IGNORED

Rate the Avatar Above You

Generic

25 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I run my games off of an old crt, old games look much better this way than in high resolution.

I agree.  This may shock some, but while I've been playing Battletoads via composite on my 1992 Trinitron, I think the pixels are still to crisp and I'm considering downgrading to the RF adapter.  Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with having a good signal but I distinctly recall playing my NES as a kid and the pixels were "fuzzy" from the coax signal and that's what I prefer to experience, plus the weaker signal helps dithered pixels blend with the phosphor bloom into one color.  That's the affect I want to replicate.

@Renmauzo I'm not sure it that's a self portrait or someone famous.  Google Search didn't bring up anything so due to ignorance, I'm going with the middle-- 5/10.  Sorry.

EDIT

Also, change is good.  I've been Sephiroth my beginning days on Nintendo Age.  I've used variations of the Galaga Ship for my avatar in other forums and it's a welcomed return.  IMHO, best arcade game ever made.  Ms. Pac-Man is a close second, though and the three of us were "born" in 1981, which makes it be best year ever. 😄

Edited by RH
  • Thanks 1

Galaga ship is 10/10, but this one got captured, so it's 9/10, sorry.

16 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I run my games off of an old crt, old games look much better this way than in high resolution.

@SNESNESCUBE64 wasn't suggesting higher resolutions or HD TVs, he was suggesting a decent video output designed for CRT TVs. It's not so much about getting crisp pixels as it's about not having a bunch of noise interference on the signal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sumez said:

@SNESNESCUBE64 wasn't suggesting higher resolutions or HD TVs, he was suggesting a decent video output designed for CRT TVs. It's not so much about getting crisp pixels as it's about not having a bunch of noise interference on the signal.

That may be fine and dandy, but I have no plans on modifying either my tv or my Micro Genius machine, as from where I sit when playing the games, they look more than fine.

Thanks for the insight though 🙂

5 minutes ago, Sumez said:

In all seriousness, I don't want white-streak noise (whatever that is specifically called) but I also don't want a crisp signal.  If the signal has a longer transition time from color to color as the electron beam scans the screen, the dither affect can work better and that's specifically what I want.

I found all of my CRTs on the side of the road.  I'm fortunate that around here out local trash pick up picks up anything and properly disposes it.  CRTs are becoming scarce but 3-5 years ago, I'd find 1-2 a month and I was able to get some nice commercial CRTs.  The last one I actually picked up was the 1992 Trinitron.  I picked it up from an old farm house on one of our main highways, and the owner came out and told me about about the TV.  The thing was diiiiiirty on the outside because it was used in a garage, but after a lot of windex and power-washing the shell, it looks great.  Regardless, I grew up with old Magnavox TVs from the mid-80s, so I guess that's why I think the Trinitron is "just to good".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RH said:

I'm not sure it that's a self portrait or someone famous.  Google Search didn't bring up anything so due to ignorance, I'm going with the middle-- 5/10.  Sorry.

Yep, it's just me, and mediocre is pretty apt.

Edited by Renmauzo

Graphics Team · Posted

@Renmauzo - looks classy to me. Almost "film-noir" -esque. 9/10.

7 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

CasualCart art work isn't the most amazing thing ever.....

Reveal hidden contents

9.95\10

Come fight me bro!

axel_eyes_gif.gif

Fight the guy who went so hard at weight-lifting that he gave himself an aneurysm!? 

Nah, I'm good.

-CasualCart

216823570_FirehazardFight.jpg.e7870562dcd0bf231f75201edc04441f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, CasualCart said:

@Renmauzo - looks classy to me. Almost "film-noir" -esque. 9/10.

Fight the guy who went so hard at weight-lifting that he gave himself an aneurysm!? 

Nah, I'm good.

-CasualCart

216823570_FirehazardFight.jpg.e7870562dcd0bf231f75201edc04441f.jpg

Your avatar doesn't look to even be in your own style. Shame.

6/10

• 2 weeks later...