IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Here is my pickups for the last few months. Space Megaforce and Nosferatu where off of eBay. R-Type was from a local game store the game was complete and also came with two extra Sega Master System Controllers. The New Nintendo 3DS XL was a great deal at a pawn shop, he threw in a first party charger and Pokemon X for free.

I've been playing Space Megaforce and R-Type lately both are really fun games.

R-Type is one of the best games I've played on Master System definitely worth checking out if you like 8-bit shmups.

d3674ea4-1713-4605-ac0f-977df9621d26.thumb.jpg.47790d3cd22db665bf6e3943d543d841.jpg6ef013b6-e8de-4258-9083-862a6379f18c.thumb.jpg.35711362cb4e67fc50071c9c71f875a7.jpg

d6fdb51a-cb8f-41bb-97ec-4cdd9b6a1a76.thumb.jpg.d2f5157e8fe782a696474fa8e70fa39a.jpg5de4ece3-a3e3-461b-93e6-606501ed7c35.thumb.jpg.4613f3198541708dc2ba5707cb9e5266.jpg9f3e7344-1e54-4180-b20a-af60b7ad3cd9.thumb.jpg.f4f34b1741c13443b2c31b58ea0b9131.jpg 

• Like 6

It happened again, week and a half later and I'm up to now 3 GBA SP 101s.  This one though is like the Hobo Advance SP given how it looks.

I bought this off a spanish speaker in town here, and yes if you see there up top, that is a European Nintendo OEM power adapter too.  I'm guessing perhaps it came from Spain or something given who I was talking with.  What got me interested in this one was the fact it's a cobbled mess of colors and other colors.  There's the graphite colored top part, the bottom appears red but in the cracks, corners, around lettering and switches it's actually gold, and then the blue battery door tossed on there.  The game in the slot it came with was Zelda 4 Swords (US copy, legit) all for $50 which is fine by me.

I've got plans for this.  I put a multi-seller part order in earlier on ebay.  This one is getting a nice red shell, also got a pearl pink one from the same vendor(starwander) for the scuffed pink one I already had, and when handheld legend opens up in another day I'll try their sky blue out and hope it's a match for pearl blue.  Also ordered a DSI touch panel to fix one of those systems I've had lying about for like six months to make it right.  Also same order got my kid a 2 pack of oem black DSLite stylus (she keeps losing them) and I found an original style GBA ac adapter grossly under priced so I snagged that as well. 😄

Anyone want to even try and speculate on this gameboy?  And yeah despite how bad it looks, it works perfectly though the ports in back look a bit worn(they work) makes me wonder if it got wet or something.

gbasp101may25.jpg

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, drxandy said:

^ that gb has seen some shit haha

Maybe a combo of broken ones to make one working?

I wish I had a clue, I figured I'd ask around but facebook and here so far are a blank.  It's a mystery I can not solve, but the owner seemed fairly clueless of such things unless it was the language barrier in play.  I can't complain, Zelda is like a $20 game so the Hobo Advance SP 101 was only $30.  It works great, worth far more in parts and even as is too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jicsan said:

This game is very cool in 3D.  Sometimes I feel I'm the only one who plays 3DS in 3D.  Glad to know there are some others out there. 🙂 

I know! I would play most games at least on the lowest 3D "strength" level. It just made games pop. I hope Nintendo hasn't abandoned glasses-free 3D as I think the 3DS was the start of something great.

• Like 1

I’m back with more pickups!

904AEC32-C797-4F0D-933C-7AD4FAB348B9.jpeg

Got XC2 Torna in a GameStop sale, really wanted to snag this one at retail so it would come with the DLC and at $25 it felt like a steal. Transistor was on sale at Best Buy, also $25. Gorogoa I imported from VideoGamesPlus in Canada, free shipping and it came with the poster which was supposed to be exclusive to iam8bit. And Dimension Drive I found through Mercari. 

This next one is a big one for me...

96E2F70F-CF31-4823-8FDD-57273732539A.jpeg

I had Half Genie Hero Risky Beats Edition on Wii U for the longest time and figured I didn't need to get it on Switch until recently I was reading about the different Shantae games and was shocked to learn that there's a bunch more DLC on this version and the Day One Edition came with all these extras (like the art book [art books might be my favorite bonus item]). So then I freaked out because the window to get this game at close to retail had long passed and I could already see the price was creeping up on the bay. I tried making a few offers for some copies at around $100 on Mercari and somehow missed them. But then I managed to find someone on Reddit willing to trade this CIB copy with some outer damage for my mint sealed Celeste CE (which I was planning to let go of anyway). I know this sounds like a crazy dumb trade but this is already harder to find and I think value wise I got the better end of the deal here. 

I only need one more Shantae game to complete the set! How hard can that be, right? 😅

18B1F75D-6B8A-4E99-BDAD-50E629E7286B.thumb.jpeg.7382cf4a4f1d0c8e70025cdecbac19b5.jpeg

Got this in a trade, never knew there was a puzzle game based on Worms, and I love both Worms and puzzle games. Played it for a little while and I enjoyed the tutorial, then I dropped into the levels and they seemed unreasonably difficult and less about puzzles than about quick timing? Not sure what the deal is with this one. 

9FAE6A33-7687-46C8-9EAC-A080654D8FBE.thumb.jpeg.4266c38eb1671346f2410a39f75e2cf9.jpeg

And um... look. This is ugly. And I had to have it. And it cost me like $21. And yes I plan to open it. 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 5

This month has been really good for my collection.
Yesterday I got some amazing pieces.

A beautiful Master System with some accessories and games.

IABtlnHl.jpg gsCjVVNl.jpg yTrpll4l.jpg 

Also got two sealed Atari 2600 games, sealed Zelda TP for GC, CIB Lunar 2, CIB Magic Knight Rayearth and Mario & Sonic 2012:
fHt2odLl.jpg 6y6ICVrl.jpg

Edited by Galdius
  • Like 8

Hot off the good luck this month with Gameboy, I'm happy about this to say the least.

Things worked out well though later than I would have liked yesterday at the flea market.  I was alone and was able to go and with the state more or less semi-limited open again I decided to go around 11 (usually like to be there 8 or before for deals last year) and hadn't been since last fall.  Outside had variety but nothing I'd want, oddly inside was a weird win so I can't complain and I got off easy too ($5 each item for $15 total -- Chibi Robo was a $20 shipped pick online and near perfect.)

The Gobot was from a vendor I know of, it's Major Mo and clean very tight joints.  The PC game almost passed on it, the big manual was missing, but the dude had a few trek boxes, found it put accidentally in an trek encyclopedia box so I grabbed it and the disc is excellent.  I had TNG back when it was new, been wanting to buy it again but avoided ebay so yay!  And then EBA was at another vendor I've known for a long time and it's excellent too.

Times like this is why I'm glad I quit doing modern other than one system (and my PC here and there) as I prefer going back to stuff now or just finding something new on that format with my limited time as it is.  Also got a pre-pandemic and then a bit price on a dead minty Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow that came the other day in the mail too not pictured I'm working on now.

IMG_3701.JPG

• Like 4