IGNORED

Work In Progress: Complete List of NA(US) Game Boy Cartridge Variants

RH

I finally picked up the championship boxing 2-player logo variant.

Should we count this as an error variant?  It seems the logo refers to 1-player/2-player capability so if the game was always 1 player then it must have been released accidently with the 2-player logo.

Thanks for sharing the tennis variant as well.

2 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

yes the logo variant is only for 2 player games so far.  however there is another at least 2 more variants i'm confirming and it has to do with PC.  so this will get messy.  🙂

The boxing game is a 1 player game though. That's why I'm wondering if its the only one that counts as an error as opposed to the other variants that are just updated logos.

Edited by samsamsamsmasmasma

4 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

AHHH that was the TM vs R  not link logo ie 2 line vs 3 line

I'm not saying its the 2 line vs 3 line 

It has variant of the two-player logo and single player logo (the same logo that has the 2 line vs 3 line) which is why I am asking if it should be considered an error since it was only ever a single player game.

The original checklist categorizes variants as errors which is why I am asking.

19 minutes ago, samsamsamsmasmasma said:

I'm not saying its the 2 line vs 3 line 

It has variant of the two-player logo and single player logo (the same logo that has the 2 line vs 3 line) which is why I am asking if it should be considered an error since it was only ever a single player game.

The original checklist categorizes variants as errors which is why I am asking.

ohhh hell did not see that part on the LOGO🤐.  i was just looking at the TM/R part.  guess i need to add that to the list as well.

is the game a 2 player game ???

Editorials Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, samsamsamsmasmasma said:

Oh yea. I guess it is. It's weird that the more prevalent variant is the single player logo. Do the date codes show that the 2 player logo version came out after?

Ohhh I see what you're saying, one of them has the single-player logo. Good catch!

6 hours ago, JVOSS said:

Happy News Year...

Will it is news for the variant group.  Here is one for everyone to add. non rev variant.

DMG-TN-USA  -A (this is the desination i'm adding to the catalog code "A" for the second instance of the game with out a label -1 update)

DMG-TN-USA-A.thumb.jpg.6199b560985dba9c78d70f2cfc9cc9ca.jpg

DMG-TN-USA

DMG-TN-USA.jpg.4f7bd668f7b4d3603bb1e6e5ad960ee4.jpg

Can we get a pic of the made in Japan left side chips? I have never seen this variant before. Thank you

Edited by RpgCollector

1 hour ago, samsamsamsmasmasma said:

Oh yea. I guess it is. It's weird that the more prevalent variant is the single player logo. Do the date codes show that the 2 player logo version came out after?

I only have the R so the chip date code is  9842.  i have not yet cataloged the PCB date.

however the TM 1 player version is should have a code from early 1990 to late 1990

HCB released May 18, 1990

Game Boy trade marked November 13, 1990

So this means any game before November 13, 1990 is fare game for the TM/R for Game Boy down the side.

anyone have a Month Day, Year release date for games?

• Like 1

There are two of the tennis variants listed on mercari if anyone is interested.  Both are part of small lots but not too overly priced. 

https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m48820038846/?iv_code=CFXYDQ&object_id=m48820038846&object_type=item

*edit the second listing was not the USA version

4 hours ago, samsamsamsmasmasma said:

I finally picked up the championship boxing 2-player logo variant.

Should we count this as an error variant?  It seems the logo refers to 1-player/2-player capability so if the game was always 1 player then it must have been released accidently with the 2-player logo.

Thanks for sharing the tennis variant as well.

Did someone say error?

Here's my count

Bill and Ted (LJN logo no color)

Ducktales (DMT mispelling should be DMG)

Qbillion (black Nintendo logo)

Princess Blobette (missing 1 dash in serial number)

Tetris (missing both dashes in serial number)

Heavyweight championship boxing(1-player logo error)

Could make the argument that space invaders as well as wario blast are errors because they have the -1 revision when they are the initial release

1 hour ago, samsamsamsmasmasma said:

Not sure if you could make the argument that space invaders as well as wario blast are errors because they have the -1 revision when they are the initial release

should we add:

Space Invaders and Wario Blast, then we should also include Dragon's Lair: The Legend rev 0 and Dragon's Lair: The Legend -1 rev