IGNORED

2021 NFL/NCAA Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

Social Team · Posted
9 hours ago, AstralSoul said:

I mean without context the Browns sounds like it could be offensive I guess like Cincinnati Reds, but for those that don't know the Browns were named after Paul Brown. I'm surprised they haven't demanded the KC Chiefs change their name yet.

I have no issues with the name Washington Commanders but they could've come up with a better logo.

Don't forget the Red Sox, White Sox, and Purple Browns....

I think we can avoid some color names like Blacks and Whites.....Still my favorite team name has to be the Purple Browns.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 12:02 PM, Hammerfestus said:

Probably goes back further than Hue 😂   Been tanking for the past 20 years.  Brandon Weeden.

On paper, Weeden seemed like a good idea at the time.   Not too high of a pick and was a good college QB.

Also, what good is tanking when you have no clue what to do with your new-found higher picks?

2 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

On paper, Weeden seemed like a good idea at the time.   Not too high of a pick and was a good college QB.

Also, what good is tanking when you have no clue what to do with your new-found higher picks?

I remember the reasons.  I also remember him getting stuck under the flag.  Should’ve picked another little person.
Never said they were good at tanking 😂 I mean clearly not.

28 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

I remember the reasons.  I also remember him getting stuck under the flag.  Should’ve picked another little person.
Never said they were good at tanking 😂 I mean clearly not.

I'm just glad Indians fans stopped showing up when the owners stopped caring about the product on the field.

On 2/11/2022 at 12:36 AM, FireHazard51 said:

Being an old Bengal fan I've learn to be disappointed and heart broken with their performance.  Can't tell you how happy that they've made it to the Super Bowl.  Win or lose they've should be damn proud.

One more day!

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1

I really haven't been this excited for a Super Bowl in a long long time. Being from NY I support Jets and Giants and with Jets never having reached the SB in my lifetime and Giants playing in SB really being the only tine I've been somewhat excited for it, seeing the Bengals in the SB for the first time in my life (and many fans' lifetime as well) it has finally given me a reason to be super excited for the game! 

6 hours ago, AstralSoul said:

I really haven't been this excited for a Super Bowl in a long long time. Being from NY I support Jets and Giants and with Jets never having reached the SB in my lifetime and Giants playing in SB really being the only tine I've been somewhat excited for it, seeing the Bengals in the SB for the first time in my life (and many fans' lifetime as well) it has finally given me a reason to be super excited for the game! 

I'm just glad it's not the usual teams. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 12:36 AM, FireHazard51 said:

Being an old Bengal fan I've learn to be disappointed and heart broken with their performance.  Can't tell you how happy that they've made it to the Super Bowl.  Win or lose they've should be damn proud.

This turned out to be a great season,  but it's still tough not to be disappointed when they had the lead and lost it on a touchdown in the final two minutes just like last time. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1