IGNORED

Lego super mario 64 announced

Knud

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/super-mario-64-question-mark-block-71395?p=71395

The Lego 64 Super Mario block has been announced. From my point of view do not honestly know how i feel about it, but pricey, cool and not cool at the same time. The block itself would be nice to have with nintendo stuff. 

I bought the lego NES and loved assembling it with my kids, love how that looks

• Like 1

Looks awesome. They're great at milking that nostalgia. What the heck is with the question block being the main thing though? Does SM64 even have question blocks?? It feels a little mismatched to me: guy annoyed about minutia of a random toy on the internet.

Doesn't SM64 have these:

STjXipS.png

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 4

1 minute ago, DefaultGen said:

Looks awesome. They're great at milking that nostalgia. What the heck is with the question block being the main thing though? Does SM64 even have question blocks?? It feels a little mismatched to me: guy annoyed about minutia of a random production on the internet.

Doesn't SM64 have these:

STjXipS.png

Oh my god you are right, I HATE it now, lol! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, OptOut said:

Oh my god you are right, I HATE it now, lol! 🤣

1 minute ago, DefaultGen said:

Man, considering the scale (12x12) the worlds are so detailed and recognizable. It's amazing.

Oof yeah, no.

I zoomed in on the pictures, and yeah I DOUBLE hate it, the tiny little blocks with zero details, it looks worse than one of those jank fake Lego things. 

Yeah you can tell what it is, but I'd rather they did like a proper big set of just one level than this nonsense.

No sale.

• Like 2

Just now, OptOut said:

Oof yeah, no.

I zoomed in on the pictures, and yeah I DOUBLE hate it, the tiny little blocks with zero details, it looks worse than one of those jank fake Lego things. 

Yeah you can tell what it is, but I'd rather they did like a proper big set of just one level than this nonsense.

No sale.

YOU do better at the same scale nerd. But yeah one set of Bob-omb Battlefield would be better than these, but I think they're sweet. Or they should have an N64 that opens up into Bob-omb Battlefield instead of, you know, a ?-block that isn't in the game.

It can be like the Micro Machines sets that transformed

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Administrator · Posted

I recalled Mario 64 DS having question mark blocks, but it turns out all but the yellow blocks (red here):

image.png

Yellow coin blocks are still an exclamation in the DS version:

image.png

According to the wiki they changed all of the exclamation mark blocks to question marks EXCEPT for the yellow one. 

Nintendo re-writing their own history AGAIN! 😛

image.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m on the fence. I’m a huge LEGO fan and SM64 fan but this isn’t grabbing me like the NES did.

They’ve done a great job making the levels in mini scale, not an easy thing to do with LEGO. However, like others I don’t get why it is a ? block.

I’ve been very underwhelmed with the Nintendo/LEGO partnership so far.

They need to green light this:

image.jpeg.d9add0748d8e0cde7740f358059bb814.jpeg

• Like 4

This is neat but not for me. 

I'm just waiting for them to start making Zelda sets with iconic locales and dungeons.  As a kid I always pretended one of my Forestmen figures was Link with a brown horse as Epona.  I made little mazes for dungeons and had a couple skeletons from Pirates sets be Stalfos, knights in full armor with big gray axes be Iron Knuckles, etc.  I would gobble up every set and legit get back into LEGO. I still have a ton of my castles, pirates, space, and early Star Wars sets from my childhood with the directions, they just need assembled.  Just thinking about prospects for Zelda LEGO has me all hot and bothered now.

I know BOTW is the new hotness and OoT might get a throwback release but I definitely want at least one set from each of the first 6-8 games.  It's verybfar fetched but it's what I would want

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Like 3

Cody hit the nail on the head there.  It's a shame, but the prices they throw on these Nintendo ones are just overkill.

I've wanted the NES+tv thing, the interactive Mario kit even, but damn...too much.  This one is well up there as well, so no again.  I'll walk by the Lego store in the mall about 3mi from here when it comes out as I'd love to see it in person.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Cody hit the nail on the head there.  It's a shame, but the prices they throw on these Nintendo ones are just overkill.

I've wanted the NES+tv thing, the interactive Mario kit even, but damn...too much.  This one is well up there as well, so no again.  I'll walk by the Lego store in the mall about 3mi from here when it comes out as I'd love to see it in person.

The price is about 8cents per brick which is pretty good for a licensed set, Star Wars is worse. Their own sets sit around 6-7cents. A lot of people complain about the price of LEGO but LEGO also tries to cater to a range of price points, which isn't always present in hobbies. I personally think video games are way more expensive than LEGO.

Totally get if LEGO isn't people's thing but compared to a lot of hobbies it isn't too bad in the price department. Just my 2cents 🙂

Also, if anyone does like this and thinks the price is a bit high, it will go on sale eventually and will be around for a while so no need to FOMO.

• Like 1

I think it looks kinda shitty they could've made a way more detailed castle than that stylized version of a long distanced view or whatever it's called. Also the figures are these faceless blobs, once again a stylized depiction of the source material.

I don't care for Lego either way but atleast i'd want figures that look like the classic ones for some collecting continuity towards other series or sets. Even if they didn't i'd want something like bigger and more detailed heads like the Simpsons set, why would i want a downgrade?

• Like 3
  • Agree 1