IGNORED

Thank F*ck GUILTY

SailorScoutMandy

4 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

So I had a great fried chicken sandwich not too long ago from a chain called TKK fried chicken. While they don't have a drive through, the product itself is well worth getting out of your car for. It is certainly a contender for best fried chicken sandwich!

I've been there a few times and the food has always been very good! The only downside is with my local store. It seems like a family with no restaurant experience bought a franchise. I've had multiple orders missing food, or they give me the wrong condiments, etc. Rookie type issues. Just make sure you double check your orders before leaving, because the food itself is very worth it!

https://www.tkkusa.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4ImEBhDFARIsAGOTMj8ac45os1U8Zv-tibtBtyXwkE0on_ZRLv5aCZpP5nV7b92QDmj9_OIaAmwdEALw_wcB

TKK+Item+of+the+month-01+(Small).png

Holy shit! I am astonished at what you posted, and I hate to make it about me, though I'm just going to say something that you may or may not be aware of.

I am very familiar with TKK, also known as Ting Kwa Kwa, nowadays romanised as Ding Gua Gua. Taiwanense restaurant chain, the story I once heard was that back in the 60s or 70s, the founder had gone to Japan and loved KFC, and the idea of the combo meal, so he brought it back to Taiwan by establishing the restaurant TKK.

No idea this restaurant had shops in the States, wow.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Tying this back to the topic, do you guys prefer white or dark meat?

If I'm eating parts, dark all the way. Give me a quality chicken thigh all day!

I usually would rather have a sandwich any day of the week, though. I feel like the breading they use might have a bit of 5 spice to it, giving it a nice chinese american flavor. Absolutely delicious. It's hidden in a run down strip mall next to Nashua Community College. Everyone's local TKK might be pretty hidden too.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Holy shit! I am astonished at what you posted, and I hate to make it about me, though I'm just going to say something that you may or may not be aware of.

I am very familiar with TKK, also known as Ting Kwa Kwa, nowadays romanised as Ding Gua Gua. Taiwanense restaurant chain, the story I once heard was that back in the 60s or 70s, the founder had gone to Japan and loved KFC, and the idea of the combo meal, so he brought it back to Taiwan by establishing the restaurant TKK.

No idea this restaurant had shops in the States, wow

Oh so when the subject is Fried Chicken, you suddenly don't like making it all about yourself? Got it!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OptOut said:

I'm glad this thread is FINALLY tackling the real issues!

Honestly, not a big fan of TKK myself, not into sweet potato fries they do here. I love the fried chicken cheese steak you can get from nightmarkets around here tho! 😋

Please tell me more, not only have I never heard of that but cannot even imagine such a heavenly menu item 🙂

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Take a chicken, steak that bitch, shove some cheese all up in there, batter and deep fry!

snoop dogg kiss GIF by VH1

Didn't we grab one of those last time at Yi Zhong? Man, I'm getting hungry for that shit again, f*ck the weight lifting and healthy living.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Post pics if you think of it!

It was maybe six or eight months ago, sadly we didn't take any pics. I remember we split it amongst ourselves, so we could sample more foods, that's the problem here, so many tasty foods, you want to try them all! Then your trousers don't fit a week later, and you're left struggling trying to figure out what to do 😄

Next time I see one I'll post pictures, if OptOut doesn't beat me to it.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4187391

This just occurred over the weekend, woman shot and killed after an incident with police.

The article suggests that the officers did not first attempt to shoot out the tires, but a video online suggests otherwise.

Police brutality? Asian on Asian racism? Something else?

23 hours ago, fcgamer said:

This just occurred over the weekend, woman shot and killed after an incident with police.

The article suggests that the officers did not first attempt to shoot out the tires, but a video online suggests otherwise.

Would it be fair of me to assess that you have an understanding of being on the receiving end of racism, but it is clear you do not walk the life of a black man in America?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Would it be fair of me to assess that you have an understanding of being on the receiving end of racism, but it is clear you do not walk the life of a black man in America?

I want to discuss whether there is police brutality and excessive use of force or not in the article posted above.

It's picking up some steam here, due to people (Taiwanense) looking at the cases in the States, such as the one mentioned in this very thread.

So that's the point I want to discuss.

1 minute ago, fcgamer said:

I want to discuss whether there is police brutality and excessive use of force or not in the article posted above.

It's picking up some steam here, due to people (Taiwanense) looking at the cases in the States, such as the one mentioned in this very thread.

So that's the point I want to discuss.

Sure, I'm happy to discuss the issue and I will make an effort going forward to keep the conversation focused. I respectfully request that before I do so, you answer my question so I have a better understanding of where you are coming from. Are you willing to do so?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Sure, I'm happy to discuss the issue and I will make an effort going forward to keep the conversation focused. I respectfully request that before I do so, you answer my question so I have a better understanding of where you are coming from. Are you willing to do so?

