IGNORED

TV Series Debates #1 [The Inaugural Free for All] - 'Chip n' Dales Rescue Rangers', 'Friends' & 'Tales from the Crypt'

RH

[The Inaugural Free for All] - 'Chip n' Dales Rescue Rangers', 'Tales from the Crypt' & 'Friends'  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Chip n' Dales Rescue Rangers (Disney's Cartoon Afternoon)

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite TV series of all time. You've seen every episode, and most multiple times.
    • 9/10 - Killer show. Everyone should watch it through at least once.
    • 8/10 - Great show and highly recommendable.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great. Worth enjoying but you don't have to go out of your way to watch the entire series.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy catching an episode or two in syndication.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'd ever consider to search out to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives than this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - So bad, watching this show hurts. If it were on in a waiting room and this was on the TV, you'd have to unplug the TV or leave.
    • Seen only an episode or two, but highly interested in seeing more.
    • Never seen it, but you're interested.
    • Never, or barely seen it, but have no intention of trying to watch this.
  2. 2. Friends (90's Sitcoms)

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite TV series of all time. You've seen every episode, and most multiple times.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great. Worth enjoying but you don't have to go out of your way to watch the entire series.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy catching an episode or two in syndication.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'd ever consider to search out to watch.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 0/10 - So bad, watching this show hurts. If it were on in a waiting room and this was on the TV, you'd have to unplug the TV or leave.
  3. 3. Tales from the Crypt (Mystery/Thriller)

• 3/10 - Not very good.

Welcome to the our initial TV series debate!  Typically each week we will debate three shows from a specific era or genre but for our first debate I figured I'd give a random sampling of the type of TV shows we will see.  Some categories will be a bit nostalgic from our childhoods, others might be considered "classics" while some series might be well remembered by a few but largely forgotten by everyone else.  This short list is a solid representation of those type of list we will see in the future.

The idea isn't necessarily to debate which of these three is the best show of the list, however, by way of votes we will definitely determine which are the more preferred TV series for any given category.  In the case of this first poll, it will be interesting to see how everyone feels about this random list.  In the coming weeks, these three shows will not show up again for the given week that represents their associated category.  Regardless, you will still be able to see how they stack up against similar TV shows once those other categories have been voted upon and debated.

I've already created a pretty solid list of TV shows and categories for the future but feel free to make suggestions in the master post where this information will be summarized (Linked Here)

Now, let's go!

This weeks TV Shows

Chip n' Dales Rescue Rangers (Disney's Cartoon Afternoon)

Aired Dates: March 4, 1989 – November 19, 1990

Total Seasons: 3

Total Episodes: 65

scale?width=1200&aspectRatio=1.78&format=jpeg

Friends (90's Sitcoms)

Aired Dates: September 22, 1994 – May 6, 2004

Total Seasons: 10

Total Episodes: 236

375px-Friends_logo.svg.png

Tales from the Crypt  (Mystery/Thriller)

Aired Dates: June 10, 1989 – July 19, 1996

Total Seasons: 7

Total Episodes: 93

Tales_from_the_crypt_title_shot.png

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Chip and Dale - watched it back in the day, no interest in revisiting it, can't give it a fair score from that.

Friends - Watched some with the wife, not really into the "3 camera" style of sitcom for the most part.

Tales from the Crypt - Watched the entire run, but never loved it.  I generally prefer film horror anthologies.

CnD - Not bad for Disney, but pretty run of the mill

Friends - annoying characters, cringe humor

Tales - More like a series of stand alone horror movies with different cast, crew, and story every episode.  Means they were very hit and miss, but the great episodes stood out and are truly worth seeking out.

Rescue Rangers was a solid cartoon but pretty forgettable.  As far as Disney offerings go it was no Duck Tales or Tale Spin.  7. probably higher than it should be.

Friends is obviously stupid.  The plots are idiotic.  The characters are contemptible.  It was a silly girl show.  All that being said I‘ve always enjoyed watching it.    6.

Tales from the Crypt was HBO right?  Not a thing we had.  I’ve seen an episode or 2 over the years but not enough to have an opinion.

Rescue Rangers was awesome.  As mentioned above, it's not on par with Duck Tales, but I did like it better than TaleSpin.  Also, when I busted out my VHS tapes for them, my nieces loved it too, along with Duck Tales, but TaleSpin couldn't hold their interest.  So it's definitely held it's own even to this day.  Definitely worth checking out if you're into Disney's old cartoons.

Friends I never gave a rat's ass about.  Never understood the fuss.

Tales from the Crypt was okay, but it's not really my cup of tea.  Interestingly, they also made it into a cartoon series (Tales from the Cryptkeeper) that kinda had a "Goosebumps" feel...horror for kids.  That one I'd be more interested in checking out in all honesty, if only for the nostalgia bug.

12 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Rescue Rangers was a solid cartoon but pretty forgettable.  As far as Disney offerings go it was no Duck Tales or Tale Spin.  7. probably higher than it should be.

