IGNORED

The TV Series Debates - Master List & Results

RH

We've debated movies, music, video games and consoles.  What's missing?  TV Shows of course!

I'm taking it upon myself to create a series of weekly polls rating TV shows.  But there are a lot of TV show genres and eras.  How might we cover them all?   Well I'm glad you asked!

Each week I intend to select a genre, era or category of television.  I'll post 3 polls for 3 different TV shows and each poll will represent a specific TV show within the weekly category.  Poll options will be pretty standard and are modified variants of @Reed Rothchild's movie debates (Thanks Reed!) so you should be familiar with the format.

Feel free to then discuss "obvious" TV shows I should have added instead of the three I've selected, argue about which shows are better than others or just reminisce about the shows that are gone and loved.  Each week I'll summarize the results here in this thread and we can start to see which TV shows reign supreme as the best of all time.

Edited by RH

Results as of 6-12-2021

1. 8.500 - Mystery Science Theater 3000 - The Cable Era
  2. 7.950 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Original Series)
  3. 7.909 - Firefly
  4. 7.600 - South Park
  5. 7.467 - Chip n' Dales Rescue Rangers
  6. 7.111 - Stargate: SG-1
  7. 7.080 - Beavis and Butthead
  8. 7.000 - The Dick van Dyke Show
  9. 6.769 - Get Smart
  10. 6.600 - Battlestar Galactica (2004)
  11. 6.467 - G. I. Joe: A Real American Hero
  12. 6.412 - He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
  13. 6.294 - Gilligan's Island
  14. 6.000 - Tales from the Crypt
  15. 4.357 - Friends

Shows with to few votes

• BoJack Horseman - 6 votes, 7.167
  • Mystery Science Theater 3000 - The Netflix and Beyond Era - 6 votes, 8.000
  • RiffTrax - 5 votes, 8.000

Edited by RH

I demand request a couple Saturday Morning Cartoon debates, maybe ones from each decade? 80s, 90s, 2000s?

80s He-Man, Thundercats, Transformers

90s X-Men, Batman, TMNT

2000s Jackie Chan, Justice League (Unlimited), Last Airbender (Didn't watch this til later so not sure if it was actually a Sat AM show lol)

Then could also do other versions like Live Action shows with Power Rangers vs Beetle Borgs vs Kamen Rider or something, or Anime kings with Naruto vs DBZ vs Pokemon lol

Possibilities are endless!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

I demand request a couple Saturday Morning Cartoon debates, maybe ones from each decade? 80s, 90s, 2000s?

80s He-Man, Thundercats, Transformers

90s X-Men, Batman, TMNT

2000s Jackie Chan, Justice League (Unlimited), Last Airbender (Didn't watch this til later so not sure if it was actually a Sat AM show lol)

Then could also do other versions like Live Action shows with Power Rangers vs Beetle Borgs vs Kamen Rider or something, or Anime kings with Naruto vs DBZ vs Pokemon lol

Possibilities are endless!

You will be happy to know there is a progressional pattern to my themes and cartoon nostalgia, generally speaking, will be well covered.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...