We have discussed this matter numerous times, and the honest fact of the matter is that only some stories, some voices, "count".

Maybe I am remembering incorrectly, but didn't you mention in one of these threads that your wife is black? I'm just assuming that you're white, please forgive me if I'm wrong, I don't want to be disrespectful.

While such a relationship definitely would give you much more exposure to the ugliness of racism in America, than I would have, as a white guy from a rural area with very few black people, though neither of us have walked in the shoes of a black man in America as we aren't black.

Through other people and their stories can we try to understand what black people in America or elsewhere are going through, whether it's from experiences we've seen firsthand with black friends, things we've seen on the news , etc. But although we can educate ourselves, if we are not black, we cannot 1:1 experience what they are going through. That's just how it is, unless we can somehow change our race.

I've experienced systemic racism firsthand, also have experienced prejudice relating to being in multi-ethnic relationships. I imagine you would likely have experienced the latter too, sadly.

I just want to end the topic of "does @fcgamer understand systemic racism". I fully believe you. But you live the life of a white man in Taiwan, not a black man in America, which are completely different things. 

Cops certainly can be a murdering menace to people around the world, not just America. 

One major thing that a black man needs to consider when being pulled over is to have both hands be visible at all times. There is an inherent fear of black men in America that makes people feel immediately threatened at a higher pace than white people or other minorities. A paranoid and racist cop might just fear you are reaching into your glove box for a weapon and not your vehicle registration as was the case of Philando Castille. A black man walking into a convenience store late at night has a much higher chance of being feared to rob them. Being black in America is to have a mass of people fear you for no reason.

Edited by Kguillemette
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

I just want to end the topic of "does @fcgamer understand systemic racism". I fully believe you. But you live the life of a white man in Taiwan, not a black man in America, which are completely different things. 

Cops certainly can be a murdering menace to people around the world, not just America. 

One major thing that a black man needs to consider when being pulled over is to have both hands be visible at all times. There is an inherent fear of black men in America that makes people feel immediately threatened at a higher pace than white people or other minorities. A paranoid and racist cop might just fear you are reaching into your glove box for a weapon and not your vehicle registration as was the case of Philando Castille. A black man walking into a convenience store late at night has a much higher chance of being feared to rob them. Being black in America is to have a mass of people fear you for no reason.

Perhaps the focus should be placed on this then? I've mentioned previously in different boosts that fear is one major cause of racism and prejudice, something that I believe holds true no matter which corner of the globe you're in.

I'll say this much though, no matter what "side" you are on, there's much better ways of making people aware of the plight of a people than by such methods as I've seen in this thread and others like it, which ultimately just cause a greater division imo.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I'll say this much though, no matter what "side" you are on, there's much better ways of making people aware of the plight of a people than by such methods as I've seen in this thread and others like it, which ultimately just cause a greater division imo.

Well said, people playing that sad traditional card would be better served realizing that.  Just because you're .... you don't get it.  No better way to divide people to split them up and shove them in a predetermined box.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 6:43 PM, fcgamer said:

Why did you say asian on asian racism?

She tried to speed off and rammed another car. At that point, as far as police are concerned, she's using a vehicle like a weapon and potentially harming innocents.

The one thing I've learned from watching police videos, don't spook out while driving a car around police who are on foot. If you so much as seem like you might run over someone's big toe, you're gonna get blasted.

It's unfortunate someone died, but the driver shouldn't have totally cracked out in response to a simple order to get out of the car.

Technically both sides are at fault and contribute equal parts to the tragic situation. Running from modern cops? Just about the dumbest thing you can do. It reminds me of the meme youtube comment "...So you have chosen death."

And the cops actions, squeezing off a few rounds? Probably uncalled for, they could have just been like "Well we got the plates, we'll bag that babe at a later date."

But again, you NEVER squirrel out in a car around cops on foot. It's a recipe for "Crazy a-hole commandeering giant metal weapon, light 'em up!"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

One Asian killed another. Obviously the police are at fault, right?

So let me get this straight. You think it's funny to parody racist american tropes in asia?

4 hours ago, fcgamer said:

And at the same time you are whining about me calling out you out as coming off as racist?

Honestly, I'm starting to think that the racism you are experiencing in Taiwan is more people just speaking to you and understanding your an asshole.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, Californication said:

So let me get this straight. You think it's funny to parody racist american tropes in asia?

And at the same time you are whining about me calling out you out as coming off as racist?

Honestly, I'm starting to think that the racism you are experiencing in Taiwan is more people just speaking to you and understanding your an asshole.

Lol. You don't know me, you should take a step back and look at all the hatred you've been spewing in this thread and others.