Friends is obviously stupid.  The plots are idiotic.  The characters are contemptible.  It was a silly girl show.  All that being said I‘ve always enjoyed watching it.    6.

Tales from the Crypt was HBO right?  Not a thing we had.  I’ve seen an episode or 2 over the years but not enough to have an opinion.

It was an HBO show, but it was often syndicated on CBS. I remember watching it Saturday nights around 11:39, IIRC.

Moderator · Posted
5 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

My wife was obsessed with friends. Shes actually wearing a friends sweatshirt right now lol Ive seen every episode multiple times. We have friends trivia even 🤣🤣

It grew on me, not everything has to be Citizen Kane you Pretentious Tryhard fucks!!!

😉 

Worst laugh track in history ruins it for me. My fiancé loves it though and she has terrible taste in TV shows. 

1 minute ago, doner24 said:

Worst laugh track in history ruins it for me. My fiancé loves it though and she has terrible taste in TV shows. 

That Belongs to the big bang theory! But I agree the friends one is bad too. Ive seen some snips with it removed and its terrible. 

Maybe I have Stockholm syndrome from it or something lol I really dont mind it though

Rescue Rangers is one of my favorite cartoons of all time. Probably on par with Ducktales and Gargoyles, at least as far as Disney goes. 9/10

Friends I watched a lot back in the day, I liked a lot of the first 4 or so seasons and liked it less as it went on longer. But it's trendy to hate on it, and I really don't think it's bad. I've rewatched it a few times, but last time I only made it to season 5. Still it's one of the most successful and iconic sitcoms. 8/10

Tales from the Crypt I watched when I was younger, I'd like to watch it again. I remember liking it but it's been a long time since I last saw it. I gave it a 7/10 because like I said I do remember enjoying it.

Rescue Rangers was okay from what I remember, but it wasn't one of my favorite cartoons. 5/10.

I've only watched a few episodes of Friends and I didn't really care for it. 4/10.

I watched Tales From the Crypt regularly. It wasn't bad, but not great either. I'd rather watch The Twilight Zone instead. 6/10.

I went with 8, 4, 7. 

Rescue Rangers were one of my favorite Disney Afternoon favorites, but not #1 from that list.  Regardless, I liked all of them over the years.

Friends was one of those shows I never got into.  Back while it had it's run, there were certainly a share of date-able ladies who were into it.  If/when I was around someone watching it that I had an interest in, I tried to like it.  I did, but it never caught my interest.  Now, 20 years later and happily married, I just don't like it.

Tales from the Crypt was added to the list because though it's not something I'd be into today, I LOVED it as a kid.  I remember staying up late on Saturdays and watching it in syndication, which was prime time for horror films also on the Sci Fi channel.  I haven't seen an episode in years, though.  I bet they are super cheese.  Regardless, I gave it a nostalgia rating of 7.

A new poll for this week is coming as soon as I write it.  Sorry for the late response.  Work was hyper-busy yesterday and I was starting to feel the force of COVID.  My wife got it and the day before she went and was diagnosed, we shared a soda.  So, it was a matter of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't think too much of RR until the NES game came along.

In spite of the occasional laugh watching an episode of friends is like drinking a pint of estrogen through a beer bong.

Used to love Tales From The Crypt as a kid.  Had the opportunity to watch S3 recently.  Definitely there were some standout episodes, but it reminded me that there were an awful lot of episodes about revenge centering around marital infidelity.  Also, it's one of those shows that can produce a very real physically ill feeling after watching... 

I haven't seen an episode of Rescue Rangers since the early 90's but I remember it being one of my favorites at the time, just slightly behind Duck Tales. 7/10 based on gut-reaction and limited memory.

I never cared for Friends. I watched a handful of episodes and, to be fair, there are a few laughs here and there, but I would never, ever choose to watch it over just about anything else. If you want a goofy primetime sit-com about people bumbling through life, you'd be much better served by watching Seinfeld. 4/10

I used to anticipate Tales from the Crypt every week. I'm definitely a horror genre fan and mystery/horror anthology stuff is right up my alley. The Crypt Keeper was a nice touch to grab audience attention and I do remember a few great episodes but, as with any anthology series, it lives or dies by the quality of it stories. I think Tales had about as many "blah" episodes as it had good ones. Definitely not on quite on the same level with The Twilight Zone or even The Outer Limits. Still, I appreciated what it did and I have some fond memories of late nights with old Cryptsie. 7/10

Rescue Rangers - I did watch the pilot movie and the series as it aired, but I can't see myself revisiting this show.  Decades later, that song the Bee Woman sings to hypnotize people still haunts my mind. <shakes fist> Oh yeah, Chip & Dale are dressed like Indiana Jones & Magnum PI.  Absolutely would pick this over Friends.

Friends - I've never understood the appeal of this show.

Tales From the Crypt - I saw some of the show, but horror stuff isn't my thing.  I'd gladly pick this over Friends though.