IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2020 - 677/677 (All Clear!)

scaryice

3 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Nice @Elkovsky! So how long did that actually take to beat?

After doing Mode 1 in June, I had tried 9-Ball a handful of times but never really got anywhere, and I beat one of the sports modes. As for everything else, all of my completions (including a replay of soccer to get a proper screenshot) were in the span of about four hours yesterday, and before that, I spent maybe an hour or two (might have been more) on 9-Ball in the late evening on December 10.

So six months with a long gap in there, but everything other than Mode 1 was more or less in a 24-hour period with some sleep in the middle.

On 12/12/2020 at 1:18 AM, Elkovsky said:

Okay, so I started Michael Andretti's World GP, and, um... whoa man. I was *not* expecting an NES racing game with a learning curve. I'm honestly not sure if I have the time for this right now; even if I kept at it over most of the break, I'm not sure if I'd be able to finish this before the end of the year. Not to let everyone down or anything...

One thing that saves a lot of time, apparently, is that you can just end the qualifying early once you have a good lap by pressing select. You could probably just look up the times on a playthrough to see what is needed.

Edited by scaryice

2 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

How about Bases Loaded @bronzeshield @NESfiend? Is it time for a backup plan 🙂

Backup plan my butt -- I'm over 50 wins!

It'll get done. It's now at the point where I could marathon the remaining games in a single day if I had to, but I'm trying to stick to getting a couple games in at a time during long phone calls and bad TV shows. 😄 It really is that mindless and devoid of challenge -- with the right pitcher, you absolutely can't lose.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/12/2020 at 6:59 AM, scaryice said:

Technically, it's fine as long as someone #1: is a member of the site, and #2: beat the game this year. Although, how many people in the entire world do you think have beaten the game already this year? It can't be more than, I dunno, 10.

I was half joking / half serious.  I don't know anyone who's played this game.  I just figured it was an idea worth throwing out there once I thought about it being the one and only leftover at the stroke of midnight on 1/1/21.

7 hours ago, PII said:

I was half joking / half serious.  I don't know anyone who's played this game.  I just figured it was an idea worth throwing out there once I thought about it being the one and only leftover at the stroke of midnight on 1/1/21.

Did anyone beat it last year? There has to be someone on here that can beat it in the next two weeks.

So for Michael Andretti, do we have to win with most points on all 9 levels (16 courses each = 144 courses)? Or is it enough to just get the most points on level 1 (16 courses once)? Manual says: "In order to win the title of Grand Prix Champion for a particular level, you must gain more points than any of the other GP racers." which seems to indicate the ending is the same no matter what level you beat? But I don't know how this works...

Edited by WashYourFace

10 minutes ago, WashYourFace said:

So for Michael Andretti, do we have to win with most points on all 9 levels (16 courses each = 144 courses)? Or is it enough to just get the most points on level 1 (16 courses once)? Manual says: "In order to win the title of Grand Prix Champion for a particular level, you must gain more points than any of the other GP racers." which seems to indicate the ending is the same no matter what level you beat? But I don't know how this works...

You don't appear to get an ending/credits until you beat the last one.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:33 AM, Bearcat-Doug said:

Did anyone beat it last year? There has to be someone on here that can beat it in the next two weeks.

i beat it a few years ago it's really a pain it would definitely take me more than 2 weeks to finish it, bea beat it before and she never has trouble with any game so

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted

I ain't got anything better to do this weekend and the next, so I will get rid of Michael Andretti's World Grand Prix for you guys.

I will do it during my programming breaks.

image.png.3a42f5344927c20fec66fe1e206e2d8e.png

2 seasons done. Ugh. This game is BORING!
I will resume tomorrow to try to make it to season 5.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted

On season 9 now.
I will shower, get some food and end this thing!
Edit:

This bloody, awful, irritating game has fallen. TO HELL WITH IT. Michael Andretti World GP is DEAD.
I need more vodka.
image.png.cb3cfcd923a45685064209c317af6b94.png

Now someone beat Bases Loaded already so my sacrifice won't be for naught.

• Like 6
  • Wow! 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BeaIank said:

This bloody, awful, irritating game has fallen. TO HELL WITH IT. Michael Andretti World GP is DEAD.
I need more vodka.

This one probably should have been the last game.  Maybe next year the person who takes out that one game that no one else dares to gets a free bottle of Vodka....??

Nice going, that was faaaaaast