IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

I don't have a picture of it, but I dropped a whole $3 at goodwill yesterday.  $1 got me a UK release plush Sonic the Hedgehog, seems it was some premium prize plush colored/modeled after the Sonic 1/2 model character in light blue and thankfully it's spotless and still has its tags.  Another $2 got me a nice pristine copy of Wario Ware for Wii.  Obviously not impressive like the few posts above, but I'm pleased.

It took me time to figure out sonic, had to look into ebay worldwide to track it down and it appears it's like an up to $30 plushie which surprised me.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jicsan said:

This thing is great.  I want to get one of those flash cards that can play Sega CD for mine next.

Everything I've seen I'd have to agree.  Honestly I'd like to have one, but I haven't the time to dig into the systems I have and barely use my mom's christmas gift of the mini Genesis as it is and I like that too.  It's a solid device all around, not sure if it ever got jailbroken not that it really needs it.

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

not sure if it ever got jailbroken not that it really needs it.

It did.  You can play Genesis, Master System, Game Gear, SG-1000, and ColecoVision off an SD card.

You can also hook it up to a Sega CD and play physical Sega CD games that way.  If you have the Analogue DAC, you can hook up your 32X to it and play 32X games (but I don't have the DAC or a 32X so I've never done that).

43 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I friend of mine game me this copy of Crazy Climber as a finders fee for helping him go car shopping and setting up the sale for him. It's a really nice copy and one of the few I've looking for.

853029596_IMG_20200806_0931132.thumb.jpg.004dc96816c7a2a47e1c71b4dbc119f9.jpg

That's pretty cool.  There was a time when I used to do things like that for friends.  I'm one of those people who actually enjoys shopping for cars and negotiating on prices, so I was happy to help people out with that kind of stuff.  

• Like 1

I'm not sure where to put this, so I'm going to throw it here.  This is so bad, but so up my alley, I might actually bid on this...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Mario-Land-In-Space-Hand-Painted-/114340379508?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

So, no, it might not be in my collection but for $13 shipped, I might have to do it.  Maybe.

4 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

That's pretty cool.  There was a time when I used to do things like that for friends.  I'm one of those people who actually enjoys shopping for cars and negotiating on prices, so I was happy to help people out with that kind of stuff.  

'm the same way. I know people find it a pain to look for cars but I really enjoy it. He offered me $50 but I knew he had some Atari games he'd been holding onto so I figured why not try to get the loot instead lol

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I friend of mine game me this copy of Crazy Climber as a finders fee for helping him go car shopping and setting up the sale for him. It's a really nice copy and one of the few I've looking for.

853029596_IMG_20200806_0931132.thumb.jpg.004dc96816c7a2a47e1c71b4dbc119f9.jpg

That is awesome!  This game has become quite expensive to get.  I wish I had ordered it back in the day! 

• Thanks 1

Let's get physical! Finally got a copy of Ring Fit Adventure and a couple reprints of the MGS Legacy Collection for PS3 (message me if you need one).

IMG_20200808_135302.thumb.jpg.d6802d337086a62611eec793fbc72ef8.jpg

Also grabbed the Lego NES and the box is enormous (compare to Ring Fit above)! I think it will make a really cool companion piece to my collection. The Lego Mario is more for my son, but I've heard good things there as well.

IMG_20200808_135544.thumb.jpg.2c51952be8676b8aefb42ede9cf024d3.jpg

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 7

Just had an absolute find for a STEAL. The guy I bought 2 sealed PS2's and a sealed Darth Vader PSP from hit me up again and sold me his Nintendo stuff along with the big hitters of his sealed PS2 collection. Got everything in the picture for $1415. Here's more pics. https://imgur.com/gallery/xypfQ6s everything on the PS2 side is brand new and sealed except for the last 4.

Unfortunately Skygunner, Tales of Legendia, and Atelier Iris 2 had some damage to their seals but not complaining. Especially with the God Hand, Xeno 3, and Def Jam find.

1227266505_1-bw2uvqc.thumb.jpg.ab5c558a48ffbccdef5b9a685a42a718.jpg

• Like 7

I don't have any pics much but I do have what I think was a fairly impressive run of things in the last 48 hours.

Yesterday I was able to score yet another local 2DS, no charger, no stylus, with 4GB memory card still and a loose copy of Code of Princess with a black and blue trim handheld for $10 (+50 cents to get the lockout pin removed.) 😛  But also that day I nailed down the original Nintendo Pokemon Strategy guide with intact stickers and the old owner left a fold out 1999 pokemon calendar in there too along with this Japanese magazine size manga of King of Fighters 97 for about $20.  Paid also $2/ea for Carnival Games Wii and Neverending Story on blu-ray.  And the book store had these wicked 40 year old Be An Interplanetary Spy books (#1 and 3) strangely intact as they're meant to be folded, drawn in and even cut up paperbacks that are panel comic art versions with puzzles for choose your own adventure style stuff for $5ea (worth like 3x that.)

Then today, maybe you saw my run to Meijer for new games cheap thread, but I paid $10ea instead of $40 for sealed up 3DS games of Metroid and Kirby  Extra Epic Yarn.  Mid-last week though I did find an immaculate complete copy of Wii Wario Ware too for $2 as well.  July was a dry month but August has been friendly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jicsan said:

What's this?

Nintendo has a service where you pay .50cents on  your card (mainly there just to verify it's you as it required a CC only, no paypal etc) and you can get a master code off your device, it gives a response PIN, and it removes the parental lockout.  VERY handy if you forget, or buy a system second hand and it's locked out.  Nintendo being all picky locks down not just the system but internet access (including the ability to system factory reset) with a PIN in the way and this site removes the PIN entirely.

Works for Switch, 2DS/3DS, WiiU, Wii, and DSi.

https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/assets/pin.jsp

• Like 1

@Tanooki

Oh, that's what I thought you meant. Didn't know about the 50 cent thing though. 

Next time you have a parental lock on one try this site https://mkey.salthax.org/ 

Enter in the inquiry number (get it by telling the DS you forgot the password and secret question), just make sure the date matches, this site will generate a master unlock for it so you can change/remove the PIN.  It works on DSi/3DS/Wii/Wii U and doesn't cost anything.

• Like 2

Ahh didn't know that existed.  Either way I'll bookmark it.  Not like 50cents is a bad thing, but hey free is free.  Right now I'm doing mental gymnastics over getting a New 2DS XL or sticking with the 2DS I found recently.  Not into collecting it, but having it as a tester with a few fun finds here and there isn't an issue either.  But what is, stupidly saving to hardware, not the game itself so I don't want to start something I can't finish. 😛

13 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Nintendo has a service where you pay .50cents on  your card (mainly there just to verify it's you as it required a CC only, no paypal etc) and you can get a master code off your device, it gives a response PIN, and it removes the parental lockout.  VERY handy if you forget, or buy a system second hand and it's locked out.  Nintendo being all picky locks down not just the system but internet access (including the ability to system factory reset) with a PIN in the way and this site removes the PIN entirely.

Works for Switch, 2DS/3DS, WiiU, Wii, and DSi.

https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/assets/pin.jsp

12 hours ago, Jicsan said:

@Tanooki

Oh, that's what I thought you meant. Didn't know about the 50 cent thing though. 

I remember getting charged 50 cents for something related to setting up my son's Nintendo account.  I don't remember exactly what it was, but it happened when I upgraded from the normal online service to the family service.  I remember being kind of annoyed at first until I understood what it was for.  

• Like 1