IGNORED

DO NOT PREORDER NEW GAMES FROM GAMESTOP

phart010

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/7/2021 at 11:29 PM, darkchylde28 said:

Unless it's for something that's an actual limited edition item or needs a reserve in order to ship a specific quantity, don't preorder games period.  You're just giving some company a free loan, on which they get to collect interest and you don't.  At best, you get your game on time, at worst, you don't (as in this case).  I can't remember the last major release (that wasn't actually a true limited edition) that didn't have tons of copies sitting around on launch day at every retailer.  No need to preorder, just show up day of, slap down your money, and walk out.  This often precludes buying games at launch at GameStop due to them specifically keeping all the extra copies back on launch day "unless you had a preorder," despite having well in excess of what was preordered (used to work beside and was friends with 3 GameStop managers who confirmed my suspicions).  If you're doing it solely for the convenience, then do it through some place like Amazon, where they collect your payment details ahead of time but don't actually charge you until they complete (and ship!) the order.

Gamestop online preorders does not charge until the game is shipped either. The only time you get charged for a preorder. from gamestop is if you preorder in store. then you either put a deposit or pay it off completely. it’s your choice. Gamestop is great  it’s the only place that you get extra money for trade ins and discounts on games if you are a pro member. Amazon and walmart do not! 

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

To me, the only thing that matter is whether or not I'm getting a good deal.  I went about 2 years without buying anything from GameStop, but within the past year, I've been occasionally finding deals.  I purchased 6 brand new first party Switch titles during a B1G1 sale.  With that said, to this day, I've never pre-ordered anything from GameStop because I've never had any incentive to do so.  

5 minutes ago, RH said:

So, eh, is this thread popping up at the top of certain GameStop searches, and GameStop needed to put an intern "on it" to try and shill the company?

Can't help but wonder.

Clever call! Especially after that very telling language "Gamestop is great! everyone else is evil!"............................................................................

7 minutes ago, RH said:

and GameStop needed to put an intern "on it" to try and save the company?

fixed that for you

Events Team · Posted
6 hours ago, Charlie said:

Gamestop online preorders does not charge until the game is shipped either. The only time you get charged for a preorder. from gamestop is if you preorder in store. then you either put a deposit or pay it off completely. it’s your choice. Gamestop is great  it’s the only place that you get extra money for trade ins and discounts on games if you are a pro member. Amazon and walmart do not! 

Hey Chuck,

Welcome to the site.  Can you do me a favor really quick and just complete the following?  Thanks!

tVTfFRb.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Charlie said:

Gamestop is great for some things as you mentioned, but they suck at preorders. They are not on time, and they do not follow through on their commitments whether it be customer service requests or including the preorder bonuses that they promised.

If you want on-time delivery for preorders, use Walmart or Amazon. Don’t use Gamestop 

Edited by phart010
  • Agree 1

My local gamestop is closed more than its open. Half the time I try and go there, there's a sign saying "closed for staff shortages, will open tomorrow".

I don't plan to renew my pro membership, because what's the point?! If I can't get my monthly free $5 plushie, tote bag, or t-shirt anymore because they are closed whenever I go there, why bother going at all? My free time is limited, and they must treat staff like shit if they can't keep any to open the store. 

• Wow! 1

8 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

My local gamestop is closed more than its open. Half the time I try and go there, there's a sign saying "closed for staff shortages, will open tomorrow".

I don't plan to renew my pro membership, because what's the point?! If I can't get my monthly free $5 plushie, tote bag, or t-shirt anymore because they are closed whenever I go there, why bother going at all? My free time is limited, and they must treat staff like shit if they can't keep any to open the store. 

Dude, I hate this post COVID world we live in.  The closest fast food restaurant to me is a Hardee's.  Ever since they closed down their dining are in 2020, it's hit or miss if they are ever open.  It's hard to tell too because they leave the lights off.  You drive up to the drive through and start talking... but no one's home.

I know it's not game stop, but for whatever reason, the owners just won't seem to pay enough money to staff the place and I gave up going there over a year ago, but every time I drive by it looks the same.

(To be clear, this Hardee's is attached to a gas station, so it's hard to tell if it's legit closed or not until you've sat at the call box for 3-5 minutes until you realize that the exterior lights are on but nobodies home!)

3 hours ago, RH said:

Dude, I hate this post COVID world we live in.  The closest fast food restaurant to me is a Hardee's.  Ever since they closed down their dining are in 2020, it's hit or miss if they are ever open.  It's hard to tell too because they leave the lights off.  You drive up to the drive through and start talking... but no one's home.

I know it's not game stop, but for whatever reason, the owners just won't seem to pay enough money to staff the place and I gave up going there over a year ago, but every time I drive by it looks the same.

(To be clear, this Hardee's is attached to a gas station, so it's hard to tell if it's legit closed or not until you've sat at the call box for 3-5 minutes until you realize that the exterior lights are on but nobodies home!)

I’ll stand up on my soapbox all day and repeat that whatever shortcuts every restaurant took to stay open during Covid are still being cut now and nowhere is as good as it was pre-Covid. Hours, service, and particularly quality of food

• Agree 3

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I’ll stand up on my soapbox all day and repeat that whatever shortcuts every restaurant took to stay open during Covid are still being cut now and nowhere is as good as it was pre-Covid. Hours, service, and particularly quality of food

Half the quality at twice the price!  Hit every restaurant that I frequent.

1 hour ago, fox said:

Between hocking cell phones and an entire wall of those beadie eyed funko pops, feels more like a trashy pawn shop than a game store.

(Staff is actually helpful so respect to anyone working there)

Funko Pops are at all game shops.  I don’t entirely blame them.  I assume the used game shops have low margins and need what they can get.

I still don’t like them though.