables without sanitizing, it could spread without you as a patron ever coming into direct contact with the person who has covid.

I think waitstaff still has to wear masks?   (At least in Ohio they do)   Which would mitigate some of that spread, but I do see your point.

23 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Saw this today.

109712628_10157623184773635_2300546927251017103_n.jpg

I like this. I am very fortunate to have a job where I am free to do whatever the fuck I want and say whatever the fuck I want. Customers don’t get to be assholes to me without repercussions. I will be just as much or more of an asshole back to them. I’m also very fortunate that I can physically defend myself. 
I feel bad for the people that can do neither. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I like this. I am very fortunate to have a job where I am free to do whatever the fuck I want and say whatever the fuck I want. Customers don’t get to be assholes to me without repercussions. I will be just as much or more of an asshole back to them. I’m also very fortunate that I can physically defend myself. 
I feel bad for the people that can do neither. 

I too get to enjoy the freedom of telling patients how it is as long as I don't curse.  You wouldn't believe how many people who don't wear masks come in with shortness of breath and a fever.  It's like a freaking comedy show, but actually very sad.