IGNORED

Work In Progress: Complete List of NA(US) Game Boy Cartridge Variants

RH

51 minutes ago, RH said:

For the curios.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Mario-Land-Game-Boy-Complete-in-box-excellent-condition-/303806849969?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l44720.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

I used Gixen with a max bid of $200.  I really assumed I'd get it for $100, tops.  I really didn't expect 2 other people to outbid me.  The #1 bidder must have thrown out something really crazy.

This and the SML 2 one I have seem to be quite rare, and they are first party variants, so it kind of doesn't surprise me.  Heck, if I hadn't been tapped out of Paypal funds for my fun money, I know I would have gone higher.  I want to pair this with my CIB SML 2 E as a set, as sort of a "grail".  I hope I didn't miss my last chance at a "reasonable" price in the next 10 years.

Regardless, I bet the seller is a bit shocked at what they got.  This is usually like a $50 game CIB.

didn't know about that one. damnn, That would have been a Solid $500 from me.  will have to keep looking.  year 16 for this one.

44 minutes ago, DK said:

I didn't see anyone post an answer, so I went and took pics of mine. 

SML -2 "E" variant, 9945

SAM_9010.JPG

kind guessed the pcb to be a BEAN-20 they started showing up in 98' just around the same time frame as the Solid E's started.  This helps understand the time frame for the reissue of the SML /SML2 and just about the same time SUNSOFT did the reissue of their new game library..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Lol, I just lost a fairly nice LA rated E CIB (box has K-A though) with a bid of 177. I did get the seller to send me pictures of the box and manual date codes (980819 and 980820 respectively), so I'm pretty sure a rated E box doesn't exist. 

EDIT: I should also mention my rated E cart has a date code of 9834 which is the week of Aug 16, 1998.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174551873689

image.png.603ef05834fd0928445d87f4d2d584ad.pngimage.thumb.png.ec407db6ca998d2c0e8ddb1f42d7307a.pngimage.png.bfc20ff0406eec9216e92499ab8e41f5.png

All mysteries solved with this and the SML E auction! I can finally sleep easy!

16 minutes ago, RH said:

@bowser It's uncommon compared to the "DMT" one. This one was packed in with the THQ rerelease. I don't think it's worth more. Back when I was looking, you could find one of these in about 20-25.

Yeah value-wise I figured it shouldn't be worth more but I was wondering more about the ratio of DMT/DMG units. Would you say 70/30 or 80/20 for example?

Edited by bowser

16 minutes ago, Splain said:

In my experience I'd say 70/30. They're not hard to find at all, there's a bunch on ebay right now.

Really? I might be misrecalling. I think this one of the first variants I picked up on, on my own (not counting Players Choice games), so I might be misrecalling. I know at the time I wanted a "DMG" because I didn't know it was a second release.

I knew I could find them but I thought the ratio was much lower than 70/30, but I could be wrong.

40 minutes ago, Splain said:

Just looking at ebay, 1 in 3/4 is about right. Not that it doesn't fluctuate of course. They're just not rare right now. I wish some of these other variants would fluctuate as well lol.

Yeah... And speaking of, the one guy selling the (IMHO) over priced Lock N Chase, well, I sent him a not-as-overpriced offer and he took it. Obviously, I've not been looking for these as long as some like JVOSS, but by chance, that has been one I've been following on my eBay searches since I started variant hunting. If it really is a tough one, I didn't want to let it slip.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RH said:

Yeah... And speaking of, the one guy selling the (IMHO) over priced Lock N Chase, well, I sent him a not-as-overpriced offer and he took it. Obviously, I've not been looking for these as long as some like JVOSS, but by chance, that has been one I've been following on my eBay searches since I started variant hunting. If it really is a tough one, I didn't want to let it slip.

Interested what you got the lock n chase for. I think I've only seen 3 of these all in decent condition. The one you picked up, one on mercardi that sold for $7 and one from a facebook group that I picked up for $5. I think I offered the guy on ebay $75 which I thought was more than fair. I can't remember what the highest he was ever asking but it was a bit all over the place.

My guess for the ducktales would be %10 or less. It's highly anecdotal as the sample size that is listed over a given time is pretty low.

Edited by samsamsamsmasmasma

12 minutes ago, samsamsamsmasmasma said:

Interested what you got the lock n chase for. I think I've only seen 3 of these all in decent condition. The one you picked up, one on mercardi that sold for $7 and one from a facebook group that I picked up for $5. I think I offered the guy on ebay $75 which I thought was more than fair. I can't remember what the highest he was ever asking but it was a bit all over the place.

My guess for the ducktales would be %10 or less. It's highly anecdotal as the sample size that is listed over a given time is pretty low.

I sent him $50 twice, probably a month or so a part. I got a bit of cash in my PayPal last week and I was done Christmas shopping, I bumped my last and final offer up to $75. Sorry dude, but it looks like I was the guy to finally motivate him to stop being a greedy fool.

8 hours ago, RH said:

seem like after i shook one loose they all started to fall.  glad you was able to get the Sunsoft LnC now can we please get the SML "E" to start falling out of the tree.

BTW i need a KI NFR if anyone would like to trade i have a few extra CHN and a CHN zelda i Could let go of. just saying.

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, JVOSS said:

BTW i need a KI NFR if anyone would like to trade i have a few extra CHN and a CHN zelda i Could let go of. just saying.

You got a CHN Zelda? I remember you were looking for that one pretty hard.

Not that I have a KI NFR to trade for it, lol. I think I've seen only two of those ever in my whole life.

2 hours ago, RH said:

I sent him $50 twice, probably a month or so a part. I got a bit of cash in my PayPal last week and I was done Christmas shopping, I bumped my last and final offer up to $75. Sorry dude, but it looks like I was the guy to finally motivate him to stop being a greedy fool.

I'm happy someone did. It was frustrating every time I seen the auction. $75 seems pretty fair. 

1 hour ago, Splain said:

You got a CHN Zelda? I remember you were looking for that one pretty hard.

Not that I have a KI NFR to trade for it, lol. I think I've seen only two of those ever in my whole life.

i found a second one with in a few days of the first one. and now one is ready for a new home.